Taylor turned down $600K to return

It wont.....you will see players doing the same thing next year.
So many stories just like this at UM over the years. Obviously not the turning down money part but the leaving early to go undrafted and barely make a practice squad part...and still these kids NEVER LEARN.

Advertisement
Honestly I don't care anymore.

I just dont

It's been going on for 20 years. If you wanna go the route of "**** it" god bless you and I have no sympathy what so ever.

600k to go to school for free and enjoy Coral Gables

"Naw fam I'm good lemme rep 15 on the bench and run a 7.8 forty ill be drafted high."

As Red Foreman eloquently says

"Dumbass"

is it ever?
1000001138.gif

Advertisement
Yall talking about Taylor in hindsight. But ignoring the fact that he 100% doesn't go undrafted if he didn't completely bomb the proday/combine workouts

You may be right.

But the issues of "bombing the Pro Day" and "not being wanted back by Miami" are related.

Low energy. Minimal effort. No improvement.

Are we honestly thinking that Taylor was going to suddenly wake up, after multiple years, to put forth a great Pro Day performance?

Advertisement
Yall talking about Taylor in hindsight. But ignoring the fact that he 100% doesn't go undrafted if he didn't completely bomb the proday/combine workouts
If he would have done decent in workouts, teams might have looked past his faults. The thing is, shouldn’t a player know how he’s going to perform in testing? Don’t they know how many times they can bench 225 and how fast they can run a 40? I can’t imagine Taylor was shocked at how he performed in testing.

You may be right.

But the issues of "bombing the Pro Day" and "not being wanted back by Miami" are related.

Low energy. Minimal effort. No improvement.

Are we honestly thinking that Taylor was going to suddenly wake up, after multiple years, to put forth a great Pro Day performance?
So you’re saying that not only was Taylor not offered $600k, he was not even wanted back for his senior season?

So were they gettin' in his *** to work harder and it ****ed him off or were there personality clashes? Or both?

You are in the approximate ballpark. Can't necessarily say "****ed off" or "personality clashes", but there was a differential on work ethic.

So you’re saying that not only was Taylor not offered $600k, he was not even wanted back for his senior season?

He "could have" made $600K if there was a shared desire for him to come back. That number would be in line with his original NIL deal and other prevailing DT NIL deals at the current time.

As for being wanted back for his senior season, yes, he would have been wanted back under a particular set of circumstances.

Advertisement
if in fact the coaches and everyone else with the money wanted him back and there was actually 600k on the table then this is easily the dumbest one. Bandy didn’t have 600k on the table

Who the **** advises these kids???

Article says Miami offered him $600k to come back this year and he said no, only to be undrafted.

I have a very hard time believing Miami offered an UDFA quality player 600K to come back, at best he probably got half of that.

Advertisement
These kids just aren't smart man. Surprised the parents or adults in his life didn't advise him to take that deal as well...guess he thought much higher or himself than anyone in the NFL thought
they aren't suppose to be smart, but they are suppose to know what they don't know and THEN rely on those that DO know (cf. Rumsfeld's explanation of things you know you know, thing you know you don't know and, the best and most dangerous one, things that you don't know that you don't know)

i believe @Empirical Cane was at that presser at the DoD

At the same time missed workouts and meetings pre-draft. Hope he has someone that can talk some sense into him.

Advertisement
Back