Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yep. Sorry I missed the move to ODU.
Not a bad pedigree though.
It does seem pretty simple. Go hire someone who scores alot of points with a system that doesn't take long for the players to figure out.

Nah lets try to pry a current HC away from his school after failing to do so last offseason. And for what? Because Mario who doesn't have an offensive system of his own likes Candle's style of offense?

Advertisement
Derail it and get tossed.
@Baba Yaga and @PIPO - those two pavos - no surprise. But @TRick72 as well???

05201085-B69B-44F3-9474-8C4B0F1A3F17.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll throw a different name out there: Kevin Decker, OC/QB at Fordham.

His offense this year ranked 1st in FCS for yds/gm, 2nd in total yds, 2nd in yds/play, 2nd in TDs (and on 2 fewer games than most teams).

They had the top passing offense and 23rd rushing offense. Second best on 3rd down conversions too.

He basically runs Tennessee's system.
id rather get someone from temple

t
Like I said yesterday “ the longer this drags out the less likely it’ll happen“. Friday and even yesterday afternoon things sounded very positive. Yet here we are…..again. At some point Miami will have to move on.
twice in a row with candle? yikes. at some point, do we look at the admin and current staff and say what's wrong with us?

Advertisement
asking an honest question. what is the purpose of closing the thread if there isn't really any news to report? the user experience isn't really affected and the site generates probably more traffic with the derail. as soon as any news breaks, it will get back on topic.

no derail from me!
Who are you to say the “user experience isn’t affected”……. The users who don’t give two shyts about grunge bands/rock and roll were affected. There is off topic spot for threads like that.

My opinion on what Mario might want, just piecing various insider nuggets and bits together:

OC: Candle
Position coach of some kind: Coley
Offensive analyst: Frost

Hang up may yet be Candle wanting different assistants or maybe not wanting to share input with Frost (or vice versa) or it could be completely different and new names nobody's heard yet, and **** at this point even having just typed the above post my money is still on that lol.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back