Travis Hunter Live Commitment

I'm happy this happened to FSU instead of us, F them.

With that said, this changes everything and is something that must be monitored going forward. I'm all for the kids getting paid unless this was an orchestrated ruse and both Hunter and Deion end up at FSU after next season. That would violate the spirit of what the NIL and transfer rules are suppose to be by merging them into an unholy temporary marriage.

To be clear, there is NOTHING the NCAA can do at this point about NIL. That genie is out of the bottle. What they can control, however, is the transfer rules. If you tell me right now Hunter is sincere in picking Jackson State and plans to stay there until he goes pro.....then I have zero problem with all of this. However, I'm skeptical by nature and as I mentioned before this is something that must be policed if it turns into a trend. This could absolutely destroy college football.

Advertisement

download (1).jpeg

Has nothing to do with being a black university. Not everything is about race. People that make everything about race are generally the most racist.
Im saying that the anger should be about him going to an HBCU which MANY are doing now I've seen it. Ive said multiple times here I'm proud of this moment and hope this is a trend because too many have shunned the opportunity and now that can hopefully change so idk if you're saying I'm racist but that is far from the truth

I'm happy this happened to FSU instead of us, F them.

With that said, this changes everything and is something that must be monitored going forward. I'm all for the kids getting paid unless this was an orchestrated ruse and both Hunter and Deion end up at FSU after next season. That would violate the spirit of what the NIL and transfer rules are suppose to be by merging them into an unholy temporary marriage.

To be clear, there is NOTHING the NCAA can do at this point about NIL. That genie is out of the bottle. What they can control, however, is the transfer rules. If you tell me right now Hunter is sincere in picking Jackson State and plans to stay there until he goes pro.....then I have zero problem with all of this. However, I'm skeptical by nature and as I mentioned before this is something that must be policed if it turns into a trend. This could absolutely destroy college football.
Sadly the next step I see in this is the government stepping in and taxing their scholarships which will make NIL deals bigger and hurt schools with higher tuition.

Advertisement
Sadly the next step I see in this is the government stepping in and taxing their scholarships which will make NIL deals bigger and hurt schools with higher tuition.
I honestly don't think tuition will get taxed. I've seen this opinion a few times and done some digging and while there is no direct precedent, it would represent an inconsistency within the tax code that has always separated transactions based on purpose. It's a substance over form thing.

I'm a CPA, so trust me this collides with my world. State taxes are another thing that could presumably come into play.

State schools can’t compete anymore? I love these NIL deals! SMU, USC, Baylor, and MIAMI are on the come up.

Advertisement
Would like to think FSU extending Norvell when they fired Taggert played into decision.

You don’t think Bama, Texas or Georgia couldn’t get him more then JSU?

Maybe but this is the 1st of its kind, if I understand it correctly, and it just so happens that Jackson State was the 1st to do it. Where are u trying to get at?

Also Taggart is trash af, he's a program killer. He's doing it to FAU right now.

State schools can’t compete anymore? I love these NIL deals! SMU, USC, Baylor, and MIAMI are on the come up.
Dallas, LA, Waco and Miami... yea Baylor isn’t competing with us for nil or recruits and Texas has more money than God. Look at what they are spending to get ol

Dallas, LA, Waco and Miami... yea Baylor isn’t competing with us for nil or recruits and Texas has more money than God. Look at what they are spending to get ol

They will use it to keep their kids in the state. I don't blame them. Look at Alabama class btw. Look at how many kids are from out of state. It's only going to worsen the better these other schools get and us too. I'm sure they will get more OOS kids from now till signing day, but things Are evening out. Ole Miss crying players want to get paid when they did the ****, and FSU losing players when they too paid for the top running back in Mississippi.

Advertisement
I know we don’t have Canes fans in here upset that FSU lost the #1 ranked player in the Nation now do we???

Do yall not see how this is actually a GREAT thing? This levels the playing field...

Before NIL, a kid like Travis Hunter would’ve taken under the table bags to Bama, UGA or Clemson.

But now because of NIL, ANYBODY can sign ANYBODY... What does that mean for Miami? PUT THE MONEY UP & GET THE RECRUITS, it’s that simple, that’s the formula.

This is not “ruining college football”, this is lifting the veil off the farce of amateur athletics & taking the seedy undercover bag culture that permeated college recruiting & putting it out in front on the table.

If you think this is the first time a player has gotten paid before, you’re either 5 years old or the most naive adult on Earth. Players have been getting paid since the 80’s, you think they gave SMU the Death penalty for handing out lollipops & ice cream??? They were buying T-Top Trans Am’s back then, wtf you think been going on all this time?

NIL is the Grand equalizer, you can’t be mad there’s Free agency in college football when coaches are getting 10 year $90-100million dollar deals, lets stop the charade as if CFB isn’t a multi-Billion dollar enterprise, why can’t the labor benefit from it too?

And SMU got $$$ maybe not Texas FU money, but they aren't broke like FSU

I know we don’t have Canes fans in here upset that FSU lost the #1 ranked player in the Nation now do we???

Do yall not see how this is actually a GREAT thing? This levels the playing field...

Before NIL, a kid like Travis Hunter would’ve taken under the table bags to Bama, UGA or Clemson.

But now because of NIL, ANYBODY can sign ANYBODY... What does that mean for Miami? PUT THE MONEY UP & GET THE RECRUITS, it’s that simple, that’s the formula.

This is not “ruining college football”, this is lifting the veil off the farce of amateur athletics & taken the seedy undercover bag culture that permeated college recruiting & putting it out front on the table.

If you think this is the first time a player has gotten paid before, you’re either 5 years old or the most naive adult on Earth. Players have been getting paid since the 80’s, you think they gave SMU the Death penalty for handing out lollipops & ice cream??? They were buying T-Top Trans Am’s back then, wtf you think been going on all this time?

NIL is the Grand equalizer, you can’t be mad there’s Free agency in college football when coaches are getting 10 $90-100million dollar deals, lets stop the charade as if CFB isn’t a multi-Billion dollar enterprise, why can’t the labor benefit from it too?

Yeah! Thank you! On MF POINT!!!!! Let these kids get paid, dammit.

Advertisement
coaches getting paid $10M while players got nothing wasn't ruining it?
no it wasn't. kids got plenty. Since they are getting paid now, then the kids should pay the school back for their education, nutrition, strength training, room and board, field maintenance etc

one for the ages :) :ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg::ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg:, nearly too corny to believe. F$U's best all time star and former CB intercepts their biggest recruiting hope and crumbles their supposedly cornerstone of the recruiting class to dust. Schadenfreude at its best! :nelson-haha:

Advertisement
Back