Virginia Tech at Miami (2-6-21) at Noon on Fox Sports

Advertisement
If there was a stat that keeps track of the number 3pters giving up while being the on ball defender, I would bet Beverley leads the conference or nation.
Suckers bet; it's not even close. OK, I'll bet ya Beverly misses another 3 before halftime.
(after 13 minutes we have 13 points... at this pace we "might" reach 40)

Advertisement
Want to know why Gak has been giving us good minutes??????

Because he realizes that he can be creative in high ball screen offenses... he's the first big I have seen slip a ball screen in years. Sad that I even just wrote that

Advertisement
Want to know why Gak has been giving us good minutes??????

Because he realizes that he can be creative in high ball screen offenses... he's the first big I have seen slip a ball screen in years. Sad that I even just wrote that

You would think that would be a featured part of a ball screen offense.

You would think that would be a featured part of a ball screen offense.
It's what frustrates me the most. We see no slips. We see no pick and pops. We see no fake handoffs. We see no setting up defenders for back door cuts. It really is just a 1 on 1 ball screen offense. Defenses cheat on the roll because we can't shoot a lick. It's awful given our personnel

Advertisement
Solid defensive half for Canes (maybe due to Beverly only on the floor for 6 minutes)... McGusty and Olanyi looked good on offense, wish Wong would wake up some. 31-28 at the half down just 3.

It's what frustrates me the most. We see no slips. We see no pick and pops. We see no fake handoffs. We see no setting up defenders for back door cuts. It really is just a 1 on 1 ball screen offense. Defenses cheat on the roll because we can't shoot a lick. It's awful given our personnel

It is definitely a head scratcher.
Maybe my expectations are too high.
I remember those things were taught and part of basketball.
Let's be honest, Stockton and Malone are in the Hall of Fame because no one could guard the pick and roll.

Advertisement
The irony of Coach L in that commercial talking about how the game evolved and surviving in coaching yet we absolutely suck at shooting at defending the 3....

Exactly.
He is also the guy who said the team cannot shot 3s nor can they defend the 3 but his commercial talks about helping players get to the NBA.

Actions speak louder than words.

Advertisement
Back