"We aint got no money "

it doesn't matter if they raised 20 billion if the donations are specifically targeted towards say Arts and Science or Business or Med or Law, etc. we need more athletics only gifts or football only gifts to make up that goal so we can use it towards salaries, budgets, etc.
We have the worlds best fund raiser ,and 123,000 wealthy people who love the university… hmmm…. I think I’m starting to see a plan.

BTW.. the university doesn’t allow gifts to earmarked anymore. At least that was the case couple years ago .

Advertisement
Earmarks. Earmarks. EARMARKS.

Nevermind the fact that Miami, nor any other school worth a **** will NEVER take money from the endowment to subsidize athletics. Go look at which departments got the bulk of the funds from the Momentum campaigns. The med school got a ton. Guess what? You aren't taking money from them to fund football. Not happening, you would get sued in a heartbeat by the donors that donated those funds for that purpose.
Dude.. I’m not suggesting money from the M campaigns be used, snd I certainly don’t think endowment money be used.

I’m talking about getting the worlds best fundraiser together with the 123,000 people who raised over billion dollars.

We have the worlds best fund raiser ,and 123,000 wealthy people who love the university… hmmm…. I think I’m starting to see a plan.

BTW.. the university doesn’t allow gifts to earmarked anymore. At least that was the case couple years ago .
That is not true. I earmark my donations yearly. Now, they want more people to donate to the President's Initiatives fund, but if a donor wants to donate to a particular cause, they can.

If they want to be the Harvard if the south I guess they also want a Harvard type football team.
But some of the highest rated medical schools also have some pretty good football teams.

Advertisement

Every alum isn't wealthy and every alum doesn't want to donate. That's the funny part, our fanbase is cheap as **** and wants the alumni to carry their asses, despite being outnumbered by peer institutions 3-1 in a lot of cases. Even if every single living alumni donated, we would STILL get swamped by 1/2 of Alabama's alumni base giving the same amount that's not even including all the Gumps that never attended the institution chipping in.

Compared to Clemson's $76.3 million (2021)? Or even a 6-year average of $60 million per annum?

Yeah, $11 million is pretty fvckin' low.

Our OPERATING deficit to Clemson may be $4 million per year, but our FUND-RAISING deficit is at least $50 million...PER YEAR.

At the end of the day, Baga has 20000 more students than Miami. At the end of the same day, out endowment is over $200 million MORE than Baga's.

The issue has NEVER been about HAVING money but about HOW you want to allocate it.

Say this about folks from North Florida and Alabama and Georgia and Louisiana and South Carolina and so on.

Come **** or high water, football is gonna be prioritized over everything else.

Been that way in this part of the country my whole life and ain't never gonna change

College Football GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Every alum isn't wealthy and every alum doesn't want to donate. That's the funny part, our fanbase is cheap as **** and wants the alumni to carry their asses, despite being outnumbered by peer institutions 3-1 in a lot of cases. Even if every single living alumni donated, we would STILL get swamped by 1/2 of Alabama's alumni base giving the same amount that's not even including all the Gumps that never attended the institution chipping in.
123,000 donated to the M2, that’s where the number came from

123,000 donated to the M2, that’s where the number came from
That's 123,000 of varying donations. Some people write a 50 dollar check, some put in 100 million. Amazing than a fanbase that whined like a pig stuck under a gate about required donations to the Hurricane Club would then act like the school is cheaping out just because.

Miami isn't getting bang for their buck(Hence why Blake James and Manny have to go), but let's stop acting like there's some bottomless well of cash for the athletic department that the school is sitting on.

Advertisement
Say this about folks from North Florida and Alabama and Georgia and Louisiana and South Carolina and so on.

Come **** or high water, football is gonna be prioritized over everything else.

Been that way in this part of the country my whole life and ain't never gonna change

College Football GIF by Miami Hurricanes
That is true. That said, it's a stupid way to be. I grew up in Texas, my HS OC made more than some long tenured math teachers, and all he did was coach football and baseball. He didn't even teach a gym class.

That's 123,000 of varying donations. Some people write a 50 dollar check, some put in 100 million. Amazing than a fanbase that whined like a pig stuck under a gate about required donations to the Hurricane Club would then act like the school is cheaping out just because.

Miami isn't getting bang for their buck(Hence why Blake James and Manny have to go), but let's stop acting like there's some bottomless well of cash for the athletic department that the school is sitting on.
Exactly! $50 is the number!

If our ace fund raiser can just get $50 from each one of them, we’ll be able to put together an ace staff.

That is true. That said, it's a stupid way to be. I grew up in Texas, my HS OC made more than some long tenured math teachers, and all he did was coach football and baseball. He didn't even teach a gym class.
When folks were trying to replace Mississippi's state flag with the confederate symbol but didn't have the votes, they waited until the last minute to play the one card that could change minds.

The head football coaches and players from the D-I schools in Mississippi were brought to the state capitol in Jackson. Those coaches and players told those rednecks and good ol' boys in the legislature that keeping the flag would kill recruiting and the football programs would be doomed to fail.

That's all it took.

That racist flag was voted out by the end of the week.

Last edited:
Do Bama uga and the other frontrunners allow for football only contributions? Is that allowed under the ncaa?
Cause if that was the case here I’d donate more than just my season tickets and I’m sure other would to.

Advertisement
The fan base is cheap rhetoric…Maybe, but you guys expect people to donate to Blake? 🤣 hahaha…People will turn up when there is a reason to imo. As of now it’s been too long for anyone to believe in or donate to this admin.

Bro, do u know y they’ve raised over $360m during a 6 yr period? I’ll let u take a guess.

Yeah I know, but that’s not the point of this thread. OP painted it as both programs basically being on equal footing financially today yet Clemson plays Dabo $9 million while we only pay $4 million or less.

That couldn’t be farther from the truth. They probably have double or more,

Advertisement

I earmark every donation I make yearly

The fan base is cheap rhetoric…Maybe, but you guys expect people to donate to Blake? 🤣 hahaha…People will turn up when there is a reason to imo. As of now it’s been too long for anyone to believe in or donate to this admin.
Not true. They’ll buy tickets to games but most of the local fsnbase treats It like a pro tea,

Do Bama uga and the other frontrunners allow for football only contributions? Is that allowed under the ncaa?
Cause if that was the case here I’d donate more than just my season tickets and I’m sure other would to.
You can do it here I believe

OP painted it as both programs basically being on equal footing financially today yet Clemson plays Dabo $9 million while we only pay $4 million or less.

That couldn’t be farther from the truth. They probably have double or more,
Long list of schools in the South and elsewhere in the country who'll always have more available re$source$ than we do.

****, Willie Taggart probably would still be our coach if the alternative was paying what it's costing the semenholes to make him go away.

It's the talent level within a 75-mile radius and attractiveness of UM's location to recruits from other places that allow us to compete at the highest level in Division I football IF we hire the right coach.

The "money issues" are what cause us to flounder longer than other traditionally successful programs when we make the wrong hire.

Advertisement
Back