Travis Hunter Live Commitment

Advertisement
What’s their class ranking now? Still top 15?
grinch smile GIF

I'm happy this happened to FSU instead of us, F them.

With that said, this changes everything and is something that must be monitored going forward. I'm all for the kids getting paid unless this was an orchestrated ruse and both Hunter and Deion end up at FSU after next season. That would violate the spirit of what the NIL and transfer rules are suppose to be by merging them into an unholy temporary marriage.

To be clear, there is NOTHING the NCAA can do at this point about NIL. That genie is out of the bottle. What they can control, however, is the transfer rules. If you tell me right now Hunter is sincere in picking Jackson State and plans to stay there until he goes pro.....then I have zero problem with all of this. However, I'm skeptical by nature and as I mentioned before this is something that must be policed if it turns into a trend. This could absolutely destroy college football.
Three paychecks from three different schools before a player ends his college career, baby! Fvck it, it's about time the workforce collects their market value.

Advertisement
Three paychecks from three different schools before a player ends his college career, baby! Fvck it, it's about time the workforce collects their market value.

I'm all for the kids getting paid. It's a violent sport and the future isn't guaranteed for any of them.

My concern is the manipulation with regards to the transfer portal. That is the part that must be monitored. The NCAA needs to revisit the transfer rules to at least put SOME barriers in place.

I'm all for the kids getting paid. It's a violent sport and the future isn't guaranteed for any of them.

My concern is the manipulation with regards to the transfer portal. That is the part that must be monitored. The NCAA needs to revisit the transfer rules to at least put SOME barriers in place.
Yea, I was being facetious about that part. I think the market will correct itself even if the NCAA doesn't step in anyways, (which they will because I bet Bama boosters are furious) because those signing the NIL checks are learning they can get played hard by recruits.

So either the money cools down or stipulations are made in these NIL deals.

Advertisement
From a business standpoint, this is going to be terrible for Barstool. The real money to these NIL deals for the company is marketing to and capturing the casual college football fan. The casual fan doesn't know and will not know who Travis Hunter is. It doesn't matter how good he is at the college level, he will get no publicity. Jackson St games will not be shown on national television unless they play midweek. The casual fan knew who Sam Ehlingher was and I bet he would be a lot more valuable at Texas as a 6th round pick than potential #1 pick Travis Hunter from JSU.
Agreed. CFB stars are just never going to be that marketable. They're too transient and CFB is too regional. I don't even think your Ehlinger example works because he, nor any other player, really have mass national appeal to make it worth it for a brand to spend millions of dollars on a kid.

I always thought the NIL thing would be huge amongst boosters wanting to see their team win, not brands who think some 18 year old who has the charisma of a dead toad is going to help sell their product.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know we don’t have Canes fans in here upset that FSU lost the #1 ranked player in the Nation now do we???

Do yall not see how this is actually a GREAT thing? This levels the playing field...

Before NIL, a kid like Travis Hunter would’ve taken under the table bags to Bama, UGA or Clemson.

But now because of NIL, ANYBODY can sign ANYBODY... What does that mean for Miami? PUT THE MONEY UP & GET THE RECRUITS, it’s that simple, that’s the formula.

This is not “ruining college football”, this is lifting the veil off the farce of amateur athletics & taking the seedy undercover bag culture that permeated college recruiting & putting it out in front on the table.

If you think this is the first time a player has gotten paid before, you’re either 5 years old or the most naive adult on Earth. Players have been getting paid since the 80’s, you think they gave SMU the Death penalty for handing out lollipops & ice cream??? They were buying T-Top Trans Am’s back then, wtf you think been going on all this time?

NIL is the Grand equalizer, you can’t be mad there’s Free agency in college football when coaches are getting 10 year $90-100million dollar deals, lets stop the charade as if CFB isn’t a multi-Billion dollar enterprise, why can’t the labor benefit from it too?
Fam, you know what a major part of the problem is. Let's just say mutha****as wouldn't have their panties in as tight of a bunch if he flipped to NDSU and Weinke was the coach there...

I know we don’t have Canes fans in here upset that FSU lost the #1 ranked player in the Nation now do we???

Do yall not see how this is actually a GREAT thing? This levels the playing field...

Before NIL, a kid like Travis Hunter would’ve taken under the table bags to Bama, UGA or Clemson.

But now because of NIL, ANYBODY can sign ANYBODY... What does that mean for Miami? PUT THE MONEY UP & GET THE RECRUITS, it’s that simple, that’s the formula.

This is not “ruining college football”, this is lifting the veil off the farce of amateur athletics & taking the seedy undercover bag culture that permeated college recruiting & putting it out in front on the table.

If you think this is the first time a player has gotten paid before, you’re either 5 years old or the most naive adult on Earth. Players have been getting paid since the 80’s, you think they gave SMU the Death penalty for handing out lollipops & ice cream??? They were buying T-Top Trans Am’s back then, wtf you think been going on all this time?

NIL is the Grand equalizer, you can’t be mad there’s Free agency in college football when coaches are getting 10 year $90-100million dollar deals, lets stop the charade as if CFB isn’t a multi-Billion dollar enterprise, why can’t the labor benefit from it too?
I'm glad we won't have to see Hunter on the other side in those UM FSU games.

Crazy that Deion did that to his school. Here we are talking about Earl Little Sr. pushing Jr to Bama. But Deion came out of nowhere and snagged the number 1 recruit in the country from his school. Maaaaaaan.

Advertisement
Back