The most important factor in this game...

I don't think those 2 games are indicative of how this offense performs on a regular basis.

FSU's Defense is awful against the Pass, which means you can guarantee Enos is gonna try to run the ball the majority of the game. He doesn't really believe in a pass heavy attack.

This offense doesn't carve teams up enough for anybody to be confident they're going to do it in rivalry game on the road.
We dont run the ball nearly enough on offense.

Advertisement
I don't think those 2 games are indicative of how this offense performs on a regular basis.

FSU's Defense is awful against the Pass, which means you can guarantee Enos is gonna try to run the ball the majority of the game. He doesn't really believe in a pass heavy attack.

This offense doesn't carve teams up enough for anybody to be confident they're going to do it in rivalry game on the road.

Why don't you think it's indicative?

We aren't really sure when Jarren got hurt but he performed well enough for us to score at least 24 against UF. We had 500 yards of offense against UNC and should have scored around 30. We had 600 against BCU.

Last edited:
That Defense has significant holes in it & every halfway decent OC has exploited it, I'm interested to see how Enos figures out a way to play right into their hands.

He'll be the only one that doesn't carve'em up this season lol.

Yeah, but weren’t the Boise and ULM games before they brought Leavitt in to “consult” on D?

Has his input made a noticeable difference since then?

Advertisement
FSU’s OL has been a total trashpit longer than ours. Yet they’re suddenly performing respectably with a good OC.

Our fans have been giving our ****** offensive coaches a break by blaming our woes on lack of OL talent.

Florida State is 118th in the nation in sacks allowed. That GOOD OC has them at a very respectable(? lol) 78th in the nation in yards per play.

Man, Florida State stinks and their players stink. Don't try and wrap your mind around the idea that Miami's players might actually be good despite being historically terrible. Yeah man, the coaches stink. But so do these players on the offensive line right now. They are having a historically bad season to this point and thats on everyone. We're starting a two star freshman and a low three star freshman on the offensive line right now. That doesn't happen because those players are diamonds in the rough...that happens because everyone else stinks and those two have had their fair share of very stinky play, too.

But none of that **** matters. Go in and beat the ******* snot out of an equally garbage Florida State team now. Maybe for one day they could not stink and we might not coach as bad as the other guy. Would salvage our otherwise miserable season. Maybe Manny and Enos turn the ship in the right direction after they drop 62 on these soft bois and concuss another Florida State QB and take years off his life. Or maybe we are bustas again.

Their DL is not very good and Akers will do what he has done the last two years...nothing of importance.
That’s the thing our OL makes bad Dlines look great so I expect JW to be under pressure. Akers still has potential and explosive ability to gash us and we get gashed since Diaz has been here. If we don’t set the edge he will eat trust me. Akers best days are ahead of him in the nfl possibly because the support at FSU is like UM non existent.....same like Jeff Thomas u put him somewhere like KC he will eat

Advertisement

The most important factor in this game for us IMO will be tackling.

Cam Akers LEADS all of FBS in Broken Tackles & we have had an issue with our tackling all season long, including a horrendous 29 missed tackles in the GTech debacle. We simply cannot afford to have a repeat performance of that game vs a much more talented & highly motivated FSU team.

Their Offense has been the only thing that has kept them alive this season, they average 29.4 ppg & 417yds of total yards per game, plus Cam Akers is 10th in the nation in rushing with 917yds & 12TD's at 5.3ypc. UVA & Clemson were the only 2 games in which he was shut down.

I have ZERO expectations for our Offenses this game, their Defense is complete trash but can be disruptive on the interior with Marvin Wilson, which means Donaldson & Clark are going to have a long day... And of course Zion, is gonna Zion.

The only way we win this game IMO is if our Defense plays it's best game & shuts them down, the only advantage we have is our DL vs their OL, other than that I don't see many advantages for us. I hope Rousseau, Hill, Ford, Garvin, Nesta & Bethel all play their absolute best game & wreak havoc all day, otherwise we'll struggle mightily dealing with this Offense. Simply put, on Defense we have to bring immense pressure & we must wrap up & TACKLE.

Defense is gonna have to put this game on their back forcing turnovers & getting in the backfield all game, because I know our Offense is going to be playing super conservative safe ball & not attacking FSU's garbage Defense in the same way that everybody else has. Bryan Harsin/Zak Hill layed out the perfect blueprint to dice them up, but I do not under circumstances whatsoever expect Enos to use any of that.

Boise St with a True Freshman QB & an offense full of 3-star Moutain West players put up 621yds (407yds through the air) on FSU's Defense. Louisiana Monroe put up 419yds total on FSU, LOUISIANA MONROE... NOT LSU, LOUISIANA MONROE FROM THE SUN BELT (How many 4/5-star you think they got???). UVA put up 415yds total on FSU with 295yds through the air. Even Louisville put up 410yds (286yds through the air) on FSU & Wake Forest put 424yds (308yds through the air), Clemson also carved'em up but no need to include them because they're in another stratosphere.

The point is, just about every team they've played has figured out a way to put up big yards on their terrible Defense, so you know what Enos is gonna do? The exact opposite lol.

We DEAD... 😬😬😬.. Our D-line should be able to man handle their o-line, our Safety’s are sometimee, Striker is solid and the Linebackers are just questionable...
We need Jaquan Johnson to give the speech and be on the sidelines in shaq and 56 nighttime CHEST ..... It’s their last go round...

