Witchita State is a scary team

MiamiJoe

Sophomore
They are a #3 seed in 11 slot as they are at their healthiest of all season. They were a preseason top 10 in many eyes. I would much rather play an Arizone team if we get by Buffalo which we should easily.

Advertisement
They are a #3 seed in 11 slot as they are at their healthiest of all season. They were a preseason top 10 in many eyes. I would much rather play an Arizone team if we get by Buffalo which we should easily.

Don't be scared... Coach L got this...

I have all the faith in Coach L just pointing out how tough our road is. I thought it a genius move to have Dr. Rotella talk to the team.

They are not a #3 seed slotted into a #11 seed. Yes, they were preseason #10 , but started the season 2-4. To be fair, 3 of those losses were to NCAAT teams (USC, Tulsa, Iowa...the other was to Alabama). They also beat Utah. Another OOC loss was to Seton Hall. They went 16-2 in their league to finish 23-7. They then went 1-1 in their tourney to finish 24-8, getting knocked out by 22-11 Northern Iowa. Their RPI is 49. Their BPI is 25. If they would have won their conference tourney, they would have been an 8 or 9 seed. They're good, and they can beat us, but this isn't the WSU from 2 or 3 years ago.

Witchita State started the season 2-4 because of serious injuries including one of their best players being out. They lost those games close to eventual tourney teams. Without the injuries they probably pick up a couple key wins and are slotted as at least a 5/6 seed. I'm very scared of this team, but Arizona is no cake walk.

Advertisement
Really, you down vote me for my opinion? Ok. Lunardi's last bracketology before conference tourney's had WSU as a 8 seed trending down. I just looked it up. Exactly what I said. His predictions after they got knocked out were a 9.

Last edited:
Scared of a team we may not play.

Scared of a team who would be playing their 3rd game in 5 days.

Scared of a team traveling twice before our game.

Scared of a team who will be an underdog.

How about we get "scared" after today?

Really, you down vote me for my opinion? Ok. Lunardi's last bracketology before conference tourney's had WSU as a 8 seed trending down. I just looked it up. Exactly what I said. His predictions after they got knocked out were a 9.

Sorry, wasn't down voting for the opinion, nor was I saying you were factually incorrect on the statements amount lunardi. It was more from your discounting their early season woes by saying a few of their losses were to tourney teams without qualifying it with the serious injury bug they had early in the season. This is a top 25 team who's resume put them on the 11 line

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gonna be a tough game but Miami has beaten better teams than WSU this year. All depends on which Miami shows up. Gotta play better than we did tonight and I think we will.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back