2025 Vernell "Trey" Brown III 4* WR from Orlando Evans [commits to UiF]

Advertisement
Joined in march, ima go for troll.
Had to stop reading the recruiting board last summer. With the insane amount of visits we have in June it’s gonna be the same in July I think. People melting down about all the visitors and no commitments

Mario isn’t above criticism in recruiting of course, but by now you’d think people would know to wait till December. We flip a lot of guys and we don’t get flipped very often. Not a coincidence

Agree the WR board is always increasing because they already know they are striking out left and right with top national and Florida targets. Teams are cherry picking fast and furious while as always MC and his staff keep evaluating... Then they get fixated with Wilson who is committed to Oregon and has visited a zillion of times, but we know how that stories end.

You might not know this (based on your join date), but there was significant concern last summer that Mario was filling up spots with 3* kids in the spring/early summer, and by the start of August we hadn't pulled as many blue-chip players (when generally most teams have the majority of their best players committed by the start of the season the prior couple of cycles).

Like several posters, I was of the opinion that we needed the majority of the blue-chip kids in our class committed by the start of the season or it would be a problem. But, even with a 7-win regular season, it was decidedly not a problem. Scott, Blount, Pickett, Carr, Hayes, Lyle, Bell, and McConathy all committed late in the recruiting cycle.

With a realistic expectation of 10+ wins this season (and an absolute floor of 9 wins), I won't get too concerned about 2025 recruiting until the regular season ends. Every cycle is different, but at least for this season, Mario's 2024 close really should alleviate some of the summer concern.

Had to stop reading the recruiting board last summer. With the insane amount of visits we have in June it’s gonna be the same in July I think. People melting down about all the visitors and no commitments

Mario isn’t above criticism in recruiting of course, but by now you’d think people would know to wait till December. We flip a lot of guys and we don’t get flipped very often. Not a coincidence
Precisely. It was unreadeable at times last summer.

Advertisement
Offensive production and most importantly, winning where it actually matters which is on the football field.

A couple of schools that are recruiting are pretty confident he ends up there. We’ll see.
Well that was last year. This year they take a huge step back. So yeah

You might not know this (based on your join date), but there was significant concern last summer that Mario was filling up spots with 3* kids in the spring/early summer, and by the start of August we hadn't pulled as many blue-chip players (when generally most teams have the majority of their best players committed by the start of the season the prior couple of cycles).

Like several posters, I was of the opinion that we needed the majority of the blue-chip kids in our class committed by the start of the season or it would be a problem. But, even with a 7-win regular season, it was decidedly not a problem. Scott, Blount, Pickett, Carr, Hayes, Lyle, Bell, and McConathy all committed late in the recruiting cycle.

With a realistic expectation of 10+ wins this season (and an absolute floor of 9 wins), I won't get too concerned about 2025 recruiting until the regular season ends. Every cycle is different, but at least for this season, Mario's 2024 close really should alleviate some of the summer concern.
Joining date, do not equal remotely to the years I have been reading this board.

How feasible and possible is to keep counting on unreal closing by the staff?

I just said that this year the cherry picking by teams is way higher and the guys have no issue committing to other teams..

Keep adding names to the WR board is just a sign.

Joining date, do not equal remotely to the years I have been reading this board.

I just said that this year the cherry picking by teams is way higher and the guys have no issue committing to other teams..

I mean that is literally Mario's MO. He's always been a good closer late in cycles. Since he has been here as well the trend has been take some lower rated, eval type guys you really like early in the cycle, some bigger names tend to pop during summer and then close out on some bigger name battles during season and end of year. I don't get how people are still doubting Mario's recruiting after what he has given us the last two years and after terrible on field results.

With all of the other things you could focus on to **** on Mario for, you choose his absolute best trait as a recruiter to question?

Mean Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+
He's a troll. Just look at all his posts. They're all the same.

Advertisement

This nothing new. You act like it ain’t something that hasn’t been going on for over a decade

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back