WF 1/23 at Noon

This team has a bad habit of playing to the level of their competition, poor leadership Angel/Sheldon.

Advertisement
The energy is better today, the layups and gimmies aren't going down. We had to miss at least 6 easy shots around the rim.

canes up 67-54. Maybe as bad as we have been shooting especially around the rim, we will bust out against duke on monday. Lets hope!

canes up 67-54. Maybe as bad as we have been shooting especially around the rim, we will bust out against duke on monday. Lets hope!

Lets hope Angel has been saving everything for that game. Either way it'll be Sheldon and Newton carrying us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Finding out that Murphy's offensive game is very limited. James Palmer gave us a boost in the first half. Sheldon and Reed could not finish today but Sheldon was able to get to the line 8 times. We are due for an offensive breakout game, hopefully it is on Monday night.

Coach L not happy with the students:

"Where were our students today? Sleeping in?" Larranaga asked.

Well yeah, the product is degrading and they'll jump on the next best thing. Not placing blame on anyone, just sayin' ... casual fans follow winners and we just don't look that way so far this season. (Note see fans at SLS).

Advertisement
It isnt even a beach day today. Welcome to Miami Coach L. Mark Richt will face the same problem.

Well yeah, the product is degrading and they'll jump on the next best thing. Not placing blame on anyone, just sayin' ... casual fans follow winners and we just don't look that way so far this season. (Note see fans at SLS).

Umm....they are winning. They're 15-3, 4-2 in the ACC and are ranked #14 in the nation (will be higher on Monday). So now we're making excuses for bandwagon fans, saying they'll only follow winning pretty?

Umm....they are winning. They're 15-3, 4-2 in the ACC and are ranked #14 in the nation (will be higher on Monday). So now we're making excuses for bandwagon fans, saying they'll only follow winning pretty?
Don't necessarily disagree with you, but let's face it - WF doesn't win away, and gave us a decent game today. We look middle of the road, team needs to get their MOJO back. Lots of entertainment competition in the 305, having an on campus court is a big plus The students and ticket holders tha don't realize they can be the 6th man. A very long time ago when I was a student I tarely missed a home game inclding those ar the OB, DK, or LF.

Advertisement

Don't necessarily disagree with you, but let's face it - WF doesn't win away, and gave us a decent game today. We look middle of the road, team needs to get their MOJO back. Lots of entertainment competition in the 305, having an on campus court is a big plus The students and ticket holders tha don't realize they can be the 6th man. A very long time ago when I was a student I tarely missed a home game inclding those ar the OB, DK, or LF.

Our arena seats 8,000. Our student section is what? 1,000? I don't care what else there is to do in South Florida, and I don't care who they're playing in the ACC, and I don't care how bad they've looked lately, this is still a top 15 team. I've been a Miami fan since I could walk, and I'm 36 now, so I know Miami's problems with fans, but this team deserves better.

I love Coach L, and the place should be packed game in and game out, but right now no amount noise will help reduce stupid decisions with the ball.

Better focus on getting MUCH better and less selfish before Monday or there will be a packed house of very loud but disappointed fans.

I love Coach L, and the place should be packed game in and game out, but right now no amount noise will help reduce stupid decisions with the ball.

Better focus on getting MUCH better and less selfish before Monday or there will be a packed house of very loud but disappointed fans.

Today was a weird game. I don't think it was the poor decisions as much as terrible execution. I don't have an exact number, but how many lay-ups/dunks/open looks within 2 feet of the basket did we miss? I don't think a lay-up has anything to do with poor decision making as much as failure to execute.

My guess is if we hit half of those, we would have had a 15-20 point lead all game and won by 20+.

The energy was better today but the shots didn't go down. There was some sloppy play and plenty of room for improvement but the shooting was so off...we scored 77 points and shot 36% from FG. On the season we shoot 48.6% FG. Good thing we hit 24-28 from the FT line. Scoring 77 points on 36% is weird.

Reed 1-10, Murphy 2-9 and McClellan 3-10...combined 6-29.

We really need to keep the energy up, especially on Monday against Duke.

Advertisement
Back