Marcellius Pulliam Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Pruitt and Hayes appeared to pass him in the spring and they then added a transfer LB.

Not hard to deduce
I believe he played the middle so it’s a different position to what Pruitt plays. And I don’t believe Hayes past him. I think he has everything to do with waiting and Popo being the better player for this team with them playing pretty much the same spot.

I believe he played the middle so it’s a different position to what Pruitt plays. And I don’t believe Hayes past him. I think he has everything to do with waiting and Popo being the better player for this team with them playing pretty much the same spot.
he has no clue what he’s talking about he’s just naming two LB names he knows lol

Advertisement
Liked him a lot I’d take him over the Louisville transfer in a heartbeat with a staff that would develop him

I'm sure we all would and the staff would, however, who is the better player on 8/31? By going 12-13 the first 2 years, signing these HS classes, and bringing in Cam Ward and several other high-impact transfers, the weight of the world is on 2024. Win now or GTFO, and Mario knows it. So he brought in the Louisville kid because he helps win RIGHT NOW. Pulliam might have helped win now, we don't know. He might have helped win in 2025 or 2026. But we can't get there without winning right now.

If these are the repercussions of brining in kids to help us win this season, so be it. We signed the #7 class in 2023 and the #3 class in 2024. We are allocating major resources to the portal. We *should* be able to field a very competitive roster in 2025, 2026, etc.

But none of that matters if you don't take care of 2024. Everyone around the program knows it. This is our "all-in" year. So I'd have loved to have kept this kid and developed him, but he doesn't impact going "all-in" this season in the least bit.

Win the ACC this year, and we'll be just fine going forward.

Wish this dude the best, but he's not jumping ship just because of a Louisville transfer. I don't know the circumstances, but either he was told he's not playing much this year or he can see writing on the wall.

he has no clue what he’s talking about he’s just naming two LB names he knows lol
You asked the rhetorical question and I answered for you. If you knew at all what you were talking about, you would recognize that Guidry plays multiple LB formations, so it's moot as far as who plays the middle vs. outside

Advertisement
Don't like pushing out promising young players and keeping Chase Smith around if it was one or the other. If this was strictly tied to Alderman... then I don't care. I liked that addition.
You can't have it both ways though. Smith has battled injuries and seemed to finally be coming on this spring now that he's healthy. Isn't the goal to play the best players?

You can't have it both ways though. Smith has battled injuries and seemed to finally be coming on this spring now that he's healthy. Isn't the goal to play the best players?
I don't want it both ways. Pulliam is better right now, better in the future, and a better track record of health than Chase Smith. If it had nothing to do with choosing one or the other and it was tied to Alderman... then this is what it is.

I'm afraid it has too much to do with Chase Smith being a legacy. There are several older guys that need to get the boot before these younger guys. I think we're all on the same page there.

Could have nothing to do with it and he was bolting regardless. He does play the same spot as Popo and it's clear he is the heir to the Mike spot next year.

Advertisement
Back