Them's fightin words....

I hate that they have absolutely nothing to lose by making that statement. All the pressure is on us here… and the fact that this isn’t a gimme annoys TF out of me.

MTSU PTSD is real… we win the first two games and I can get over it. Until then I have no clue which Canes team is going to show up week to week
This a completely new defense. The only starters returning are an All American (Kinchens), an All American candidate (Taylor), an All Conference player (Mesidor) and Willams.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
"Of Ohio". Lol.

Screenshot_20230826_171239_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I hate that they have absolutely nothing to lose by making that statement. All the pressure is on us here… and the fact that this isn’t a gimme annoys TF out of me.

MTSU PTSD is real… we win the first two games and I can get over it. Until then I have no clue which Canes team is going to show up week to week
Sorry to tell you but him making that statement or ptsd has nothing to do with last year. This is something that's been said since our first game against fiu all those years ago & by any number of power 5 schools it's not unique to us. The bigger program has nothing to gain by playing these kinds of schools from a notoriety stand point. If we win it's simply practice and we're expected to (as we always should be)& if we lose period were getting crushed nationally (as we should). Let's not act like this is due to last year. This is due to the last 17 years... Simple as that.

They're not even a real Miami. It's an Americanized name of the native people in that part of the country before they got pushed out by the white man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sorry to tell you but him making that statement or ptsd has nothing to do with last year. This is something that's been said since our first game against fiu all those years ago & by any number of power 5 schools it's not unique to us. The bigger program has nothing to gain by playing these kinds of schools from a notoriety stand point. If we win it's simply practice and we're expected to (as we always should be)& if we lose period were getting crushed nationally (as we should). Let's not act like this is due to last year. This is due to the last 17 years... Simple as that.
I definitely agree that we’ve put ourselves in a position to be ridiculed for quite some time. We’ve taken a bunch of losses we had no business losing.

While I understood we weren’t world beaters last season. And maybe it was me being naive last year but after losing by 8 in College Station there wasn’t an ounce of me that thought we’d lose by 2 touchdowns at home to MTSU the following week. Hangover loss… maybe, I guess. But ****, if you would’ve told me our starting 22 we’re all suspended for MTSU because they got drunk and tore **** up after the A&M game I would’ve legit thought “it’ll be close but I still like us vs MTSU… 2nd stringers and all”

I definitely had too much of the Kool-Aid at that point. Hence my cynicism… I’ll own that. That’s all me.

I definitely agree that we’ve put ourselves in a position to be ridiculed for quite some time. We’ve taken a bunch of losses we had no business losing.

While I understood we weren’t world beaters last season. And maybe it was me being naive last year but after losing by 8 in College Station there wasn’t an ounce of me that thought we’d lose by 2 touchdowns at home to MTSU the following week. Hangover loss… maybe, I guess. But ****, if you would’ve told me our starting 22 we’re all suspended for MTSU because they got drunk and tore **** up after the A&M game I would’ve legit thought “it’ll be close but I still like us vs MTSU… 2nd stringers and all”

I definitely had too much of the Kool-Aid at that point. Hence my cynicism… I’ll own that. That’s all me.
That's not the gyst of what I mean though. Point is the under dogs will always make statements like this & we gain nothing by ever scheduling them period. When you add in the fact we sucked last year and for the majority of the last 17 it simply gives validity to what the kid is saying. We should always expect to slaughter these teams. But we gain nothing by doing exactly that.

Advertisement
After last season, and last season’s MTSU game, I hope see the Canes dominate the Red Hawks for four quarters. I know the game plan might be vanilla on Friday night but I hope the Canes aren’t playing with a close lead lead in the third quarter, playing not to lose.

No reason not to win this game by 28+, even if the game is run-heavy vanilla and Mario wants to bully and maul them.

Advertisement
Back