"We aint got no money "

I stopped donations to the school when they :

1. Refused to guarantee that the money I donated would be spent on the football team.
2. Donna hired Shannon and went cheap even though we had made money off of our relatively recent success. Instead of expanding the football footprint she shrank it. I need to see a serious commitment to winning. Not this budget low key hires.

Every year they call and every year I emphasize these two points above. We’ll see who plays chicken first.
you dont have to post the exact figure, but your donations must have been in the higher digits giving they call and ask for donations.

Advertisement
you dont have to post the exact figure, but your donations must have been in the higher digits giving they call and ask for donations.

Trust me, UM has a rock-solid phone list and they call every one of us. As they are printing our diplomas, they are entering our contact information into the fund-raising databases.

Advertisement
UM raised $1.6B between 2012 and 2015. That’s BILLION. Money isn’t an issue, the desire to spend on football is. Worrying about a $5M more for a coaching staff is silly. If they wanted to be competitive they would be.

Trust me, UM has a rock-solid phone list and they call every one of us. As they are printing our diplomas, they are entering our contact information into the fund-raising databases.
I got like 10 UM baseball caps, a half-dozen T-shirts, three hoodies and a G.E.D. certificate buried in the garage somewhere.

What database does that get me on?

2019-2020:

"In an unprecedented year, thanks to the exceptional support of our Hurricane family, the Hurricane Club raised close to $11 million in cash and commitments in 2019-2020. All donations directly supported our annual fund, capital projects and athletic endowment."

FOR THE RECORD, THE CLOSE OF THE HC FISCAL YEAR IS MAY 31. So, you know, just a couple of months after COVID started. And it's not like most of the money comes in during Q4. So enough of this "unprecedented year" bullcrap.

11 million is pretty low

UM raised $1.6B between 2012 and 2015. That’s BILLION. Money isn’t an issue, the desire to spend on football is. Worrying about a $5M more for a coaching staff is silly. If they wanted to be competitive they would be.

the issue is earmarked donations. you icant just spend it on **** if the donations are earmarked towards a specific purpose by the donor. the Leonard miller gift of 55 million goes to the med school as an example.

Advertisement
it doesn't matter if they raised 20 billion if the donations are specifically targeted towards say Arts and Science or Business or Med or Law, etc. we need more athletics only gifts or football only gifts to make up that goal so we can use it towards salaries, budgets, etc.
You needs hundreds, thousands of donors who give hundreds to thousands of dollars to athletics. It can be done; it's being done now for the new lockerrooms, etc. They are looking for larger donations, too.

Advertisement
11 million is pretty low

Compared to Clemson's $76.3 million (2021)? Or even a 6-year average of $60 million per annum?

Yeah, $11 million is pretty fvckin' low.

Our OPERATING deficit to Clemson may be $4 million per year, but our FUND-RAISING deficit is at least $50 million...PER YEAR.

Remind me again how much the IPF cost? In just ONE YEAR, Clemson's IPTAY surplus could have built Miami's IPF. Think about that ****e. Every single year, Clemson out-fund-raises us by at least one IPF.

Ohhh, but we should keep Beta Blake because he's such a goooooood fund-raiser...

Advertisement
Compared to Clemson's $76.3 million (2021)? Or even a 6-year average of $60 million per annum?

Yeah, $11 million is pretty fvckin' low.

Our OPERATING deficit to Clemson may be $4 million per year, but our FUND-RAISING deficit is at least $50 million...PER YEAR.

Remind me again how much the IPF cost? In just ONE YEAR, Clemson's IPTAY surplus could have built Miami's IPF. Think about that ****e. Every single year, Clemson out-fund-raises us by at least one IPF.

Ohhh, but we should keep Beta Blake because he's such a goooooood fund-raiser...
Blake sucks for sure

Blake sucks for sure

I don't see how it ever got to this point.

You've got a UM alum (MBA) running an Athletic Department that inspires alums/boosters to raise $76.3 million in one year...

And we have UM Trustees acting like Beta Blake is doing a "heck of a job" bringing in $11 million in one year.

It's not like these numbers are secretive.

Kill me now.

Advertisement
Back