Week 6 Rankings - AP #17, Coaches #17

I assessed your post appropriately the first time I saw it. You claim that we have saw enough in 3 games to make stance that we belong. I read it again and again and still came to the conclusion that, though we look good in every outing, you need to honestly consider who have beaten. Polls come out too early, gets ppl all hyped, then we get into the meat of the schedule and **** gets real. You find out you really don't belong, bcuz you set yourself up for disappointment when you evaluated your team after 3/4 games against inferior teams. Then again; you can prove to the doubters or those that just want to see it play out (like myself) that you're the real deal. Conference play and rival games tell you more about your team than early season scrimmages.
Same thing for every team every season. Ohio Miami and A&M were not scrimmages. We looked like shyyt Southern Miss and A&M last year and we were shyyt. This year its the opposite. And being good its not just about your opponent, its about your execution even against air. We good. Im fine whereever they rank us but we are a good team. 20 years of failure cant blind people.

Advertisement
They apparently travelled back in time and beat last year’s TCU team. Too much bias in that poll and not enough eye test.

We control our destiny so **** em and win.
Baby Steps,.. we about to take some big boy steps, but can’t/won’t get ahead of ourselves. Mario keeping a Cap on that ****. Keeping these kids real and in real time. One game, one team, one win at a time🙌🏽Go Canes# MARIOISTHEWAY# CANESNATIONLIFER

We were 5-7 last yr in horrid fashion. Now we’re in the Top 25 w/ a solid non-conference win against a SEC foe. All we have to do is worry about us; this fan base have become overtly obsessed on what others do. “All About The U” means FCK EVERYBODY AND ANYTHING ELSE BUT US.

-FSU will either sink or swim next week.
-CU will either sink or swim next week
-Oregon will either sink or swim next week
-Bama will either sink or swim next week
-Ole **** will either sink or swim next week
-Utah will either sink or swim next week

Meanwhile, unless we turn back to clock to 2022, we will beat the brakes off of Temple & will still move up b/c teams ahead of us have some ‘splanin to do w/ next week.

Just enjoy the ride & let’s take care of biz one week at a time. The pundits r still weary of us, & folks don’t, too, much believe in TAMU which is y they were ranked 23rd, & I can guarantee that 23rd ranking was based upon them being in The SEC. It’s up to us to answer the call, not bytch every time a new poll comes out.
This X1000. Winning does two things. It's shuts the mouths of doubters and said team(Miami) gains respect.

Advertisement
It will all balance out. We'll see where CU ends up after the next few weeks
Sorry old buck... but lemme show you the new reality of the coaches poll:

> Did you beat the spread against a bad Col St team? +10 spots
No? > Did you play decent but not beat the spread against a team that committed 87 penalties? +4 spots
No?> Did you sell a bunch of sunglasses? +2 spots

Last edited:
We were 5-7 last yr in horrid fashion. Now we’re in the Top 25 w/ a solid non-conference win against a SEC foe. All we have to do is worry about us; this fan base have become overtly obsessed on what others do. “All About The U” means FCK EVERYBODY AND ANYTHING ELSE BUT US.

-FSU will either sink or swim next week.
-CU will either sink or swim next week
-Oregon will either sink or swim next week
-Bama will either sink or swim next week
-Ole **** will either sink or swim next week
-Utah will either sink or swim next week

Meanwhile, unless we turn back to clock to 2022, we will beat the brakes off of Temple & will still move up b/c teams ahead of us have some ‘splanin to do w/ next week.

Just enjoy the ride & let’s take care of biz one week at a time. The pundits r still weary of us, & folks don’t, too, much believe in TAMU which is y they were ranked 23rd, & I can guarantee that 23rd ranking was based upon them being in The SEC. It’s up to us to answer the call, not bytch every time a new poll comes out.
Nobody should ***** at polls this time of year, instead just laugh at them.

1.2mil in merch sales speaks for itself lol.

Advertisement
I’ll take the consolation prize of it being considered that much more impressive when we whoop them in their **** hole stadium
If FSU plays like they did at BC they will lose next week at Clemson. Good chance they will be a lot lower in ranking by the time we face them.

Advertisement
Same thing for every team every season. Ohio Miami and A&M were not scrimmages. We looked like shyyt Southern Miss and A&M last year and we were shyyt. This year its the opposite. And being good its not just about your opponent, its about your execution even against air. We good. Im fine whereever they rank us but we are a good team. 20 years of failure cant blind people.
Not a fair comparison of what we did against teams from last yr vs. what we're doing this yr; teams lose their best players to the draft or the portal (so they are not the same). Yes, we have looked good, so far. But who you are competing against does matter. Execution can look great against inferior coaching and talent, then you start feeling yourself and get punched in the mouth. Now you disappointed cuz you thought you were better than you really are. After 20 yrs, I'm just enjoying the ride and hoping for the best. We're trending up but I wouldn't say we belong until we get into the meat and bones of the schedule.

I assessed your post appropriately the first time I saw it. You claim that we have saw enough in 3 games to make stance that we belong. I read it again and again and still came to the conclusion that, though we look good in every outing, you need to honestly consider who have beaten. Polls come out too early, gets ppl all hyped, then we get into the meat of the schedule and **** gets real. You find out you really don't belong, bcuz you set yourself up for disappointment when you evaluated your team after 3/4 games against inferior teams. Then again; you can prove to the doubters or those that just want to see it play out (like myself) that you're the real deal. Conference play and rival games tell you more about your team than early season scrimmages.
But the point is the polls rankings are relative to other teams, which should be ranked on the same standards and basis that we are. Multiple teams ahead of us have proven less but are given higher rankings.

Advertisement
Not a fair comparison of what we did against teams from last yr vs. what we're doing this yr; teams lose their best players to the draft or the portal (so they are not the same). Yes, we have looked good, so far. But who you are competing against does matter. Execution can look great against inferior coaching and talent, then you start feeling yourself and get punched in the mouth. Now you disappointed cuz you thought you were better than you really are. After 20 yrs, I'm just enjoying the ride and hoping for the best. We're trending up but I wouldn't say we belong until we get into the meat and bones of the schedule.
That argument is valid only if you agree then that no team "belongs" at this point.

Sorry old buck... but lemme show you the new reality of the coaches poll:

> Did you beat the spread against a bad Col St team? +10 spots
No? > Did you play decent but not beat the spread against a team that committed 87 penalties? +4 spots
No?> Did you sell a bunch of sunglasses? +2 spots
But the point is the polls rankings are relative to other teams, which should be ranked on the same standards and basis that we are. Multiple teams ahead of us have proven less but are given higher rankings.
But why should we care this early. We just need to handle our business week to week

Advertisement
Back