The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Lmao but seriously he went to an ny6 bowl 3 out of his 4 years at uf, went 2-1.10-3/11-2 first two years ,in the best conference not the pac-12 lol.

He’s probably a weirdo and mid recruiter but he’s a really good coach and would be a great hire as an OC imo but probably wouldn’t fit with mario philosophy wise or personality wise

Advertisement
I honestly do not want him because I don't think he was ever the play-caller at Clemson during those years. It will be a Josh Gattis situation all over again (who was responsible for the Michigan offense last year?).

"Without further ado, let me put some of these questions and fears to rest: Tony Elliott calls all plays for the Clemson offense. How do I know that? When the two were announced as co-coordinators, Dabo, Scott, and Elliott all said as much in very plain language. On Sunday, Dec. 7th, just days after making the announcement that Scott and Elliott would be co-coordinators, Dabo announced that Tony Elliott would be calling plays. A few days later, in a joint press conference, Elliott discussed how he plans on calling the plays and managing the game. Scott went on to joke that he proposed they divide the play calling duties so that he could call first and second downs and Elliott could call third and fourth downs, but ends by saying that, "We figured this [Tony calling plays] was probably the best way." Tony Elliott was announced as the play caller almost immediately by Dabo. Tony and Jeff have both, consistently, confirmed that Elliott is the one calling the plays. There has been nothing said by anyone directly associated with Clemson to the contrary, so we have every reason to believe that Tony Elliott is the one calling plays for the Clemson Tiger offense. If it's really that straight forward, why has there been so much confusion?"
They both called plays if I remember correctly

Golesh will get NFL OC gigs now if he wants them.

Longo isn’t leaving a Junior Drake Maye given he is arguably the best QB in CFB right now.
He’s at 70% completion with 31 TDs
I doubt he is getting a nfl oc job. Nfl teams don’t run that style of offense

Advertisement
Lmao but seriously he went to an ny6 bowl 3 out of his 4 years at uf, went 2-1.10-3/11-2 first two years ,in the best conference not the pac-12 lol.

He’s probably a weirdo and mid recruiter but he’s a really good coach and would be a great hire as an OC imo but probably wouldn’t fit with mario philosophy wise or personality wise
there we go. Thank you. And plus, the players get to make out with his wife on game days

1667826623257.png

Advertisement
IF Gattis leaves or gets fired, which honestly I do not think either are going to happen:

There have been several names on here that make sense and many that just do not.

#1 Garrett Riley will most likely not take a job in the southeast, not to mention his next stop is probably in a HC role.

The names like Frost, Scott, Mullen all make the most sense if you want a guy with some real experience running good offenses. Even Ruggerio, however this guy has only had real success at Wake and this all has been in recent years.

If your looking for the next up and coming guy, obviously you look at Bryan Ellis at Ga Southern, he's been calling some very prolific offenses, albeit not in the power 5. That's the definition of the next "up and comer" though. Mike Bloesch is another name, but also a guy that will probably end up at a B12 school before he comes to the Southeast.

Advertisement
I think it’s Joe Brady. From what I heard he was interested last go around but more interested in NFL OC job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back