the thread with no title

Imagine that. A writer that knows more about evaluating players better than the head coach and NFL scouts? So I guess NFL scout and former NFL Player Alonzo Highsmith got it all wrong?

Advertisement
Disagree with Omar.

I think he's playing the race card here.

Naw, you're playing the race card... Kelly never liked Shannon... I remember the article on Greg Threat back in 04, when he alluded to the idea that Shannon was playing favorites by benching Threat in favor of Kenny Phillips and Brandon Merriweather... Just because he's black and calling out a coach who just so happens to be white doesnt mean he's playing the race card so please dont resort to that... He brought up Beason who left before his senior which would have been Shannon's first year and he stated this is a similar episode... So come on, please don't resort to playing the race card...

Like I said, I like Golden to but none of Omar points can be refuted unless we win next year and proved that everything was part of a bigger plan...

Not true. Shannon's first year Kelly put up an article comparing Shannon to Coker and how Shannon was more intense, demanding etc. In the srticle he called Coker more of a CEO and Shannon a "Boss" even calling Shannon BossCane in the article.

Last edited:
Disagree with Omar.

I think he's playing the race card here.

Naw, you're playing the race card... Kelly never liked Shannon... I remember the article on Greg Threat back in 04, when he alluded to the idea that Shannon was playing favorites by benching Threat in favor of Kenny Phillips and Brandon Merriweather... Just because he's black and calling out a coach who just so happens to be white doesnt mean he's playing the race card so please dont resort to that... He brought up Beason who left before his senior which would have been Shannon's first year and he stated this is a similar episode... So come on, please don't resort to playing the race card...

Like I said, I like Golden to but none of Omar points can be refuted unless we win next year and proved that everything was part of a bigger plan...

Not true. Shannon's first year Kelly put up an article comparing Shannon to Coker and how Shannon was more intense, demanding etc. In the srticle to called Coker more of a CEO and Shannon a "Boss" even calling Shannon BossCane in the article.
i remember that

I really think Omar is missing the point. One of the biggest things that has put Golden in disbelief is the fact that these kids declared BEFORE getting any type of official feedback from the league with regards to draft projections. To me, that is crazy dumb.

But then again, most of what Omar writes is dumb, so I guess I should have expected him to swing and miss.

Advertisement
Omar Kelly has no use for Randy Shannon going as far back to the 08 season. He has said he sucks on the radio plenty of times.

I also think the fan base is putting a little bit too much blind faith into Golden. Everything looks good but lets let him be in the running for the coastal first before we start comparing him to Jimmy. I wouldn't go back and hire anyone else cause I think his organization off the field, attention to detail and marketing the program bodes well for those skills to translate to on field coaching...but im not ready to fap to every statement he makes either.

We have seen the next best thing fail before too many times. Depending on how you feel about him, you could take a lot of his statements and turn them the other way which I will give him the benefit of the doubt on and wont, but I wont fap to everything that comes out of his mouth either.

Last edited:
I really think Omar is missing the point. One of the biggest things that has put Golden in disbelief is the fact that these kids declared BEFORE getting any type of official feedback from the league with regards to draft projections. To me, that is crazy dumb.

But then again, most of what Omar writes is dumb, so I guess I should have expected him to swing and miss.

This

these kids couldnt get out of here fast enough

some got bad advice, some needed the money, and i truly believe some just didnt want to play for golden.

I say good riddance to one of the biggest groups of overrated, self promoting, big headed canes i have ever seen. Good luck in the NFL, its going to be rough trying to live up to the U standard that guys like Reed and A Johnson put out week after week

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back