The most important factor in this game...

Advertisement
So if GT can run all over us it's not looking good for this Saturday. FSU 94th in the nation in rushing but when has that ever stopped us from preventing a **** unit dominate?

All I know Is our passing offense dramatically decreased the last 3 games,let’s see what Jarren does at the helm again because he was off to a good start

One thing we should have learned when Jarren was replaced by Perry and then back again to Jarren is......our problem is NOT the QB

A good OC plays and adjusts to his players' strengths and masks his players' or units weaknesses

Enos has delusionally done neither while here.

He may by a great OC when all the offensive parts are there.....but he's been exposed as someone who cannot or just will not adjust or compensate to the reality of having a below average parts (Our OL).

I expect an exciting game ....because if we've proven anything this year ......it's that we cannot afford to count any team out...especially if we continue underperforming on offense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good points and nice write up but it sounds like we are a 17+ point dog after I read this. This game is Miami +3 and should be evenly matched
I didn't say we were going to get blown out & I didn't even say we were going to lose...

I said in order for us to win, the Defense is going to have to win it for us because I have zero expectations that our offense will exploit FSU's secondary the same way every other offense has.

We win if the Defense creates turnovers, brings pressure & tackles, if we have to rely on the offense to win it's a no go.

And point spreads mean absolutely nothing in rivalry games.

I'll be shocked if our Big 10 Al Golden linebackers are able to hold their own vs Akers in the open field.

Times like this it would be nice if Mandy could've landed and prepared some speedy athletes at this position.
My Pops always said, "Boy, if a dog had a square ******* it would sh!! bricks."

**** the Ying Yang Twins, they ain't ****
They ain't ridin' on dubs, they ain't ****
They got them golds in their mouth, but they ain't ****
They ain't ****, they ain't ****

Advertisement
I didn't say we were going to get blown out & I didn't even say we were going to lose...

I said in order for us to win, the Defense is going to have to win it for us because I have zero expectations that our offense will exploit FSU's secondary the same way every other offense has.

We win if the Defense creates turnovers, brings pressure & tackles, if we have to rely on the offense to win it's a no go.

And point spreads mean absolutely nothing in rivalry games.
Always love your stuff but I have questions about breaking tackles. Does it count as a broken tackle when the defender doesn't actually touch the runner? Almost touching seems to be our current style of play.

All I know Is our passing offense dramatically decreased the last 3 games,let’s see what Jarren does at the helm again because he was off to a good start
Please stop telling people what they don't want to hear brock. N'kosi has cost himself millions coming to Miami because otherwise he'd be a number one draft pick and heisman winner, our offense has all the parts it needs, we just so happened to have the one OC in the country that can't put it all together.

Nobody wants to hear how having a QB that can't move off his first read and regularly misses throws combined with an OL that can't run or pass block as an excuse.

GT is a average rushing team, gashed us in the second half and held the ball forever.
Pitt is an awful rushing team and ran up and down the field on us on the second half.

That's concerning, especially because they will be our first opponent that plays with tempo.

Advertisement
We carved up UNC's and VT's defenses, shouldn't be surprised to see us carve up FSU. Just finish the ******* drives, offense.
Taggert said this week that their D is getting much more aggressive. Guess we'll find out.

Taggert said this week that their D is getting much more aggressive. Guess we'll find out.
They're up there in sacks. Something like top 15 nation in the nation. Hoping Jarren's ability to run the RPO effectively somewhat neutralizes them. We need to avoid second/third and longs like the plague. Really can't afford negative yardage plays on first down.

The most important factor in this game for us IMO will be tackling.

Cam Akers LEADS all of FBS in Broken Tackles & we have had an issue with our tackling all season long, including a horrendous 29 missed tackles in the GTech debacle. We simply cannot afford to have a repeat performance of that game vs a much more talented & highly motivated FSU team.

Their Offense has been the only thing that has kept them alive this season, they average 29.4 ppg & 417yds of total yards per game, plus Cam Akers is 10th in the nation in rushing with 917yds & 12TD's at 5.3ypc. UVA & Clemson were the only 2 games in which he was shut down.

I have ZERO expectations for our Offenses this game, their Defense is complete trash but can be disruptive on the interior with Marvin Wilson, which means Donaldson & Clark are going to have a long day... And of course Zion, is gonna Zion.

The only way we win this game IMO is if our Defense plays it's best game & shuts them down, the only advantage we have is our DL vs their OL, other than that I don't see many advantages for us. I hope Rousseau, Hill, Ford, Garvin, Nesta & Bethel all play their absolute best game & wreak havoc all day, otherwise we'll struggle mightily dealing with this Offense. Simply put, on Defense we have to bring immense pressure & we must wrap up & TACKLE.

