To those who said Manny was awful at recruiting

Advertisement
Was ready to give up on Manny after the FIU game but he has really impressed me with what he's done since the end of the season.

What he's pulled off since the final gam of the season has been nothing short of miraculous.
Its amazing how you're impressed with his afterseason(offseason); and you deny, forget, turn the other cheek to what he does inseason...every fanbase has their fair share of ******.

We are coming off a historically awful season with losses to FIU, Duke, Georgia Tech and a shutout to Louisiana f*cking Tech.

Not even 30 days later and Manny:

- Has our signing class on the cusp of finishing in the Top 15
- Convinced one of the top young OC’s in America to leave a pretty cushy gig at SMU for our trainwreck of a QB room
- Landed the most dynamic QB in the portal (and perhaps America), who will likely begin the season top 5-7 in Heisman odds
- Got the AAC Defensive Player of the Year to transfer
He’s been here for 4 years and we can safely say crootin ain’t his thing.

Its amazing how you're impressed with his afterseason(offseason); and you deny, forget, turn the other cheek to what he does inseason...every fanbase has their fair share of ******.

It’s obviously above your mental pay grade but believe it or not it is possible to be impressed with what he’s done without forgetting last season’s disaster.

Yeah I am starting to re think my he can’t recruit narrative. All we need him to do is change my he is a horrible game day coach narrative and we got ourselves a good coach gents.

Advertisement
I mean no one in their right mind could ever think that. Now is he blue when it comes to being a head coach ? sure. Did he make a mistake by thinking Saban knew what a good OC was and stealing him ? **** yes but he is recruiting and using the portal like a beast. Talent procurement isn't an issue with Diaz and never will be . Guys love him and want to play for him.

We are coming off a historically awful season with losses to FIU, Duke, Georgia Tech and a shutout to Louisiana f*cking Tech.

- Convinced one of the top young OC’s in America to leave a pretty cushy gig at SMU for our trainwreck of a QB room
- Landed the most dynamic QB in the portal (and perhaps America), who will likely begin the season top 5-7 in Heisman odds

Manny is going to be fine. NONE of the top coaches get it right year one. This team needs more changes but what we've seen so far is a huge step in the right direction.

Advertisement
Christ how quick are fans are to forget

it’s not how quick the fans forget. It’s how quick fan moral can change when the They perceive that changes are being made for thegood.

horrible OC last year, Change made
horrible OL coach , Change made
bad QB play, bringing in #1 QB transfer
no kicking game, bringing in transfer kicker
D not elite, bringing in top D transfer and adding some impressive talent from recruiting
Old, slow offense, bringing in a uptempo spread

Give Manny some credit,
just as we see the problems, he sees the problems and is making great decisions to fix them.
wether the changes work or not, he’s making smart decisions

It’s obviously above your mental pay grade but believe it or not it is possible to be impressed with what he’s done without forgetting last season’s disaster.
You're the dumba** that nuts at the stripclub bc the b*tch sat in your lap...you get overexcited bc she slipped you a wrong number.

We got a new OC last year that other big programs wanted. We also got a change the culture in the qb room type player in Tate. How you somehow keep wetting your pants over what Manny does in the offseason and sells to the fanbase is beyond fartproof.

Let me know when Manny can gameplan, make ingame and halftime adjustments. Let me know when he gets to postgame presser and take accountability for how a team looks coming off bye weeks and/or facing crosstown lil cousins. Let me know when Manny gets an additional 3 weeks of prep for a bowl game and actually puts up points and has a good showing.
I can go on but you busy wiping your mouth from manny...

You're the dumba** that nuts at the stripclub bc the b*tch sat in your lap...you get overexcited bc she slipped you a wrong number.

We got a new OC last year that other big programs wanted. We also got a change the culture in the qb room type player in Tate. How you somehow keep wetting your pants over what Manny does in the offseason and sells to the fanbase is beyond fartproof.

Let me know when Manny can gameplan, make ingame and halftime adjustments. Let me know when he gets to postgame presser and take accountability for how a team looks coming off bye weeks and/or facing crosstown lil cousins. Let me know when Manny gets an additional 3 weeks of prep for a bowl game and actually puts up points and has a good showing.
I can go on but you busy wiping your mouth from manny...

Lmao.

You should worry more about your bizarre closeted homo erotic projecting and less about what I think about a football coach.

My favorite part of all of this is either he succeeds and we turn the corner or he makes it undeniable he’s not the coach we need. Resolution coming one way or the other.

Advertisement
Even with a terrible year closing recruiting with knighton(which is such an elite pickup) getting Harrell/worsham/dunson and now these two grad transfers. Landing lashlee and grant justise was BIG. I can fault manny for a lot of things but not for that whatsoever. Remains to be seen how it all plays out but I’m more than happy with these moves

My favorite part of all of this is either he succeeds and we turn the corner or he makes it undeniable he’s not the coach we need. Resolution coming one way or the other.
great post.. you have to give him credit for one things fans get ****ed about.. and that is looking at an obvious problem and doing nothing about it.

Then why does our depth at CB and linebacker suck so bad? Manny was the DC here before HC and On top of that he was the linebacker coach. So if he’s such a great recruiter then why 4 seasons in and those to position groups that were under his direct supervision and leadership suck so bad? Why did our defense look like the group of 5 defense against FIU instead of the other way around if he’s like you said, such a great recruiter? Why are our linebackers and secondary so slow and were the university of Miami where recruiting speed should be a birthright for this program? Asking for a friend?

Last edited:
Advertisement

Are you trying to tell me there's light at the end of the tunnel, and what we went through last year was a near-death experience.

Yeah I am starting to re think my he can’t recruit narrative. All we need him to do is change my he is a horrible game day coach narrative and we got ourselves a good coach gents.
He can’t recruit. Getting a couple transfers each year is a far cry from recruiting.

None of those one year rentals last season even made a lick of difference on the field.

Manny saved his hide with some unquestionably strong moves these past few weeks, no doubt. But now the only thing that matters is W's. Period.

Manny has earned the right to another offseason yacht ride, although I would prefer a cigarette boat.

Advertisement
Back