Transfer Portal - Baseball 2024-25

Will likely be pretty quiet while the draft and some other shuffling takes place. Ill just go ahead and pencil in Pineiro as one of the arms we get. Unless the last few spots we are going to throw out some serious cash to win some battles we likely wouldnt

Advertisement
Will likely be pretty quiet while the draft and some other shuffling takes place. Ill just go ahead and pencil in Pineiro as one of the arms we get. Unless the last few spots we are going to throw out some serious cash to win some battles we likely wouldnt
The FIU pitcher? Is he any good?

He is ok...but it just seems like a kid we would be on. Didnt realize he was in the portal until today. But a Westminster Grad at FIU. Its almost to obvious
I'd assume he wouldn't be the type of guy we'd need as a weekend starter. I've seen who the staff follows on Twitter (a slight indication of who we're targeting) and there's a pitcher from Seton Hall in the portal who was All-Conference they follow. I doubt we'd get him but would be cool. Hopefully, we land someone because pitchers have been committing elsewhere left and right.

I'd assume he wouldn't be the type of guy we'd need as a weekend starter. I've seen who the staff follows on Twitter (a slight indication of who we're targeting) and there's a pitcher from Seton Hall in the portal who was All-Conference they follow. I doubt we'd get him but would be cool. Hopefully, we land someone because pitchers have been committing elsewhere left and right.
Is it Gillen? I mentioned him back a few pages. That would be nice.

Advertisement
Yeah, some other guys I saw they followed recently were Zach Brown from Ohio State and Ruger Riojas from UTSA.
Brown would be nice he's a freshman so we would have him for a couple of years, and he's got good size for a pitcher. Some of his numbers are not great but I think you might be able to chalk that up to being a freshman to some extent. Riojas would be a good get.

Advertisement
Looks like both to UT
Again, we need to just grab the scraps from Florida, Tennessee and Texas that are getting pushed out the door... Good young talented players roster spots getting taken by veteran guys. There has to be some starting pitching available this week and next from these high level teams.

Advertisement
@DMoney Are we basically at a stand still until after seeing the draft shake out?
I'm not a baseball insider (or really anywhere for that matter), but they are trying to steer a couple of guys to school. My impression is there are 4-5 guys they're waiting to hear more on.

Crazy that the roster could be like 50 deep on paper.

I'm not a baseball insider (or really anywhere for that matter), but they are trying to steer a couple of guys to school. My impression is there are 4-5 guys they're waiting to hear more on.

Like I said, a JV football practice.

Advertisement
There are 2 SEC schools that could have 70 guys in the fall.

Everyone wanted college kids to have freedom to transfer and get paid so its officially a business now. Fans want to win now so coaches are going to bring in the best to weed out the worst. People wanted this... I laugh when I hear parents complaining about their son being told to seek other options in August or by Mid October being told they are likely not going to make the team despite being committed since they were 14. Its been going on but its crazy now...and its even down to the D2 and D3 levels when it comes to roster spots. A lot of kids right now who entered the portal on their own are realizing their careers might be over.

By this do you mean there are guys like Randal Diaz who are expected to get drafted but if they don’t go high enough they would come here?

By this do you mean there are guys like Randal Diaz who are expected to get drafted but if they don’t go high enough they would come here?
Exactly. Even if he gets drafted we can match his MLB offer +10%.It will be the wild wild West next week.
How the he'* do you run a practice with 40-50 players? It's not like teams have a spring training type complex.

Exactly. Even if he gets drafted we can match his MLB offer +10%.It will be the wild wild West next week.
How the he'* do you run a practice with 40-50 players? It's not like teams have a spring training type complex.
first baseball Grey Shirts!!! lol

As a real question, is it legal for UM to hire a bunch of temp scouts/evaluators for Fall Ball to get enough good eyes on all kids?? Part-time or Stipend based?

Advertisement
Back