Week 6 Rankings - AP #17, Coaches #17

Advertisement
Miami doesn’t deserve any benefit of the doubt. We have sucked for 2 decades. Need to string together multiple wins against T25 teams before I start scrutinizing our “ranking.” One win versus TAMU doesn’t mean ****.
Sucking for two decades means nothing THIS year. Two of the best teams I have seen are us and Texas A&M. A&M looked much better against a one dimensional Auburn than the so called #1 Georgia. So they lost to us? Big deal. We have looked absolutely dominant in every game we have played. Not exactly murderer's row of a schedule, but we have looked dominant every week. Including against the team that has looked dominant every week, other than when they played us.

If u have eyes…. ND, bama, Tenn, LSU are a joke to be ranked so high
Texas A&M can go from out of the top 25 to being a top 12 team in 2 weeks and help propel us to the top ten. Texas A&M plays Alabama and Tennessee next. They need to win and we need handle business on our front.

looks like we're high as #11 and low as #22

1696209778097.png

Advertisement
Texas A&M can go from out of the top 25 to being a top 12 team in 2 weeks and help propel us to the top ten. Texas A&M plays Alabama and Tennessee next. They need to win and we need handle business on our front.
A&M wins those games and we win ours and the voters will put them above us because SEC, SEC, SEC

A&M wins those games and we win ours and the voters will put them above us because SEC, SEC, SEC
Usually I would agree with you but even the media is acknowledging the SEC's weakness this year. Only one SEC team, UGA, in the top 10. Bama at 11. Next SEC team, Ole Miss at 16.

Win the next three games and Canes are in the top ten. Lose one of the next three games and every voter will say, same old Miami.

What will really make people lose it is if A&M beats Bama you know they will jump Maimi.
People won’t say that. The next 3 is gt which they should win. Then it’s unc and clemson. If Miami goes 1-1 in those nobody is going to say same ol miami especially if they don’t get blown out by either

Advertisement
People won’t say that. The next 3 is gt which they should win. Then it’s unc and clemson. If Miami goes 1-1 in those nobody is going to say same ol miami especially if they don’t get blown out by either
[BGCOLOR=initial] [/BGCOLOR]I still think they will. There is a reason we are still outside the top 15 with teams jumping us. The voters have no faith in Miami yet.

I think UNC is the only win they will consider quality. Miami will move into the top ten with three wins but that is only because other teams will be losing. Lose to GT and it's virtually over. Beating Clem gets no credit but lose to them and it's the same loss of faith.

I don't expect playoffs this year. But I expect to be in contention for the ACC down the stretch. Win 9+ games, a bowl game and finish this class strong and I'd happy. Build this thing right!

[BGCOLOR=initial] [/BGCOLOR]I still think they will. There is a reason we are still outside the top 15 with teams jumping us. The voters have no faith in Miami yet.

I think UNC is the only win they will consider quality. Miami will move into the top ten with three wins but that is only because other teams will be losing. Lose to GT and it's virtually over. Beating Clem gets no credit but lose to them and it's the same loss of faith.
A&M wins the next two week it will be impossible to not view A&M as a quality win. UNC and Clemson will be viewed as quality wins.

A&M wins the next two week it will be impossible to not view A&M as a quality win. UNC and Clemson will be viewed as quality wins.
I think you may be giving their objectivity too much credit. A&M winning helps A&M. A&M winning will jump Miami. One loss to Miami sinks them back to somewhere near 20.

I don't think Clemson is not a quality win unless we beat UNC. We lose to UNC and it won't matter if we beat an unranked Clemson by 50. Beat UNC, then Clem will be more proof positive but really does nothing for us. Though, blowing out all these teams is different.

Advertisement
I don't expect playoffs this year. But I expect to be in contention for the ACC down the stretch. Win 9+ games, a bowl game and finish this class strong and I'd happy. Build this thing right!
You can tell that people are starting to think we are going to win out.

I'm people.

These polls are garbage. There's still so much speculation based on last year and the preseason polls. Although UGA and FSU are good teams, clearly they and others are not as advertised for 2023. Nobody looks like a dominant team except maybe Oregon and Texas.

The FPI is a better metric. It's not drunk on UGA and FSU kool-aide, but I do disagree with Ohio State as #1. UGA is #6 and FSU is #10 in the FPI. Meanwhile, Miami is pretty consistent at #15 in the FPI.

Advertisement
1 loss Ole Miss and Oregon St jumping us after wins vs LSU (who had already lost this year) and Utah (without their QB), when neither of those wins is better than our win vs A&M and they have losses to a mediocre Alabama team and Washington St, is a big crock of horseshìt.

At the end of the day, if we win out and win the ACC, we'll be in the CFP. That's good enough for me. And we have a better chance than people realize, especially if the team stays healthy and focuses on one game at a time.

These polls are garbage. There's still so much speculation based on last year and the preseason polls. Although UGA and FSU are good teams, clearly they and others are not as advertised for 2023. Nobody looks like a dominant team except maybe Oregon and Texas.

The FPI is a better metric. It's not drunk on UGA and FSU kool-aide, but I do disagree with Ohio State as #1. UGA is #6 and FSU is #10 in the FPI. Meanwhile, Miami is pretty consistent at #15 in the FPI.
The win against ND impressed a lot of people, as it was at South Bend.

Our ranking is about where it should be. A good, quality win against a good team (AtoM) and beatdowns against three Nun's schools. If we start ripping through our ACC schedule with wins in the runup to F$U, we'll move up.

Still flying under the radar. Out of all the undefeated teams left it seems like we're being left out of most discussions. Which is fine. We have plenty of opportunity to move up.

That's right. We handle our business, and win, we will rise. If we are undefeated after Clemson, I expect us to be top 10, maybe higher.

Advertisement
Back