Defense is gonna have to put this game on their back forcing turnovers & getting in the backfield all game, because I know our Offense is going to be playing super conservative safe ball & not attacking FSU's garbage Defense in the same way that everybody else has. Bryan Harsin/Zak Hill layed out the perfect blueprint to dice them up, but I do not under circumstances whatsoever expect Enos to use any of that.

Boise St with a True Freshman QB & an offense full of 3-star Moutain West players put up 621yds (407yds through the air) on FSU's Defense. Louisiana Monroe put up 419yds total on FSU, LOUISIANA MONROE... NOT LSU, LOUISIANA MONROE FROM THE SUN BELT (How many 4/5-star you think they got???). UVA put up 415yds total on FSU with 295yds through the air. Even Louisville put up 410yds (286yds through the air) on FSU & Wake Forest put 424yds (308yds through the air), Clemson also carved'em up but no need to include them because they're in another stratosphere.

The point is, just about every team they've played has figured out a way to put up big yards on their terrible Defense, so you know what Enos is gonna do? The exact opposite lol.

Cam had 46yards rushing against us last year. I may be wrong but aren't we better this year statistically against the run? I'm not worried about their running game. I'm worried more about the refs and our DB's. We should blow away their sorry D but we always seem to keeps these games close.

Advertisement
Garvin & Rousseau need to plant Blackmon & Akers in the sod right out of the box. Time for Jeff Thomas to finally have a big day.

LETS GO CANES! :stormwarningflag-sm::stormwarningflag-sm:

Cam had 46yards rushing against us last year. I may be wrong but aren't we better this year statistically against the run? I'm not worried about their running game. I'm worried more about the refs and our DB's. We should blow away their sorry D but we always seem to keeps these games close.

Their running game was historically bad last year. The performance last year had a lot more to do with FSU being as bad as humanly possible against every team they played than it did with Miami being dominant.

Miami's run defense has been better this year, but FSU's running game has gotten better as well. It's gone from "literally the worst anyone has ever seen" (and that's not a joke) to "not the absolute worst, but not good". Add in the fact that Akers is excellent, and Miami really has to ensure they stop the run on Saturday.

The most important factor in this game for us IMO will be tackling.

Cam Akers LEADS all of FBS in Broken Tackles & we have had an issue with our tackling all season long, including a horrendous 29 missed tackles in the GTech debacle. We simply cannot afford to have a repeat performance of that game vs a much more talented & highly motivated FSU team.

Their Offense has been the only thing that has kept them alive this season, they average 29.4 ppg & 417yds of total yards per game, plus Cam Akers is 10th in the nation in rushing with 917yds & 12TD's at 5.3ypc. UVA & Clemson were the only 2 games in which he was shut down.

I have ZERO expectations for our Offenses this game, their Defense is complete trash but can be disruptive on the interior with Marvin Wilson, which means Donaldson & Clark are going to have a long day... And of course Zion, is gonna Zion.

The only way we win this game IMO is if our Defense plays it's best game & shuts them down, the only advantage we have is our DL vs their OL, other than that I don't see many advantages for us. I hope Rousseau, Hill, Ford, Garvin, Nesta & Bethel all play their absolute best game & wreak havoc all day, otherwise we'll struggle mightily dealing with this Offense. Simply put, on Defense we have to bring immense pressure & we must wrap up & TACKLE.

Defense is gonna have to put this game on their back forcing turnovers & getting in the backfield all game, because I know our Offense is going to be playing super conservative safe ball & not attacking FSU's garbage Defense in the same way that everybody else has. Bryan Harsin/Zak Hill layed out the perfect blueprint to dice them up, but I do not under circumstances whatsoever expect Enos to use any of that.

Boise St with a True Freshman QB & an offense full of 3-star Moutain West players put up 621yds (407yds through the air) on FSU's Defense. Louisiana Monroe put up 419yds total on FSU, LOUISIANA MONROE... NOT LSU, LOUISIANA MONROE FROM THE SUN BELT (How many 4/5-star you think they got???). UVA put up 415yds total on FSU with 295yds through the air. Even Louisville put up 410yds (286yds through the air) on FSU & Wake Forest put 424yds (308yds through the air), Clemson also carved'em up but no need to include them because they're in another stratosphere.

The point is, just about every team they've played has figured out a way to put up big yards on their terrible Defense, so you know what Enos is gonna do? The exact opposite lol.

Post is spot on, this is not a good matchup for our defense, this kid may have a career day on Saturday the way we tackle.

We need a couple of Jarren's famous "Dink and Dunks" to get housed. We need our playmakers to win us this game. We cannot depend on long drives because we simply are not good at finishing.

That said I put 1k on Miami cuz F*CK the Noles. Our Defense needs to hold them under 21.

Advertisement
Back