The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20230124_140827_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
I posted about him last night, just for the fear factor. Here's a few fun facts.

Notre Dame averaged 30 fewer passing yards per game than we did last year. How the fck that's possible, Idk.

I know there's more to an O than the number of run vs pass plays. But.. Rees called 532 run plays vs 338 pass plays.

I'm not sure how sacks are counted when it comes to rush attempts. But even if we just count the run plays called for RB, he still called 400 of them.

By comparison, Gattis called 412 pass plays vs 415 running plays. Of those 415 runs, 284 went to RB.

This board would be in riot mode if we ended up with Rees. I'm talking.. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.

Tommy Rees had far worse QB play than we did and he has 3 RBs better than anyone on our team. I assume that is why he ran the ball. His offense did put up close to 600 yards against South Carolina when he got his QB back.

Reactions: ben
Advertisement
Kittley was born in Abilene, went to Tech, started coaching at Tech for 4-5 years, his dad is the track coach at Tech, and he finally gets a shot to go back home and be the OC and he’s gonna leave after 1 year??

I know money talks but I’d be very surprised. This would be like Mario Cristobal leaving here after 1 season to be the Head Coach at Auburn.

getting offered double your salary for the same work would make anyone think.
Assuming TTU would not match. The guy is 31 years old. A lot of risk coming to Coral Gables right now. He will be a head coach before he is 35.

Any of the OC candidates looking to jump back into a college coaching career would be smart to take the OC job in Miami just to get inroads into the future 5 stars in recruiting.

Advertisement
Only a risk if he doesn’t believe in himself. Hypothetically, if he did come to UM it would most likely speed up his career rather quickly. No offense to TTU.
Miami finished 5-7. You have coordinators at Bama and Georgia even Clemson who will be offered HC jobs within the next 2 years.

Speed up his career? He is 31.

Advertisement
Look at the recruits we have got and what Mario wants. This guy doesn’t fit what he has recruited for. He is more of laslee type guy. I don’t see Mario completely changing directions.

Advertisement
Because he white and Christian Cam Newton was better the whole team knew it and the world saw it when cam Newton played!
I think we all can agree that “ceiling and potential” have nothing to do with being ready to start when landing on campus. You could literally name dozens of household names in football who sat behind somebody when they first got to school… and sat behind someone less talented but had a better grasp of the system.

Theres a $1.8 million budget of reasons why it is possible we snatch a currently successful and currently employed coach to take our OC reins.

including the guy at wake

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back