WF 1/23 at Noon

"Miami missed 11 layups and two dunks"

From ESPN

That's not coaching

I am the first to admit that we have been playing bad since Princeton, but the above stat explains the last game.

We're not talking about missing 13 3s or outside shots, we're talking about high percentage shots around the rim. We left 26 points around the rim against WF. We shot 36% and still scored 77 points.

We need to come out fast against Duke, keep the energy up the first half.

Advertisement
I am probably going to get blasted for this... But it is unrealistic to expect a blowout every time that they take the court against teams that we feel are inferior. We all know that the ACC is a grind...probably the best conference in the country, top to bottom and all these teams come ready to play. All that matters is taking it one game at a time and getting the win.

Did anyone see the the Louisville/Ga Tech game yesterday? UM is going to have a difficult time with both of those teams.

Duke won it all last year and UM blew them out at home...

Last edited:
I am probably going to get blasted for this... But it is unrealistic to expect a blowout every time that they take the court against teams that we feel are inferior. We all know that the ACC is a grind...probably the best conference in the country, top to bottom and all these teams come ready to play. All that matters is taking it one game at a time and getting the win.

Did anyone see the the Louisville/Ga Tech game yesterday? UM is going to have a difficult time with both of those teams.

I don't think rational people expect a blow out week to week. In fact name one poster that does.

I think rational people expect to be playing better with the talent we have this year. I think these people saw a team playing on a much higher level against quality opponents (away from Miami). I don't think we should always play every minute of every game at this level, but we clearly have been a different team since Princeton. That Clemson game was atrocious. The way we played at BC was pretty bad too.

The one thing that is most troubling to me is the energy. With the amount of depth and athletes we have; we really should be running more. There were clear signs of improvement [energy] against Wake Forest. I hope against Duke, a team with no depth and is traveling again, we take it to the next level.

The bottom line is just keep winning.

CZfmNzfWkAAPsrz.webp

Advertisement
WOW We can always count you NotSince1985 to show perfect examples of the lack of effort other posters refer to ROFLMAO

You are correct about them not blowing everyone out, just like yesterday. They didn't blow WF out because they missed a bunch of easy shots, but they won because they played with much more energy then what we have been accostomed to seeing in recent games.

Larranaga has some attitudes that he is dealing with and quite frankly you can see that with the pregame footage that they showed during the WF game. Playing the song "Happy" and dancing along to it, talking about pointing out a good pass or a good shot, and having guys cheering from the bench.

Last edited:

You are correct about them not blowing everyone out, just like yesterday. They didn't blow WF out because they missed a bunch of easy shots, but they won because they played with much more energy then what we have been accostomed to seeing in recent games.

Larranaga has some attitudes that he is dealing with and quite frankly you can see that with the pregame footage that they showed during the WF game. Playing the song "Happy" and dancing along to it, talking about pointing out a good pass or a good shot, and having guys cheering from the bench.

It just seems that I read through these threads, usually after the game, and I read comment after comment about how this is another NIT team, or that they are a bunch of underachievers, or that they are overrated because a team like Boston College managed to keep the game close for 35 minutes. A win is a win. The Wake Forest game is one that they would've lost with last year (as they did) and they still managed to win by 14 in going away fashion even though they left something like 30 points on the court.

Advertisement
Back