TreVonte Citizen - Year One

There would be some Godfather-like repercussions if this happened just about anywhere else. Manny does this mess with impunity because there's no incentive not to.

Advertisement
Manny Navarro. He'll eat the world and melt with you.
I think I just figured this out

1669256988900.jpeg

Advertisement
You not only have to recruit ~100 or so HS kids every year to fill your 25 man class, but you need to recruit the portal, and you need to recruit your current roster in order to keep them out of the portal.

Let's see if Mario can recruit this kid again. He closed once on him last December. Looks like he'll have to do it again.
This is why you see some nfl coaches try and stay there.

In passing during a very ****** podcast a moron says I wouldn’t be surprised if a kid transfers.

We need to chill the *** out. No amount of hand wringing on CIS is going to effect him returning or not. Let’s not let a guy who should be on the food network get us too worked up.
My 600 pound life is on the Food Network?!?!?!

Advertisement
Not
I saw Citizen on campus today, he was in a full leg brace and on crutches. Shocked to see him like that months after surgery… Ugh
Not good.
My nephew who has had 3 ACL tears while playing pro basketball was never in a full brace or on crutches 6 months after the tear. It was still a full 12 months from injury to being 100%, but he was typically out of the brace and off crutches within a few months of the surgery. I can only imagine how severe this injury must have been.

Absolutely zero reason to be in a full leg brace and on crutches 5 months after ACL surgery. It was either much worse than an ACL, or he had some sort of setback that required an additional procedure. A lot of kids are running 5 months after an ACL tear these days. If he’s on crutches, that’s not a good sign at all.

Doesn’t mean he can’t or won’t be ready for camp. Maybe he had a minor cleanup last week or something. Just saying that if he’s on crutches there is a 0.0% chance he had successful ACL surgery in August and his rehab is progressing normally.

Absolutely zero reason to be in a full leg brace and on crutches 5 months after ACL surgery. It was either much worse than an ACL, or he had some sort of setback that required an additional procedure. A lot of kids are running 5 months after an ACL tear these days. If he’s on crutches, that’s not a good sign at all.

Doesn’t mean he can’t or won’t be ready for camp. Maybe he had a minor cleanup last week or something. Just saying that if he’s on crutches there is a 0.0% chance he had successful ACL surgery in August and his rehab is progressing normally.
Agreed. Not related to original injury procedure

Advertisement
Agreed. Not related to original injury procedure

Yep.

Put it this way — Breece Hall tore his ACL and meniscus and had surgery on November 18th. That’s 10 weeks ago. A little over 2 months.

He posted a video of him jogging today on an anti-gravity treadmill.

Citizen would’ve had surgery about 3 months before Hall did.

Advertisement
I change my previous post. We need a starter level RB in the portal. Rotation piece will not do.

Feel for the kid. For whatever reason we’ve had multiple potential game-changing WRs and RBs come through here and catch the injury bug. Oh well.

Advertisement
Back