To those who said Manny was awful at recruiting

Well dam if he could coach half as good as you say he can recruit then we going undefeated easy

I’ll keep repeating this until you guys get it…

Head coaches are CEOs… They manage the guys who coach the players… They don’t do the coaching. But they are responsible for setting the standard expectations for the program.

2019 sucked so what Manny is doing now is making major moves to upgrade the program…

High quality coaches and players are coming here for a reason……

Advertisement
Always the delusions of grandeur.

I really hope that we can win at least 10 this coming year, and really, we probably should. But to start out with the "I TOLD YA SO! MANNY'Z T3H GAWD!!!" type of stuff is a little premature...considering we went 6-7 last year and probably could have lost to Central Michigan to boot.

Take a wait and see approach. We've got a new OC with a system that brings us firmly into the 21st century on offense, and a great QB. Do I think that's great? Absolutely. Am I going to crown Manny the next great Miami coach over it? Absolutely not.

Will be an interesting year this year.

"probably could have lost to Central Michigan" is a bit rich when the worst kicker in football cost the team 3 wins by himself.

He wasn't the problem against Duke, FIU, or La Tech.
10-4 would look better than 6-7. And we all know that if the kicker hadn't blow the early games that the immature QB and team leadership wouldn't have mailed it in at the end of the season. That is on Manny, sure, but the kicker set it in motion.

Advertisement
I’ll keep repeating this until you guys get it…

Head coaches are CEOs… They manage the guys who coach the players… They don’t do the coaching. But they are responsible for setting the standard expectations for the program.

2019 sucked so what Manny is doing now is making major moves to upgrade the program…

High quality coaches and players are coming here for a reason……
Yea that's a big no buddy. Head coaches do coach in case you didnt know that. It may not be as hands on as a position coach but they do coach on a daily basis. But you keep believing that nonsense you posted

10-4 would look better than 6-7. And we all know that if the kicker hadn't blow the early games that the immature QB and team leadership wouldn't have mailed it in at the end of the season. That is on Manny, sure, but the kicker set it in motion.
The other close games (CMU, ****t, UVa) could have all gone the other way too...so it's useless to argue that "if *** then YYY". Really, we probably shouldn't have even been in the situation (other than UF) where we had a field goal kicker decide a game for us, especially against GT and UNC.

Bottom line is, we sucked farts last year. Definitely have seen some improvements this year, but I think it's too early to start the "I told ya Manny was the greatest" lines.

Advertisement
of course getting transfers is recruiting. If anything, it is more directly related to success than with high school kids.
of course getting transfers is recruiting. YES
If anything, it is more directly related to success than with high school kids. Absolutely NO.

of course getting transfers is recruiting. YES
If anything, it is more directly related to success than with high school kids. Absolutely NO.
i.e., recruiting skills are more directly related to convincing a transfer to change schools than to where he chooses to go directly after high school. Not success as far as winning or losing games. A high school kid may only have 3-4 schools on his list for whatever reason - geography, high school coaches, etc. A college transfer is more likely to go anyplace.

I don't think Manny is a great recruiter. I can't recall Manny winning many battles for top defensive recruits.

This is kind of a duh comment, but I believe that he can be a "great" recruiter if we can start winning consistently. Even with all the bumps in the road over the last decade, the U brand still has *** appeal. This offseason has proven that. His job will be a lot easier if he can convince kids to come to a 9 or 10 win program as opposed to 6 and 7 wins.

Advertisement
Really? Who "won" the portal last year? Miami? We barely made a bowl and lost to two g5 teams. Which teams had the most 5 star HS kids on their team this year? Bama, OSU, Clemson, LSU and UGA.
dumb to say a transfer is not a recruit. They take visits, they have choices, they are RECRUITED thus they are in fact recruits.

You need talent no matter where you can get it. A few transfers are not going to make a bad team great, but they can make a difference. Ask LSU.

i.e., recruiting skills are more directly related to convincing a transfer to change schools than to where he chooses to go directly after high school. Not success as far as winning or losing games. A high school kid may only have 3-4 schools on his list for whatever reason - geography, high school coaches, etc. A college transfer is more likely to go anyplace.
OK

Advertisement
dumb to say a transfer is not a recruit. They take visits, they have choices, they are RECRUITED thus they are in fact recruits.

You need talent no matter where you can get it. A few transfers are not going to make a bad team great, but they can make a difference. Ask LSU.

And Burrows wouldn't have done schit if he was surrounded by 2 stars.

Kids in the portal are not referred to as recruits. You can't just make up your own definition of recruiting. Kids in the portal are not recruits, no matter how much you whine about it. What is next? Should we refer to free agents as recruits?

And Burrows wouldn't have done schit if he was surrounded by 2 stars.

Kids in the portal are not referred to as recruits. You can't just make up your own definition of recruiting. Kids in the portal are not recruits, no matter how much you whine about it. What is next? Should we refer to free agents as recruits?
They are definitely recruits. How bizarre to challenge a defined word.

Who ever said Manny was bad at recruiting?

People have complained about his coaching and leadership, but not his ability to sell cars.

Ummm. Errrrr... ME!!! (and most everyone else)

But even I must admit he is doing exactly what we would want him to do in switching the tracks of this misery train so there is finally reason to hope he "gets it".

Advertisement
Back