What am I missing?

Happy Love It GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Advertisement
Through six games, Martinez already has the best pass-catching season of his career. Don't overlook this.

I want to see Allen play more and less of Martinez. My personal belief is that Shannon lacks imagination and how to get the ball to our most gifted and speedly backs. His offensive play calling blows and the guy who makes everything happen is CAM THE MAN. With the talent we have Dawson falls woefully short of a successful and imaginative offensive coordinator. Fletcher should be the main featured back and that's very apparent.

Advertisement
1. Martinez is a 2x first team all Pac-12 RB that didn't just forget how to play the position
2. He's getting paid a lot of NIL
3. He arrived over the summer and clearly isn't in sync with the scheme, OL, whatever it is

All of these things can be true at the same time
Best answer so far, IMO…. and here’s somethings else to think about. When Martinez gets the bulk of his carries, teams are loading the box trying to stop the run. By the 2nd or 3rd drive Cam has established the passing game, so now they gotta move the 8th and sometimes the 7th guy out of the box to try and slow down Restrepo and crew….. and Martinez is a big back that gets a ton of goal line and short yardage opportunities which skews his avg. per carry numbers.

Personally I love the way we've run our guys, with my only issue being that I want Fletcher to get more carries in general. But I like how we've used all of them. But the good thing aobut stats is that you can spin them however you want:

- Allen has almost all his yards in one game and mostly one carry vs Ball State where he went 7 for 104 yards.
- Jordan Lyle got all his yards also vs Ball State and USF where we won by like a combined 100pts. In the last two he has 4 carries for 6 yards.
- Damien got 3 carries vs Ball State where everyone padded their stats cause they were terrible. His most carries are against Cal and Vtech. He also has 130 yards receiving which count and he is good blocking which is important in our sytem.

Overall, i think we've done a good job keeping them all engaged. I want Flectcher to run more but also, every time i see Allen I like him also. But Martinez runs tough, doesn't fumble and he catches the ball well. Glad we got different guys to go to.
Ajay Allen is our best running back. Fletcher is you best all around back in my opinion. Damien is very good. I think he just waits entirely too long to find the open seam to run. Sometimes that can bite you in the *** instead of taking the best option first.

Advertisement
I want to see Allen play more and less of Martinez. My personal belief is that Shannon lacks imagination and how to get the ball to our most gifted and speedly backs. His offensive play calling blows and the guy who makes everything happen is CAM THE MAN. With the talent we have Dawson falls woefully short of a successful and imaginative offensive coordinator. Fletcher should be the main featured back and that's very apparent.
I want to see you poRst less. My personal belief is that your a gaytor or semenhole fan. You poRsting is trash and the guy who makes everything happen is @Empirical Cane. With your lack of talent you should continue to poRst less.

We need all these guys-

Fletcher, is emerging he’s our best back when it’s all said and done-

Martinez, had done some good things -Cam has been so dynamic in the pass offense-

Sometimes you have to keep riding his talents-

One of these backs is going to have a big game-

This Saturday would be a perfect time.

Are these numbers FBS vs FBS? Also consider some numbers inflated when we played second stringers early in the year.
One criticism though is Martinez is a downhill runner who is misused in the shotgun as a runner
This is the truth. He is a bad fit for us and our running game. He can's get started out of the gun like smaller/faster guys can.

Lol holy **** are you kidding me? He’d be number 1 with all his fumbling issues?
Yes

I know Smith's fumbles may look bad on paper, but he's been credited with fumbles that weren't his.

Plus fumbles are overrated. Example:

- Bhayshul Tuten @VT ran for 266 yds & 3 TD's tonight.
- He had 1 fumble tonight. It's his 4th fumble this year. He had 5 fumbles last year.

You play your playmakers & live with some mistakes (like Cam Ward's 4 turnovers the last 2 games)

And Brashard Smith is much more of a playmaker than our current RB's.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back