the thread with no title

We always seem to have a high number of early departures but also one of the highest graduation rates. I guess the former isn't really impacting the latter, at least to the extent that anyone's concerned?

Advertisement
I would love to see Golden tear Kelly to shreds if Kelly ever tried to confront him on the issues.

Advertisement
We always seem to have a high number of early departures but also one of the highest graduation rates. I guess the former isn't really impacting the latter, at least to the extent that anyone's concerned?

They are not necessarily exclusive. Since kids are at school during the summers, it is entirely possible for them to graduate in 3-3 1/2 years. Plus, keep in mind, that by redshirting you could easily still have done 4-4 1/2 years and still be 'leaving early'. I dont know if that is the case with these kids, but it is certainly possible.

Advertisement
since the title keeps getting changed........this thread now is untitled

Dont be a child.
im not.....im just not a fan of over moderation

You'll probably have to open both.

30.jpg

Advertisement
I would love to see Golden tear Kelly to shreds if Kelly ever tried to confront him on the issues.

It'll never happen. I think Omar Kelly is smart enough to know that he'd get ripped to shreds by Golden in any confrontation regarding anything he said on this. If Omar Kelly isn't smart enough to completely avoid a confrontation with Golden, his bosses will probably be.

Also saying Omar Kelly is a poor man's Jason Whitlock is just wrong. Omar Kelly doesn't even have the potential to reach Whitlock's level as a writer. I don't agree with everything Whitlock says but he has at least made some intelligent points in the past. Omar Kelly is incapable of writing an intelligent point. He has never done it once. He is a regional South Florida sports writer for a reason.

I can't front-I like what Golden is doing...but I actually agree w/most of Omar's points

+1
The only way to prove him wrong is to just win... And Omar Kelly has been critical of the Canes since Coker... He always made his opinion known about Shannon which he didnt like... So it has nothing to do with race... As of right now he brought up some valid points... No need of getting mad... Just win...

Disagree with Omar.

I think he's playing the race card here.

Naw, you're playing the race card... Kelly never liked Shannon... I remember the article on Greg Threat back in 04, when he alluded to the idea that Shannon was playing favorites by benching Threat in favor of Kenny Phillips and Brandon Merriweather... Just because he's black and calling out a coach who just so happens to be white doesnt mean he's playing the race card so please dont resort to that... He brought up Beason who left before his senior which would have been Shannon's first year and he stated this is a similar episode... So come on, please don't resort to playing the race card...

Like I said, I like Golden to but none of Omar points can be refuted unless we win next year and proved that everything was part of a bigger plan...

Advertisement
Disagree with Omar.

Naw, you're playing the race card... Kelly never liked Shannon... I remember the article on Greg Threat back in 04, when he alluded to the idea that Shannon was playing favorites by benching Threat in favor of Kenny Phillips and Brandon Merriweather... Just because he's black and calling out a coach who just so happens to be white doesnt mean he's playing the race card so please dont resort to that... He brought up Beason who left before his senior which would have been Shannon's first year and he stated this is a similar episode... So come on, please don't resort to playing the race card...

Like I said, I like Golden to but none of Omar points can be refuted unless we win next year and proved that everything was part of a bigger plan...

1st, Just because he didn't play the race card with Shannon doesn't mean he has never played it! He defn. played the race card when he tried to make a qb controversy that never really existed.

2nd, A. Highsmith refuted each of his points before he even made them! I'll take Mr. Highsmiths opinion over Omars as he is actually paid to evalute talent.

3rd. I went to HS and college with, and while its hard I have to admit I lost all professional respect for him several years ago when he copied a trolls post on grassy and quoted as fact in one of his blogs ( the fake walt frazier was talking about WW). That episode showed me he is a clown and much closer to Charles Robinson than Jason Whitlock.

Disagree with Omar.

Huh? What does Kelly's thoughts of Shannon or Greg Threat have anything to do with his comments? Nothing.

He is siding with the all black athletes who chose to leave the oppressive rule of the white-man who wants to use them to his advantage, to the disadvantage of their careers or earning potential.

Kelly never liked Shannon so its not a race issue. I dont think he likes Golden but it doesnt seem to have anything to do with him being white. I just think Whitlock genuinely idnt like what Golden said.

Not smart to go off on Golden like that tho. Golden would rip the dude to shreds verbally.

Disagree with Omar.

1st, Just because he didn't play the race card with Shannon doesn't mean he has never played it! He defn. played the race card when he tried to make a qb controversy that never really existed.

2nd, A. Highsmith refuted each of his points before he even made them! I'll take Mr. Highsmiths opinion over Omars as he is actually paid to evalute talent.

3rd. I went to HS and college with, and while its hard I have to admit I lost all professional respect for him several years ago when he copied a trolls post on grassy and quoted as fact in one of his blogs ( the fake walt frazier was talking about WW). That episode showed me he is a clown and much closer to Charles Robinson than Jason Whitlock.

LULZ. What's the full story on this?

Advertisement
Back