Witchita State is a scary team

Advertisement
WSU fans pretty confident

Here's the deal. You sow the Hurricane, you will reap the Shocker Whirlwind. The Miami Coach will bring an extra shirt because it is not good for the Shocks Defense to see you sweat. A moment of silence and thanks for the Selection Committee seeding us 11th. While our beloved Shocks may not know the history of that number, we here on SN speak of it to this very day. Furthermore, it only brings more attention to our Program. The skeptics are hushing up now. Baker is telling the world we are having fun and equates this team to our Final 4 Season.

I predict that FVV will be told to keep up the great leadership so he don't have to go under the needle for stitches but can use the super-glue and top it off with a mountain dew and party size sizzlin, smokin hot cheese dorrittos'. Hats off to our bench still again!!! Which is betta? Winning the Lew or winning now? CF will hit 3-5 treys next game and Nurger will continue to play his role. MM is our Man with a Shocker plan. Hey, Yo, Let's Go Shockers!!!!!!!

Forever Shockers--Shockers Forever--70

Welcome to Miami----------------------59

Note to self: Miami struggled all game long with 14 seeded, #90 Buffalo.

Miami will have to play their best game of the year if they want to have a chance against this group of SHOCKERS.

Well, the way I look at it, Miami is about the same quality offensive team as Az but may not be as good defensively. I think we win by double digits.

Not knocking Miami, however, in conference, they only played North Carolina, Louisville, and Duke once. Lost to NC on the road by 25 and had the benefit of playing Louisville and Duke at home, winning both games. Played Virginia 3 times, counting ACC tourney, going 1-2.

As I said, not a knock, as all these teams are high quality, but it's not a reach to think they would have gone 3-6 if they had played all these teams at least twice.

WSU 64
Miami 47

Four Miami starters played over 30 minutes against Buffalo and they really only went 6 deep. They survived because they shot and made a lot of FTs. I got a good feeling about this one.

Shocks 64, Canes 56

Shox win. 68-55.

WSU fans pretty confident

Here's the deal. You sow the Hurricane, you will reap the Shocker Whirlwind. The Miami Coach will bring an extra shirt because it is not good for the Shocks Defense to see you sweat. A moment of silence and thanks for the Selection Committee seeding us 11th. While our beloved Shocks may not know the history of that number, we here on SN speak of it to this very day. Furthermore, it only brings more attention to our Program. The skeptics are hushing up now. Baker is telling the world we are having fun and equates this team to our Final 4 Season.

I predict that FVV will be told to keep up the great leadership so he don't have to go under the needle for stitches but can use the super-glue and top it off with a mountain dew and party size sizzlin, smokin hot cheese dorrittos'. Hats off to our bench still again!!! Which is betta? Winning the Lew or winning now? CF will hit 3-5 treys next game and Nurger will continue to play his role. MM is our Man with a Shocker plan. Hey, Yo, Let's Go Shockers!!!!!!!

Forever Shockers--Shockers Forever--70

Welcome to Miami----------------------59

Note to self: Miami struggled all game long with 14 seeded, #90 Buffalo.

Miami will have to play their best game of the year if they want to have a chance against this group of SHOCKERS.

Well, the way I look at it, Miami is about the same quality offensive team as Az but may not be as good defensively. I think we win by double digits.

Not knocking Miami, however, in conference, they only played North Carolina, Louisville, and Duke once. Lost to NC on the road by 25 and had the benefit of playing Louisville and Duke at home, winning both games. Played Virginia 3 times, counting ACC tourney, going 1-2.

As I said, not a knock, as all these teams are high quality, but it's not a reach to think they would have gone 3-6 if they had played all these teams at least twice.

WSU 64
Miami 47

Four Miami starters played over 30 minutes against Buffalo and they really only went 6 deep. They survived because they shot and made a lot of FTs. I got a good feeling about this one.

Shocks 64, Canes 56

Shox win. 68-55.

uwink_medium.gif

Advertisement
As someone who has actually seen WSU play outside of the Arizona game, here's an informed take:

-They are a tough matchup for us, because they have quick, undersized bigs, the type of guys Jekiri struggles against. They also play D on every possession and don't turn the ball over.

-That being said, we have a huge talent advantage. Van Vleet is the only player on their team who would start for us (if you want to somehow argue Baker would start over McClellan, seek mental help).

-If both teams play their best, we win and win comfortably. They are more consistent than us though, so it's really hard to predict how this game will turn out.

-Arizona sucks. the entire PAC12 sucks, as this tournament has shown. If WSU thinks they are playing Arizona part II on Saturday, they are in for a real surprise.

-We will win. This team is angry and is ****ed the national media (and half of Canes fans), has this weird adulation for WSU. Should WSU be an 11-seed, no. Are they as good as UNC, VA, Louisville, Duke - **** no.

Advertisement
If the Canes show up and play even at 85% of their potential, they'll win. If they play like they did the last 4 games, season is over. It's that simple. They need to avoid stupid turnovers and get offensive rebounds.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back