Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmaooo can’t wait for all the fanboys to make it seem like everyone was out of line whenever Mario makes his hires. How hard is it to acknowledge the process isn’t as amazing/thorough as you like to make it seem.
At this point I think there’s like three people that think this though

People like myself that are just being patient are only doing it because the alternative is to just sit around *****ing about it and that got old somewhere around the Golden/Dorito years

It is what it is at this point

Advertisement
The pivot here if/when Mario hires someone who everyone wanted is going to be hilarious
You may be proven right in the end and we would have gotten there by luck and not the process but that’s ok.

I’ll tell you what though, @cway313 - this new violence freedom and mopeyness is pretty cool. Feels good!!!

Scott Hall Football GIF

Mocking Ha Ha GIF by WWE

My way to solve this:
- Steele goes to Bama
- Strong follows Steele to Bama
- You relieve Addae of his duties
- Move DVD to CB
- Hire Aazaar Abdul-Rahim from BC to coach safeties
- Hire Geoff Collins to be DC/LB
- Move Rod Wright off field until he finds a spot
- Hire Chris Rumph from Vikings to coach DE (worked with Collins at UF)
- you’d need another LB staffer but Collins coaches LBs also
Hasn't Rod Wright done a good job? Our edge unit was one of the stronger units, and we recruited well as well (Bain, Wayne, Acheampong).

I’m not freaking out

I’m just saying, it’s becoming apparent that Mario starts with a broad list, but a lot of candidates remove themselves for various reasons

No, you're just the same old clown you've always been. Nothing is "apparent". Unless you are trying to make the ridiculous argument that "serious candidate Mullen" interviewed for the job and then "removed himself for various reasons".

You just don't want to acknowledge that Mario's process involves conversations that are not always meant as job interviews. You want to stomp your feet and tell us how the interviews with "Frost" and "Mullen" mean that Mario is not serious about hiring anyone good. And I'm just as frustrated with Mario's "process" (of which I texted someone earlier "isn't even a PROCESS") as anyone else is. I just don't complain about it nonstop because Mario isn't going to change his approach unless Dan tells him to do so.

The reality has been that he has prioritized Candle more than anyone. For good or bad. I'm not supporting it or defending it, I'm simply being honest that Candle has been in the lead since the outset, and every other conversation has either been a conversation or a "keeping a contingency plan warm" option.

100% fair, and I’ll counter with the duration of the timeline doesn’t directly correlate with ending with trash, just because it did last time.
The issue I have is the ppl labeled “mopers” have no problem when Mario does something right and give him credit for the same. However, the “slupers” are so deep in that they consider any criticism outlandish and “hate for Mario”

You’re right the process may not end in trash but going off last year, we realize taking all these time doesn't guarantee a great hire!

Advertisement
My way to solve this:
- Steele goes to Bama
- Strong follows Steele to Bama
- You relieve Addae of his duties
- Move DVD to CB
- Hire Aazaar Abdul-Rahim from BC to coach safeties
- Hire Geoff Collins to be DC/LB
- Move Rod Wright off field until he finds a spot
- Hire Chris Rumph from Vikings to coach DE (worked with Collins at UF)
- you’d need another LB staffer but Collins coaches LBs also

Not to be a dyck, but y DVD? He was already a CB coach here, and it was widely known the room didn’t respect him b/c he tried to be too much of a pal.

Advertisement
I know you’ve been on this thread and I know you seen the answers before, so I’m not sure what part of there is literally no way they’re going to hire Scott Frost as an offensive coordinator after just firing Josh Gattis for cause when Scott Frost has both alcohol issues in his very recent past as well as rumors of other dalliances. That could be a kin to with Josh is accused of. The best you’re gonna get for frost if anything is a redemption play and it will not be at that level.

You can keep asking this question like you’re ignorant or you could stop being your typical redundant self
Nothing but conjecture in this post here. If anyone has any actual information I'd love to hear it. Carry on.

Advertisement
At this point I think there’s like three people that think this though

People like myself that are just being patient are only doing it because the alternative is to just sit around *****ing about it and that got old somewhere around the Golden/Dorito years

It is what it is at this point

That's the truth.

I've been saying for months that Dan needs to set deadlines and benchmarks. Last year would be understandable in that we had a brand new AD and a lot of transition in the support staff.

This year, there is no such storyline.

I've said it before, with one exception, every coordinator that Mario has hired at FIU and Oregon has either lasted 1 year or 2 years. We can't go through this time-consuming process every year or every two years.

It's time to put former teammates Randy Shannon and Mario Cristobal in a room together, so that Randy can tell Mario how this same basic approach (controlling, lack of trust, paranoia, etc.) ruined Randy's head coaching career.

No, you're just the same old clown you've always been. Nothing is "apparent". Unless you are trying to make the ridiculous argument that "serious candidate Mullen" interviewed for the job and then "removed himself for various reasons".

You just don't want to acknowledge that Mario's process involves conversations that are not always meant as job interviews. You want to stomp your feet and tell us how the interviews with "Frost" and "Mullen" mean that Mario is not serious about hiring anyone good. And I'm just as frustrated with Mario's "process" (of which I texted someone earlier "isn't even a PROCESS") as anyone else is. I just don't complain about it nonstop because Mario isn't going to change his approach unless Dan tells him to do so.

The reality has been that he has prioritized Candle more than anyone. For good or bad. I'm not supporting it or defending it, I'm simply being honest that Candle has been in the lead since the outset, and every other conversation has either been a conversation or a "keeping a contingency plan warm" option.

Once again you’re making stuff up and trying to quote me on stuff that I never said

I dont constantly complain about the process. Anyone with half a brain would be foolish to not acknowledge that whatever methodology Mario uses to make his hires, puts Miami at a disadvantage

You cannot deny that

Advertisement
I have no issue with the radio silence when it comes to names being rumored. I have major problems with how long this thing takes. It took 3 months to fire Gattis, WTH, I can't believe it would have had any negative impact on recruiting, it probably would have helped to delay it that much. Now we have two coordinators to hire, this will be forever. I would joke and say well they will be in place by the spring game but I'm not giving Mario that much credit.

That's the truth.

I've been saying for months that Dan needs to set deadlines and benchmarks. Last year would be understandable in that we had a brand new AD and a lot of transition in the support staff.

This year, there is no such storyline.

I've said it before, with one exception, every coordinator that Mario has hired at FIU and Oregon has either lasted 1 year or 2 years. We can't go through this time-consuming process every year or every two years.

It's time to put former teammates Randy Shannon and Mario Cristobal in a room together, so that Randy can tell Mario how this same basic approach (controlling, lack of trust, paranoia, etc.) ruined Randy's head coaching career.
Agreed. Last year was a lot for anyone to walk in on. Mario was dealing with family issues, still walked in a flat out saved our recruiting class.

Not making excuses but it had to overwhelming walking into the **** show that we were.

Fast forward to now and I’m just not sure if he’s adapting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back