The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Agreed. I don’t care how we score, just score and utilize tempo and spacing. Use the entirety of the field, use the South Florida heat to your advantage…I mean there’s so many benefits at our disposal.
Right and playing at a fast tempo gives defenses trouble I think that's really the reason the offense looked good under Lashlee...and playing at a slow pace really makes the offense boring and recruits will not want to play in that

Advertisement
It’s an extremely important hypothetical question. You’re claiming no air raid team has won the championship, but you’re completely ignoring recruiting. The reason no air raid team has won is because Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, and Clemson don't have pure air raid systems. If they did, the results of the last 10-15 years wouldn't change one bit.

So the best coaches who win all the time don't believe in pure air raid systems? Crazy.

I'm not locked into a system but our HC's strength is building an offensive line that rivals anyones in the country. Give me an OC that can maximize that.

That’s all anyone really wants….

That and some really find it important to feel right on a message board…
trying to be objective, it’s just frustration on both sides that boil over on a message board. You’ve got one faction that thinks this is the same ‘ol miami and they’re acting like such. Then you’ve got the other side that is willing to give Mario an actual chance to make changes and eradicate his past stigmas, particularly on offense. That plus an entirely new athletic budget and commitment to football. The lack of patience is nothing new here.

We’ll find out with this hire imo if he’s willing to find a balance on offense. Everyone should want a physical o line and ability to run the ball; if you don’t want the o line he had an Oregon, I’ll just say you’re incompetent. However, that doesn’t mean we have to trot out a boring, ancient offense.

I’ve beaten this like a dead horse, but Tennessee is perfect. They run more than they pass, but they give so many different looks and spread you out with basic, yet effective concepts that give their skill players a chance to make plays. O-line is physical as **** too, and that physicality / tempo wears you down over the course of four quarters.

Advertisement
Agreed. I don’t care how we score, just score and utilize tempo and spacing. Use the entirety of the field, use the South Florida heat to your advantage…I mean there’s so many benefits at our disposal.
You’d think Mario would’ve realized a long time ago pairing up tempo with the kind of lines he creates would absolutely dominate come the end of the game.

Again, Not to reiterate, I like Mario, and wish him nothing but success here. His recruiting is outstanding, but his hiring process is maddening. This is borderline comical. If after all this waiting, we're left with the likes of Arroyo or less, I'll watch next yrs games from home. How in the World can anyone support this type of a process??...

Advertisement
We don’t know that yet. I’m not sure what basis you have at this moment in time beyond just throwing blanket Mario sucks shade. At least wait for the worst case to happen. Nobody knows anything
I was asking because i have read the last 20 or so pages. Nothing new has come out.

I saw some post where it said ruiz liked arroyo and that mario wasnt changing offensive philosophy. Maybe that post was wrong or fake. I have no idea.

It’s an extremely important hypothetical question. You’re claiming no air raid team has won the championship, but you’re completely ignoring recruiting. The reason no air raid team has won is because Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, and Clemson don't have pure air raid systems. If they did, the results of the last 10-15 years wouldn't change one bit.

It’s also not true as a factual matter.

2000 Oklahoma was running a pure Air Raid.

And running it with a noodle armed JUCO QB and a bunch of WRs they converted from DB because they only had a couple of WRs on the roster the year before when they converted to the Air Raid, thanks to the wishbone offense they had been running under Blake.

Advertisement
I don’t care if we play boring football. I care about winning. If we run the ball down people’s throats and still win games I’ll be the same happy camper as I’d be if we were high flying up tempo hitting posts verts and corners for chunks. I just want our OC to match our personnel and WIN. We could be in the god**** flexbone for all I care. GATA. Get us into the ACC championship game.

Again, Not to reiterate, I like Mario, and wish him nothing but success here. His recruiting is outstanding, but his hiring process is maddening. This is borderline comical. If after all this waiting, we're left with the likes of Arroyo or less, I'll watch next yrs games from home. How in the World can anyone support this type of a process??...

At some point, I’d hope Zo and Rad have a come to Jesus meeting with Mario and say “bro, your process is scaring off good candidates”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back