The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been pounding the table for Seth Littrell but something isn’t sitting right with me. How does North Texas play in their conference championship followed by a bowl game and then fire their head coach…. It literally doesn’t add up.

Advertisement
Had dinner with an investor on Tuesday. He’s a Nebraska alum, booster, BOD, as high up as you can be. I brought up the Frost alcohol problems and he said that it’s bull**** and he’s never seen him drink more than two drinks.

He said all the rumors were started by boosters when it was evident that Frost wasn’t a good fit. TFWIW.

Anybody but Marcus Arroyo (Edit: & Coley). For once, I want us to hire an OC that has 1) not recently been fired, 2) is being pursued by other P5 schools, 3) not being pushed out by their school (e.g., Josh Gattis) and 4) has a good reputation in other football circles.
Shark Tank Writing GIF

Advertisement
Had dinner with an investor on Tuesday. He’s a Nebraska alum, booster, BOD, as high up as you can be. I brought up the Frost alcohol problems and he said that it’s bull**** and he’s never seen him drink more than two drinks.

He said all the rumors were started by boosters when it was evident that Frost wasn’t a good fit. TFWIW.
Thanks for sharing this. I was legitimately wondering where the “Frost is an alcoholic” narrative came from and how much truth there is to it.

If anyone took 2 min to do any semblance of research they’d see that Mario actually never hired Arroyo at Oregon. Taggart did and Mario decided to retain him when he took over as full-time HC.
Stop talking with reason. Mario has hired Arroyo 6 times at previous stops and they went to Columbus together that why they’re linked so closely.

Idk what's true and what's false but a lot of those rumors seemed to basically come from 1 media guy (Mike Severe or something) and some random message board threads. That type of "evidence" pales in comparison to the amount of stuff out there about Steve Sarkisian. And even Steve was able to land back on his feet with Alabama.

If Frost's background check clears, I'm not sure how anyone could be against a hire like that. Frost has an elite track record on the offensive side of the ball pre-Nebraska and Nebraska is a cesspool of a program. Would be exciting to watch his offense here.

Advertisement

This would make the most sense. During his stops at Eugene and Orlando, not much was said about his personal life. Then suddenly, in Lincoln, he's a drunk and a hound.

He was a rising star up until he returned to Lincoln.

If anyone took 2 min to do any semblance of research they’d see that Mario actually never hired Arroyo at Oregon. Taggart did and Mario decided to retain him when he took over as full-time HC.
I’m well aware of this. The reason some including myself think Mario will hire Arroyo is because Mario has shown a propensity for familiarity when hiring — see Ponce, Mirabal, Feld, and Salave’a. They worked together at Oregon and he runs the type of offense that Mario likes. Mario went away from the familiar in hiring Gattis and it back fired on him.

Advertisement
Thank you! Very informative. I don’t know how well that would work with Miami offensive personnel. But it’s definitely an option based offense. Run heavy.

With Jacurri at QB and our young OTs, our personnel fit his system very well. His system fits what Mario has been quoted to want on offense.

Advertisement
Cam was god awful at UF. I’m a ball fan so when I was younger I’d go with my best friend out to gator practices and scrimmages a lot. For about ten years. Cam couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn , he was the definition of cheeks. Nobody that ever saw him and Tebow play would have thought Cam was better . It’s comical to even compare at the time. Thats why people were shocked with what Cam did at BJC then Auburn. He improved dramatically.
I wonder if Urban‘s health would have suffered if he knew Cam was the real deal and succeed Tebow at UF.

Cam’s sticky fingers may have radically changed CFB history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back