The UCLA defensive tackle told 2 different...

Advertisement
Did Kyler Murray ever transfer?

Yes, Kyler went to A&M out of high school. Oklahoma now has back to back Heisman winners and both were transfers. Dumbo Fisher is like-
giphy.gif

Advertisement
He isn't gerald willis but i do think he could start
Yeah I think Nesta could make a huge impact this year but we have to make sure he doesn’t have to play every snap. If we can get some quality reps from other guys, it’s a start

Horse****. If he was very good, he would not be transferring.
what kind of asinine logic is that? I know dumb *** things are said on the board all the time but this is even surprising for this board. Transferring has less then zero to do with talent. **** many of the most talented players in the country like Fields , Martell , KJ Osburn have entered the Portal. AND DIAZ OWNS THE PORTAL!

Advertisement
He isn't gerald willis but i do think he could start

Agree. Good 2 gap type of player despite his size (6-1, 290+). Watched some film of him from 2017 - gets off of blocks well, has a nice push (gets good leverage), and shows some pass rushing moves. Real nice rotational guy, imo. Between, him, nasty, bethel, ford and Miller, that's not a bad rotation. Not great, but not bad.

He's better than Odenigbo. Much better. I expect him to start and play heavy snaps.

Massive trunk helps him anchor. Long arms, heavy hands, explosively powerful. Fights across blocks which is a rare skill, has a punch or spin to disengage. Strong, powerful tackler - every tackle is a stop with no yards after contact. Has a knack for finding the ball in traffic and is alert to screens. Good playing temperament - often the first DL in his stance, very physical and pursues to the ball with motor.

It looked like UCLA's scheme asked their DTs to play off blocks and maintain their gap responsibilities. Diaz's defense could unlock his explosive power as he will be more aggressive getting upfield, shooting gaps.

He's actually very similar to Nesta so it will be interesting to see them both on the field at the same time as tone-setters.

Advertisement
Nnoruka will visit this weekend so I'm sure we'll know soon.

UF also offered but they run a 3-4 and it was UCLA installing a 3-4 that drove him away.

Advertisement
He's better than Odenigbo. Much better. I expect him to start and play heavy snaps.

Massive trunk helps him anchor. Long arms, heavy hands, explosively powerful. Fights across blocks which is a rare skill, has a punch or spin to disengage. Strong, powerful tackler - every tackle is a stop with no yards after contact. Has a knack for finding the ball in traffic and is alert to screens. Good playing temperament - often the first DL in his stance, very physical and pursues to the ball with motor.

It looked like UCLA's scheme asked their DTs to play off blocks and maintain their gap responsibilities. Diaz's defense could unlock his explosive power as he will be more aggressive getting upfield, shooting gaps.

He's actually very similar to Nesta so it will be interesting to see them both on the field at the same time as tone-setters.

Kudos on the good analysis of his film. I would prefer other options at DT but at this point it is what is.

Go Canes

This is as good as it gets for a grad transfer stopgap. DT position is hard to evaluate out of HS. There are lots of high-rated busts. We need to recruit better: simple as that.

Paranos prefers 2 star projects from Nova Scotia.

Advertisement
Back