@ Clemson
Duke
Louisville
@ UNC
Wake
@ VT
FSU
Pitt

I see at least 4 more sure-ish wins here (Lou, Wake, FSU, Pitt). Would love to split the other 4 if possible. We’ll see what happens.

Go Canes!

Miami has to hold court at home, period. Miami does that, that's 5 wins. Then anything you get on the road is gravy. Maybe Miami steals one on the road, but there's no reason why Miami can't beat Louisville, FSU, PItt and Wake at home with Duke as the wildcard. Frankly, after the last game against Duke I feel very confident about Miami's chances. Miami can compete with Duke. Frankly, Miami should have won the game in Cameron.

Advertisement
Miami has to hold court at home, period. Miami does that, that's 5 wins. Then anything you get on the road is gravy. Maybe Miami steals one on the road, but there's no reason why Miami can't beat Louisville, FSU, PItt and Wake at home with Duke as the wildcard. Frankly, after the last game against Duke I feel very confident about Miami's chances. Miami can compete with Duke. Frankly, Miami should have won the game in Cameron.
Miami is good enough to put a 20 burger on Duke at home. Not saying that's what will happen but the days of just competing with those guys are long gone. Larranaga usually has his guys ready to go when we're up against the dookies even in the years where we weren't the better team on paper or the rosters were stacked against us. Duke has fallen off a bit and we've gotten better, so I expect us to defend home court when duke rolls into town next week. That's the expectation we should all have moving forward. GO CANES!!!

Miami 18-2 over the pasr few seasons at home with Ayers. He is really killing us

Are you a Kansas fan? Would make sense. I bet you loved his hook and hold flagrant call against Sam.

You’re sure whiny about calling out poor officiating. Are you that bad at your job too? Sorry incompetence getting called out is so traumatizing to you.

And my seats - when life allows me to go - are courtside.

If Miami goes 5-3 rest of the season in league, they will finish 13-7. Last year they finished 14-6 in league play.

Advertisement
I was at this game, great ******* win the team needed that. Great crowd for a Tuesday game, and what a heat check from Pack WOW
What specific day of the week is "good" for a UM game. I've heard this for 20+ years that the games are not on "good" days, or at "good" times.

But you're right. Great win and the crowd looked terrific on TV (unlike other seasons where empty seats seemed to be in the majority.

Last edited:
What specific day of the week is "good" for a UM game. I've heard this for 20+ years that the games are not on "good" days, or at "good" times.

Bit you're right. Great win and the crowd looked terrific on TV (unlike other seasons where empty seats seemed to be in the majority.
I was worried about the crowd at first. At tipoff, it was nearly a ghosttown. But it filled in nicely and the crowd was loud, especially when Pack went off late.

Advertisement
I would start Joseph at PG, let Pack play off the ball, and have Wooga and Bev as the first guards off the bench. I've been saying this since November, and last night reaffirmed it.
I could be off but has Jim ever made a switch like that this late in the year that wasn’t forced by injuries?

I agree with your take and have felt that should have been the move a while ago. Wooga’s length and athleticism off the bench could give teams fits. Especially considering he tends to go missing for long stretches at a time.

I would start Joseph at PG, let Pack play off the ball, and have Wooga and Bev as the first guards off the bench. I've been saying this since November, and last night reaffirmed it.
And Casey instead of Walker. **** I'd give Watson more time...anyone but Wooga and Walker. Those two are horrendous.

If Walker and Wooga can just slow down at times they can serve a valuable purpose to eat up a few minutes to save Miller or Omier while not letting us slip up to much. Both are outstanding athletes but sometimes their brains are working faster then their bodies. Meaning they basically have their mind made up the minute they catch it.

Both of them have a knack for doing something low IQ at the worst time.(Which a few of our better guys do but they make up for it). Whether we are on a run or someone is on a small run on us. One of them fires up a 3 or tries to plow into the lane. Casey looks better each time out there...while he isnt scoring he also isnt a complete turnstile anymore. The game is definitely starting to slow down. But he still is a bit weak(which most 17/18 year olds in college bbball are). This next month I'd love to see him become a 10-15 minute guy who give us 5/5. Which likely cuts into Walkers minutes. Walker and Wooga should both try to just put someone on a poster early to get the energy up because that one by Wooga last night was filthy.

All that being said we arent at practice and we dont know exactly what gameplans are so we just have to ride it out with Coach L.

Wooga gives us 7.2 ppg; Bensley 5.6. Both in about 21 minutes a game.

Bensley provides more in the way of being our best one on one defender, steals, assists, etc. Wooga likes to shoot threes (34%) and on this team he's no better than our 4th option to do that (after Pack, Wong and Miller). I don't see him hitting the boards all that strongly so ... I agree in playing Joseph ahead of him.

While we're talking Wooga, I see you call him a Guard. Is that what he is? His handle doesn't look like a Guard, and he's not a pure shooter by any means. In the old basketball parlance, maybe a 3, a Small Forward? It'll be interesting to see what he turns out to be on future teams.

Advertisement
Wooga gives us 7.2 ppg; Bensley 5.6. Both in about 21 minutes a game.

Bensley provides more in the way of being our best one on one defender, steals, assists, etc. Wooga likes to shoot threes (34%) and on this team he's no better than our 4th option to do that (after Pack, Wong and Miller). I don't see him hitting the boards all that strongly so ... I agree in playing Joseph ahead of him.

While we're talking Wooga, I see you call him a Guard. Is that what he is? His handle doesn't look like a Guard, and he's not a pure shooter by any means. In the old basketball parlance, maybe a 3, a Small Forward? It'll be interesting to see what he turns out to be on future teams.
He's very athletic and plays hard. For a 6'5 192 lb guy he should have much better handles than what we have seen and should shoot better than 34% from 3. Can't have a guy in your starting 5 who goes long stretches without doing anything positive.

He's very athletic and plays hard. For a 6'5 192 lb guy he should have much better handles than what we have seen and should shoot better than 34% from 3. Can't have a guy in your starting 5 who goes long stretches without doing anything positive.
His handle is what truly holds him back. He is absolutely abysmal at handling the ball, especially for a guard.

Another key stat yesterday was Nacho did not turn the ball over once. With how aggressive he, he's bound for a few a game.

Advertisement
Yeah, he does seem to score in bunches, then disappear. On the other hand, he has to defer to the other starters out there. He'd be yanked if he encroached on their shots (and rightly so).

So, imo, too early to judge him. We need to see him on a team where he's not low man on the totem pole in being given a green light. As we've both said, he needs to work on his handle. I'd add developing more of a mid-range game as well.

Yeah, he does seem to score in bunches, then disappear. On the other hand, he has to defer to the other starters out there. He'd be yanked if he encroached on their shots (and rightly so).

So, imo, too early to judge him. We need to see him on a team where he's not low man on the totem pole in being given a green light. As we've both said, he needs to work on his handle. I'd add developing more of a mid-range game as well.
A couple positives are he's shooting 84% from the line and averaging 1.3 turnovers a game (Sure feels like 4 a game lol). He needs to get to the hoop more and draw fouls. We are 19th in the country in FT %. Get to the hoop and draw fouls.

I would like to steal one on the road to feel a little more confident about our postseason neutral court chances. We have struggled on the road

Advertisement
Back