The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I’m well aware of this. The reason some including myself think Mario will hire Arroyo is because Mario has shown a propensity for familiarity when hiring — see Ponce, Mirabal, Feld, and Salave’a. They worked together at Oregon and he runs the type of offense that Mario likes. Mario went away from the familiar in hiring Gattis and it back fired on him.
on this staff? less than 50% smith steele addae gattis and strong

Can't be,spring practice starts in about a month.
Signing day is Wednesday ... would be nice to shock the world with a huge announcement on Monday ... something to entice Harbor to sign on Wednesday.

Advertisement
Mississippi Queen...must be referring to Lane Kiffin!
were-not-worthy-waynes-world.gif

Thank you! Very informative. I don’t know how well that would work with Miami offensive personnel. But it’s definitely an option based offense. Run heavy.

He's a 2x NC QB who seems well-versed in option and spread offense, as well as zone and gap run-blocking schemes.

He should be capable of running the pro/spread offense that Mario wants, but at the end of the day it's really about talent acquisition and i believe he would help to elevate recruiting at Miami.

Last edited:
I wonder if Urban‘s health would have suffered if he knew Cam was the real deal and succeed Tebow at UF.

Cam’s sticky fingers may have radically changed CFB history.
Urban’s health had more to do with the ongoing off the field than what was happening on the field… Urban needed to leave that **** hole of his marriage was to survive.

I’m well aware of this. The reason some including myself think Mario will hire Arroyo is because Mario has shown a propensity for familiarity when hiring — see Ponce, Mirabal, Feld, and Salave’a. They worked together at Oregon and he runs the type of offense that Mario likes. Mario went away from the familiar in hiring Gattis and it back fired on him.

You are so full of ****. Nearly every Head Coach that moves from one program to another will take some of his coaches with him, that doesn't give every single head coach "a propensity for familiarity when hiring.

Mirabal and Salave'a are the position coaches that came over from Oregon. You're just tossing in Feld to make a longer list, he's an S&C coach, not a position coach.

Advertisement
I know bill o brien dropped from NFL HC to college OC but that was at bama in the coaching rehab program and just feels like the only situation people make that fall

And on top of that, how much is Arizona paying him NOT to coach? It would have to be more than that and for a OC position just seems absurd
KK signed a 5-year extension before the 2022 season, or through 2027. Estimated salary of $5.5M for 2022. Even without escalators the four years left on his contract would have Arizona paying him $20M+.

Unless he feels a need to coach he’ll probably take a TV gig once he returns from his ‘spiritual retreat’ in Thailand.

Any coaching job salary is likely deducted from what Arizona owes him.

Urban’s health had more to do with the ongoing off the field than what was happening on the field… Urban needed to leave that **** hole of his marriage was to survive.
Sure was a coincidence his first post-Tebow team went 8-5, Tressell was forced out in a scandal, and OSU promoted Fickell as an interim HC for one season.

Advertisement
You are so full of ****. Nearly every Head Coach that moves from one program to another will take some of his coaches with him, that doesn't give every single head coach "a propensity for familiarity when hiring.

Mirabal and Salave'a are the position coaches that came over from Oregon. You're just tossing in Feld to make a longer list, he's an S&C coach, not a position coach.
Nothing I said is inaccurate.

Cam was god awful at UF. I’m a ball fan so when I was younger I’d go with my best friend out to gator practices and scrimmages a lot. For about ten years. Cam couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn , he was the definition of cheeks. Nobody that ever saw him and Tebow play would have thought Cam was better . It’s comical to even compare at the time. Thats why people were shocked with what Cam did at BJC then Auburn. He improved dramatically.
Love the new Avatar! Go Birds!

Advertisement
Ok so first of all, including Feld further invalidates your argument. Mirabal is from Miami and one of the best OL coaches in America. Salave'a has questions marks around fit but the entirety of the coaching staff otherwise is net new as far as working with Mario goes.

Idk what's true and what's false but a lot of those rumors seemed to basically come from 1 media guy (Mike Severe or something) and some random message board threads. That type of "evidence" pales in comparison to the amount of stuff out there about Steve Sarkisian. And even Steve was able to land back on his feet with Alabama.

If Frost's background check clears, I'm not sure how anyone could be against a hire like that. Frost has an elite track record on the offensive side of the ball pre-Nebraska and Nebraska is a cesspool of a program. Would be exciting to watch his offense here.
I wouldn’t mind Frosty McVay, he’s not necessarily my personal cup of tea but he is significantly better than Gattless & he at the very least understands the importance of having a viable passing attack in today’s game.

There’s a lot of other options I think would work here, but I wouldn’t expect for Frost to be here for longer than a season anyway, so for a stop-gap hire Frost would be solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back