Taylor turned down $600K to return

Advertisement
1000003892.gif

I’m sure it was the same with JW. These kids have been told their shiit doesn’t stink since they were 6. They only believe in themselves. It’s a great trait if they also have relentless drive to get better annd anre coachable. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case here.

This was a lose/lose situation. Wish he would have done a mock combine to see how far off he was and maybe realized he was hosing himself. But there’s no teaching stubborn.

This is the guy he’s citing for those who don’t believe it. And if you don’t, have you not seen the DT market? We’re offering Barrow more than this, by the way.

Jets are going to fire their coach this year if they don’t win.
Getting high maintenance weak crying poor me players like LT just assures this outcome.

Why does it seem like our players are so desperate to get out of here? Either that, or they have complete morons advising them on these crucial decisions.

Advertisement
The article was saying he was offered that specific amount. You dont have to believe this guy but CIS follows him so he's probably legit.
1000042913.jpg

600K?! Surely that meant he took draft prep seriously and not look like a lazy POS during all his workouts right???

Looking forward to watching him produce for a top tier team like the St. Louis Battlehawks 🫡

Why does it seem like our players are so desperate to get out of here? Either that, or they have complete morons advising them on these crucial decisions.

They also come in with a 3-and-done mentality and when we are a middle ACC team for 20 years, I would wager these players don't see much reason to stick around for a 4th year of 7-6 football.

NIL changes the game a bit. There is no reason for Leonard Taylor to leave as a true junior without doing anything of significance while there is going to be money on the table for him. Mom isn't struggling to pay the mortgage anymore for college athletes at many levels of athletics these days. Babies from young men and women that are figuring out how to care for them aren't as hungry as they once were.

You should be staying in school as long as you can to maximize your bank account and leave when the time is right. Its not in the 3rd year player after a 1 sack season when you'll interview like a child.

Advertisement
They also come in with a 3-and-done mentality and when we are a middle ACC team for 20 years, I would wager these players don't see much reason to stick around for a 4th year of 7-6 football.

NIL changes the game a bit. There is no reason for Leonard Taylor to leave as a true junior without doing anything of significance while there is going to be money on the table for him. Mom isn't struggling to pay the mortgage anymore for college athletes at many levels of athletics these days. Babies from young men and women that are figuring out how to care for them aren't as hungry as they once were.

You should be staying in school as long as you can to maximize your bank account and leave when the time is right. Its not in the 3rd year player after a 1 sack season when you'll interview like a child.
7-6 (9-3 with a weaker schedule) football, limited draft development from the head coach (4 guys in 12 years doesn't count) and a reputation for piling on injuries.

Chit if you believe "NIKE OPENING" testing like some do: Kinchens ran the same 40 at 17 that he ran at 21. That's after 2y under Feld and 1y under Feeley. With his vert only improving 2" that means puberty, D&N, S&C and combine prep did NOTHING for him

Slow down, guys.

The article cites some guy Zach Soskin who I guess is an NIL advocate and he seems to suggest LT “could” have made that.

Let’s not criticize the players based on nothing but likely speculation.
Yeah not exactly sure why anyone thinks Taylor was getting 600k from NIL. Guys with a much better track record are getting that kind of money but you’re essentially saying a DT who wasn’t even honorable mention all ACC can command 600k in the transfer market.

I mean…..I’m sure they were all offered money to stay. 600k seems to be in the ball park for a DT. Even if the guy is throwing bs out there, he probably isn’t far from the truth.

Advertisement

There should be a consulting firm or seminar for eligible athletes to weigh the pros and cons of going pro. In the Hurricanes case, of what staying at Miami at (x) NIL annual income looks like versus going to a state with a personal income tax as a 6th or 7th round draft choice.

Well, I don't know if the 600k is correct or not but I can assure you he was going to make more than the 110k. This comes down to who you trust your head coaches or people from the outside. We've seen year after year the Miami players haven't fully trusted our head coach's opinions on their draft status.

Yeah not exactly sure why anyone thinks Taylor was getting 600k from NIL. Guys with a much better track record are getting that kind of money but you’re essentially saying a DT who wasn’t even honorable mention all ACC can command 600k in the transfer market.

I'd be shocked if Miami didn't offer him that number. We're offering dudes who aren't on draft boards now that kind of figure, and more. Why not keep one of your own at that number. Either way, although I completely disagree, let's say it wasn't 600K. Let's say 400K? BUDDY WENT UNDRAFTED! And it shouldn't have been a complete shock. Anyone with a brain who would have advised him honorably would have told him what he put on tape didn't justify a Day 1 or Day 2 pick. At ABSOLUTE BEST, pre-combine, he should have thought he'd be a 4th round pick, likley later.

So what's your only avenue? Go tear up the combine. Well guess what? The tests aren't surprises. You don't get there and they say OK, actually, we're gonna ask you to climb walls and build a suspension bridge. You know wtf you need to do. So go put on cleats and run a 40. Oops, that sucked. Go test your vertical. ****, that seemed like I was wearing cement shoes. Go run a short shuttle. Slower than the Brightline after it hits someone. Hmmmmm....this isn't going well. Yo, Mario, is that 400K paid in cash, or what?

Dumb decisions all around, and sadly just another in what seems like an endless line of them from Miami athletes.

Advertisement
You guys aren't factoring in that sometimes players just don't wanna stay & are ready to move on.

People always get beside themselves when players leave early, but the reality is, you shouldn't want any player that doesn't want to stick around to come back for another year. All they end up doing is driving the locker room down. And tbh, there's nothing that can happen that will change the trajectory of the outcome. If he wound up as an UDFA after his Junior season, the reasons that lead to that happening will still be there his Senior season.

If he's got bad work ethic as a Junior, he's gonna have it as a Senior. If he takes plays off as a Junior, he's gonna take plays off as a Senior. If he's fat & lazy as a Junior... You get the gist.

The guys who leave early are doing exactly what they're supposed to do.

7-6 (9-3 with a weaker schedule) football, limited draft development from the head coach (4 guys in 12 years doesn't count) and a reputation for piling on injuries.

Chit if you believe "NIKE OPENING" testing like some do: Kinchens ran the same 40 at 17 that he ran at 21. That's after 2y under Feld and 1y under Feeley. With his vert only improving 2" that means puberty, D&N, S&C and combine prep did NOTHING for him
And that’s happened with a bunch of our kids under different S&C regimes. It’s maddening… can’t wrap my head around that.

It seemed under Randy we saw a lot of improvement in strength and speed numbers. Didn’t translate to wins on the field so there’s that but it appeared kids were getting bigger and faster during their time here. Of course there are outliers just speaking overall progress.

And that’s happened with a bunch of our kids under different S&C regimes. It’s maddening… can’t wrap my head around that.

It seemed under Randy we saw a lot of improvement in strength and speed numbers. Didn’t translate to wins on the field so there’s that but it appeared kids were getting bigger and faster during their time here. Of course there are outliers just speaking overall progress.
The university needs to hire an AD over Athletic Development that controls medical, athletic trainers, and S&C.

Then hire a real S&C coach for football and not a cartoon.
Use your sports science dept to your advantage (some say they finally are, but Dr. Mann left in a hurry)

Do a complete re-eval of your position drills and training, practice periods, etc.
Are you using the most up-to-date methods for developing players?

Advertisement
Back