Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Maybe Mario needs to step aside & just hire search firm.
Needs search firm to place a staff. Needs assistant coach to help out with TO usage & situational awareness. 80 assistant recruiters..

what-would-you-say-you-do-here-interview.gif

Advertisement
Go and say Rees was making $2.4mm at ND some more

Go and say Mullen had a third UM job interview some more.

Kelly pursued Rees last year, offered him $400K more than he was making at ND AT THAT TIME. ND then doubled Rees' salary, that was reported on the ND boards.

Don't get mad, cupcake.

Advertisement
My opinion on what Mario might want, just piecing various insider nuggets and bits together:

OC: Candle
Position coach of some kind: Coley
Offensive analyst: Frost

Hang up may yet be Candle wanting different assistants or maybe not wanting to share input with Frost (or vice versa) or it could be completely different and new names nobody's heard yet, and **** at this point even having just typed the above post my money is still on that lol.
I think that 's the most accurate and reasonable take on this thread.

Pretty sure it will become public at the state institution

Yeah, and I'm not the one claiming that Alabama offered him a raise. That was someone else.

The point is simple, whether Rees was making 2M or 2.4M at ND, it was also stated by ND that they would match whatever Rees was offered (though Rees wanted Alabama more than he wanted a bidding war).

The fact remains, Gattis' $1.8 million salary slot is no longer "Miami can outbid anyone". It's just not.

Advertisement
A stunning turn of events for Miami to hire strong coordinators and then the fan base to be filled with excitement…. the horror!!!
Why are you here? Lol.

I swear some of y’all take it past moping and actively root for chaos and dismay. Moping is fine given the circumstances thus far…but hoping for these disaster scenarios? This is what it looks like.

My biggest gripe is that Mario just went through this a year ago but it seems as if we are starting from scratch

How he doesn’t have a list of coaches he’s interested in updated every few month isequipment?
With the amount of time it took to fire Gattis I don't understand why it seems like we started the process of finding the replacement the day Gattis got fired.
I know that can't be true. I'm sure that process was already started but just seems like it should have been a lot further along given how long it took to fire him.

Two weeks ago you said everything was fine and ppl are being irrational blah blah blah

I’m not freaking out

I’m just saying, it’s becoming apparent that Mario starts with a broad list, but a lot of candidates remove themselves for various reasons

Advertisement
Lmaooo can’t wait for all the fanboys to make it seem like everyone was out of line whenever Mario makes his hires. How hard is it to acknowledge the process isn’t as amazing/thorough as you like to make it seem.
100% fair, and I’ll counter with the duration of the timeline doesn’t directly correlate with ending with trash, just because it did last time. Keep it a buck both ways.

I wasn’t even mad about the timeline due to the Gattis crap; But now I’m irked that he (Mario) refuses to move on from Candle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back