Marcellius Pulliam Portal

But you know better than this brother. #1 do you think Chase Smith is delusional at this point? Do you think he still envisions himself as 100% I'm going to the league? Or maybe he simply is content where he is and trying to get some reps but also enjoying being a coed student at the University of Miami in the nil era? We can't just tell a kid you're cut. Time to pack up. We can spell out for him right and left you ain't getting no reps. But it's still on him to say I'm outta here. Pulliam knows he's good enough to go somewhere and play now and be developed now to work his way through live reps towards the league. With us right now he's the back end of the second unit at best. More likely 3rd team. And by the time this coming class gets here it's going further behind. Realistically speaking neither him or Chase Smith has a future with us. Chase smith though is perfectly fine with that.
I have a lot of respect for this post.

Advertisement
But you know better than this brother. #1 do you think Chase Smith is delusional at this point? Do you think he still envisions himself as 100% I'm going to the league? Or maybe he simply is content where he is and trying to get some reps but also enjoying being a coed student at the University of Miami in the nil era? We can't just tell a kid you're cut. Time to pack up. We can spell out for him right and left you ain't getting no reps. But it's still on him to say I'm outta here. Pulliam knows he's good enough to go somewhere and play now and be developed now to work his way through live reps towards the league. With us right now he's the back end of the second unit at best. More likely 3rd team. And by the time this coming class gets here it's going further behind. Realistically speaking neither him or Chase Smith has a future with us. Chase smith though is perfectly fine with that.

Are we certain Chase is never getting back to his promise? He seemed to be coming along at the end of last season and during Spring camp. Maybe he could be a quality rotational player this season, and take the Alderman role in 2025?

I wager this applies to a couple other players too

Advertisement
It's self explanatory. Dudes that previously saw themselves in a significant role this year are having their reps taken from them in order to build this team at a higher level. Previously we were building the teams through youth for our future. We've seen enough out of what we have to realize this team can win right now with several additions. Past that it's simple collateral damage.

the future is now #GeorgeAllen

If he's that buried in the chart then meh.

If not, why even commit to Miami in the first place if you cant handle being a depth piece for a year and a half.

Yeah, this is a good point. The days of guys like Ken Dangerfield sticking around and being a really good depth piece and special teams player, or Darrel McClover waiting 4/5 years to become a starter, are long gone in college football

I think this is a minority position, and I’m cool with that, but I don’t think Alderman is the the difference between 10 wins and 7. I still think our best path forward is to recruit top 5 classes and add difference makers to fill in holes. We are forcing guys out for short term rentals with marginally more talent imo. Our young guys get no burn and no opportunity to develop. Better win
Agree! The nonsense hype by D$ and Pete on this guy is just too much.

Advertisement
Are we certain Chase is never getting back to his promise? He seemed to be coming along at the end of last season and during Spring camp. Maybe he could be a quality rotational player this season, and take the Alderman role in 2025?
But if he's getting back to his promise or not is virtually irrelevant at this point. He flashed at moments before because he was the only one capable of it. Now we have a lb room we are happy with and we will get a top 3 lb class this cycle. Either of them have been passed up realistically speaking. Who do you wanna see either of them playing in front of? Especially when what we're talking about is developmental reps.

I have a lot of respect for this post.
I was thinking this when this started Chase probably doesn't have an ego and knows what he is. @Brooklyndee wrote it better than I could, I saw this without even knowing what Dee was going to say. You have to think there are athletes like this all over the sport. They are content and there is nothing wrong with that.

But if he's getting back to his promise or not is virtually irrelevant at this point. He flashed at moments before because he was the only one capable of it. Now we have a lb room we are happy with and we will get a top 3 lb class this cycle. Either of them have been passed up realistically speaking. Who do you wanna see either of them playing in front of? Especially when what we're talking about is developmental reps.
Hayes going to be a killer man

Liked him a lot I’d take him over the Louisville transfer in a heartbeat with a staff that would develop him

Based on what?

That's not even a knock on Pulliam

And if you said Aguirre I'd agree…But I'm not sure Pulliam would ever be a starter here. Speed is a question.

Advertisement
I se him as a high beta take. Not a sure thing IMO.
Possible but he has Armbrister and Chase frame with range and mean intentions. I think hes different, we will know this season and if by next spring he doesnt take a leap then u could be right. With these studs you see it early and MC dont got time to be waiting and rightfully so.....Saban usually did his evals like that. If u aint show out early transfer like Burgess Becker, you know when u got a dog as a staff real early you dont have to wait.

Possible but he has Armbrister and Chase frame with range and mean intentions. I think hes different, we will know this season and if by next spring he doesnt take a leap then u could be right. With these studs you see it early and MC dont got time to be waiting and rightfully so.....Saban usually did his evals like that. If u aint show out early transfer like Burgess Becker, you know when u got a dog as a staff real early you dont have to wait.

I agree with your main point which is eval the best you can but stack chips and wash out the guys who don’t excel. People complaining about Pulliam. Guy could be really good but Popo and Pruitt jumped him. That’s Darwinism at work and we need the best of the best to win nattys.

Advertisement
I agree with your main point which is eval the best you can but stack chips and wash out the guys who don’t excel. People complaining about Pulliam. Guy could be really good but Popo and Pruitt jumped him. That’s Darwinism at work and we need the best of the best to win nattys.
Facts

That’s why it’s always best to love the team not fall in love with the players.

Alderman is pretty much going to be Corey Flagg for us this year. He’ll be the first LB sub and will get significant playing time even though Wes is the starter.
Wes had showed nothing TO ME that he should be cemented as a starter.

He looked good in the spring game...but He leaves alot to be desired.

Wes gonnna mess around and be Corey Flagg.,..which isnt a bad thing but a rotational lb.

Wes gonnna mess around and be Corey Flagg.
I'm pleased with our expanison of depth at LB, but I'm still waiting to see who will provide the top end we need.

Wes gonnna mess around and be Corey Flagg.,..which isnt a bad thing but a rotational lb.
Yea if anything I don’t think wes should be starting based off last years games but i trust dnic

Advertisement
Back