Virginia Tech at Miami (2-6-21) at Noon on Fox Sports

I'd be very surprised not to see Coach L back next season. With our AD's track record of moving slowly towards changes and with the whole Covid thing going on, I just don't see Blake dropping the hammer on Larranaga this year. I do think another year of subpar play next season could do him in. I still think if Miami is going to turn this thing around, we need new blood on the coaching staff. This group of assistants just isn't getting it done.
If L comes back, at the very least he needs to shake up his coaching staff.

Advertisement
I'd be very surprised not to see Coach L back next season. With our AD's track record of moving slowly towards changes and with the whole Covid thing going on, I just don't see Blake dropping the hammer on Larranaga this year. I do think another year of subpar play next season could do him in. I still think if Miami is going to turn this thing around, we need new blood on the coaching staff. This group of assistants just isn't getting it done.
He'll get another pass because of injuries. LoL, Wong played 39 minutes against Duke and shot 6 for 10 with 16 points. McGusty was off. He played 38 minutes and finished 2 for 12 with 6 points. Against Wake, Wong played 38 minutes was 5-15, 4-7 from 3 and finished with 14. McGusty played 36 minutes, 7-12, 3-4 from 3 and finished with 17. So what Isaiah and Kameron are playing +35. We are getting destroyed on the boards.

Advertisement
I think the Chris Lykes injury has become a 2018 Bruce Brown situation. If you remember, Bruce hurt his foot and Coach L held him out the rest of the season to ensure Bruce would be healthy to work out for pro teams in the Summer.
No, I don't have any "sources" close to the situation but how does he practice the day before the game but he cannot play 24 hours later without any mentioning of swelling or discomfort.

Looks like dreaded ACCNX again. Not Fox Sports.
sportssurge has not worked all year. Any way to catch these games absent the never ending subscriptions

Advertisement
Advertisement
more than 5minutes in Canes scoreless. But ya cant blame Beverly who continues to ride bench (Im NOT complaining)
(except for last 12 seconds was on bench for final 9 minutes of game versus Duke)

Advertisement
And here's Beverly at the 12:30 mark, Canes down 7-6
(edit: immediately drops coverage and allows VT's first easy 3)

Advertisement
Back