The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

Listened to that yesterday. Bunch of Noles in there but we can't say those points aren't fair and, as of now, Mario has that stigma.

Fornelli (a fellow Italian), on the other hand, is completely wrong and he could've done some fact-checking. The last two OCs not named Gattis who worked under Mario got an HC job, I bet this plus Miami's willingness to pay top money could potentially still attract big-time coordinators.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen anyone outside of CIS mention hartline

He was always getting the OC job at ohio state , so it’s hard to believe we actually tried and missed on him.. where did you see that ?

Ohio State reporter Jeremy Birmingham: "[Miami] has been working for a month and a half to place Gattis... Miami staff was very clearly telling some prospects in South Florida that they believed Brian Hartline was gonna be their next offensive coordinator... players were being told that in December"​

OSU fans say this guy is very reliable and doesn’t make stuff up.

The apparent full court press put on Tommy Rees by Mario either before or after he failed to get Candle wasn't exactly comforting to hear. Not because he struck out there too but because he thought effing Tommy Rees was worth the effort to begin with. Jesu Christo, just go get Major Applewhite if THAT'S what you think is a desirable OC.
Honestly if Tommy Rees is one of the options I’d be relieved to get Marcus Arroyo. Turrible OC that’s drenched in Golden Domer ****

Advertisement
Riley runs an air raid at USC? Thats news to me. He was always a power spread guy.

Idc what you call an offense, just give me the offense that doesn't constantly motion in WRs to the LOS to act as offensive lineman, and an offense that doesn't stand there looking back at their dumbass OC for 45 seconds when they're down by 30, and an offense that has routes for WRs where they aren't all in the same location.

Let's call that the non-dumbass offense. Give me the Non-dumbass offense Mario.

Advertisement
You can trace the Clemson rise to prominence directly to Dabo Swinney's decision to hire Chad Morris from Tulsa in 2011.

Mario needs a similar type hire. I don't mind if he takes his time so long as he gets the right guy; but if this turns into a retread situation, I'm going to start losing faith in his ability to look internally and self-scout the program.

Listened to that yesterday. Bunch of Noles in there but we can't say those points aren't fair and, as of now, Mario has that stigma.

Fornelli, on the other hand, is completely wrong and he could've done some fact-checking. The last two OCs not named Gattis who worked under Mario got an HC job, I bet this plus Miami's willingness to pay top money could potentially still attract big-time coordinators.

If Manny can hire someone like Lashlee when Miami was poor, then Mario for sure can. If he wants to

Advertisement

Ohio State reporter Jeremy Birmingham: "[Miami] has been working for a month and a half to place Gattis... Miami staff was very clearly telling some prospects in South Florida that they believed Brian Hartline was gonna be their next offensive coordinator... players were being told that in December"​

Hartline is an OSU guy through and through. If this is accurate the level of incompetence within our program is so much worse than we thought.

Hartline is an OSU alum who was in line to be their next coordinator. Zero chance he was leaving for any other job, let alone Miami. Guy just turned down a pretty darn solid Cincy HC offer.

Advertisement
I wonder if Chan Gailey still has a house in Miami
Wayyyy OT but I always laugh at every mention of Chan Gailey. I think he lives in Georgia or North Carolina now but the only women's hoops game I've been to in person in my life was with Chan Gailey and then Bill Cowher stopped by for like 15 minutes. Swin Cash put up at least 40 pts and had like 25 rebounds in a championship game against my high school's girls team.

So are we gonna end up with coley or arroyo?

Power spread guysm!!!!! Power spread!!!
Coley was our OC once before and didn't run anything resembling a power spread. I swear, we have literal morons on this site associating OC's no one wants with an offense that Mario runs just because it's convenient. You do know that Arroyo's background is the air raid right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back