Taylor turned down $600K to return

I don't know why everyone is in such an uproar about this. Between the "bet on yourself" culture + the fact that the decision makers are immature 18-21 year old kids, bad decisions are to be expected. We're going to continue to see this.

I bet kids are going to try and squeeze more NIL money by leveraging potential NFL contract money with NIL money and I bet kids are likely going to lose out on that negotiation more often than not.

Advertisement
If he would have done decent in workouts, teams might have looked past his faults. The thing is, shouldn’t a player know how he’s going to perform in testing? Don’t they know how many times they can bench 225 and how fast they can run a 40? I can’t imagine Taylor was shocked at how he performed in testing.

If like most, he had a trainer and prepped for the entire process, he would've worked on all the testing events. He also would've worked through interviews, how to handle himself through things, etc. Basically a team to get him ready and they would've athletically had a baseline and know results daily as they worked up towards the draft.

Essentially it's a job at that point with hours of work daily. I don't know what he did or didn't do, but I could hazard a guess. It's a shame too as he knows he could've done much better. I'm not going to berate him for it as that's his life to live.

You guys aren't factoring in that sometimes players just don't wanna stay & are ready to move on.

People always get beside themselves when players leave early, but the reality is, you shouldn't want any player that doesn't want to stick around to come back for another year. All they end up doing is driving the locker room down. And tbh, there's nothing that can happen that will change the trajectory of the outcome. If he wound up as an UDFA after his Junior season, the reasons that lead to that happening will still be there his Senior season.

If he's got bad work ethic as a Junior, he's gonna have it as a Senior. If he takes plays off as a Junior, he's gonna take plays off as a Senior. If he's fat & lazy as a Junior... You get the gist.

The guys who leave early are doing exactly what they're supposed to do.

Of course but it seems to happen quite a bit here more than other schools. That's a problem.

The kid heard 1st round since last year. Then he slowly but surely evaporated from round 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 projections. Bad decision in the NIL era. Stay as long as you can and then get drafted.

“He ain’t me. That won’t happen to me”

Dumbass kids
Player: I'm better than him. My agent told me I'd be drafted in the 3rd round.

CFL: With the 7th pick of the 3rd round, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers select Bubba Dumbass from the University of Miami.

Advertisement
He rolled the dice. If he makes the Jets he slightly wins and if he doesn’t he loses big. The NFL minimum is now 795K.

I have to know for certain that Im going top 20 or so to turn that down and maybe i wouldnt unless i know im a top 5 guy. To come back to college? play a sport I love, cmon man for 600k Im staying 100%

Well, I don't know if the 600k is correct or not but I can assure you he was going to make more than the 110k. This comes down to who you trust your head coaches or people from the outside. We've seen year after year the Miami players haven't fully trusted our head coach's opinions on their draft status.
great for the locker room, shows Mario is keeping it a buck still. Other players will see that so when that promise of NIL to return pitch is needed, this is the example

Advertisement

This is the guy he’s citing for those who don’t believe it. And if you don’t, have you not seen the DT market? We’re offering Barrow more than this, by the way.

Especially on the jets he might not even make the team that defense is loaded

I remember when Marcus Forston left early and went undrafted and was on the Patriots for a bit. Every fan had the same reaction, why is he leaving early

Does anyone know who LT’s agency is?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who the **** advises these kids???

Article says Miami offered him $600k to come back this year and he said no, only to be undrafted.

I believe Taylor is one of the kids that got in Mario’s doghouse, missing workouts not practicing hard! This explains his lack of playing time last year! A lot of these kids just didn’t wanna buy In immediately.

I guessed he could have got 300-500K in another thread, either by us or in the portal with some desperate SEC school. Maybe 600k instead reportedly. Either way, EPIC fumbling of the bag, not to mention the talent.

Im personally not mad he's gone. Dont want lazy, poor work ethic guys on the roster anyways even though yes he could have helped us. Go use that money to get one of the MSU guys.

I hope this and all the other ridiculous stories of guys leaving early only to go 5-7th round or UDFA is posted in our locker room somewhere as a lesson for future kids. But its UM, same **** will happen next year. We all know it. Good riddance.

Advertisement
Back