Thankfully our wefense (DEs not getting upfield to sack the QB) will help to limit running lanes & stop Akers (who is a very good RB).

Tackle...really wrap him up with good form tackling (no putting a shoulder in) and gang tackle & we'll be alright (on D at least). Stop Akers before he gets rolling & bounces runs outside.

Terrible is this lol....
182 passing yards vs uva
188 passing yards vs ga tech
104 passing yards vs Pitt

Miami loses to UVa if Jarren was the QB. He would have never got a pass off against them.

And Nkosi was playing injured for 6 quarters against GaTech and Pitt. He scored 3 TDs in the 1st half before getting injured the 1st drive of the 3rd quarter. NKosi obviously wins both games fully healthy.

We lost to UNC, VaTech, and GaTech bc of Jarren, he is 1-3 in the Coastal.🤦‍♂️

Miami loses to UVa if Jarren was the QB. He would have never got a pass off against them.

And Nkosi was playing injured for 6 quarters against GaTech and Pitt. He scored 3 TDs in the 1st half before getting injured the 1st drive of the 3rd quarter. NKosi obviously wins both games fully healthy.

We lost to UNC, VaTech, and GaTech bc of Jarren, he is 1-3 in the Coastal.🤦‍♂️

You are insane.

Advertisement
Florida State is 118th in the nation in sacks allowed. That GOOD OC has them at a very respectable(? lol) 78th in the nation in yards per play.

Man, Florida State stinks and their players stink. Don't try and wrap your mind around the idea that Miami's players might actually be good despite being historically terrible. Yeah man, the coaches stink. But so do these players on the offensive line right now. They are having a historically bad season to this point and thats on everyone. We're starting a two star freshman and a low three star freshman on the offensive line right now. That doesn't happen because those players are diamonds in the rough...that happens because everyone else stinks and those two have had their fair share of very stinky play, too.

But none of that **** matters. Go in and beat the ******* snot out of an equally garbage Florida State team now. Maybe for one day they could not stink and we might not coach as bad as the other guy. Would salvage our otherwise miserable season. Maybe Manny and Enos turn the ship in the right direction after they drop 62 on these soft bois and concuss another Florida State QB and take years off his life. Or maybe we are bustas again.
More stat games and cherry picking. Watch the games. FSU is playing well offensively right now and has gotten better aside from the Clemson game. And Clemson pretty much doesn’t count at this point, as they’re on a completely different level than the rest of the garbage in the ACC.

More stat games and cherry picking. Watch the games. FSU is playing well offensively right now and has gotten better aside from the Clemson game. And Clemson pretty much doesn’t count at this point, as they’re on a completely different level than the rest of the garbage in the ACC.

They're absolutely, positively better than they were last year. Not even a question, although truthfully, how could you be worse?

But they're not exactly good. They're pretty much Miami offensively, except they can actually finish drives in the redzone. They're 21st in redzone TD%, Miami is 113th. That's really been the difference. Oh, and their FG kicker isn't basically a paraplegic like Miami's have been.

But they have 19 TDs in 26 redzone trips. Miami has 14 TDs in 29 redzone trips (makes me queasy just to type that).

Now, a lot of that has to do with coaching. So I'm not disagreeing with you at all, they are better for sure, but they're still not very good and really can't be with how poor that line still is. Briles is a legit coach though, as anyone with a brain would agree with.

@Liberty City El is 10000% correct though and I've been saying it all week. Akers is clearly the engine of that offense, and he's going to get the ball close to 30 times. FSU is still in the bottom 15% in the P5 of yards gained before first contact, so they're not getting him much....what he's getting, he's getting because he's leading the nation in broken tackles. He will break some against Miami. But it's imperative that they limit him to a small number, and the ones he does break are at least enough to slow him down and Miami is pursuing full-speed to the football. If he's breaking tackles where he's barely even slowed up in the open field, it's gonna be a long day for Miami's defense. Get the kid on the ground and FSU's offense is very average.

Last edited:

Cam Akers LEADS all of FBS in Broken Tackles & we have had an issue with our tackling all season long, including a horrendous 29 missed tackles in the GTech debacle. We simply cannot afford to have a repeat performance of that game vs a much more talented & highly motivated FSU team.

Their Offense has been the only thing that has kept them alive this season, they average 29.4 ppg & 417yds of total yards per game, plus Cam Akers is 10th in the nation in rushing with 917yds & 12TD's at 5.3ypc. UVA & Clemson were the only 2 games in which he was shut down.

I have ZERO expectations for our Offenses this game, their Defense is complete trash but can be disruptive on the interior with Marvin Wilson, which means Donaldson & Clark are going to have a long day... And of course Zion, is gonna Zion.

The only way we win this game IMO is if our Defense plays it's best game & shuts them down, the only advantage we have is our DL vs their OL, other than that I don't see many advantages for us. I hope Rousseau, Hill, Ford, Garvin, Nesta & Bethel all play their absolute best game & wreak havoc all day, otherwise we'll struggle mightily dealing with this Offense. Simply put, on Defense we have to bring immense pressure & we must wrap up & TACKLE.

Defense is gonna have to put this game on their back forcing turnovers & getting in the backfield all game, because I know our Offense is going to be playing super conservative safe ball & not attacking FSU's garbage Defense in the same way that everybody else has. Bryan Harsin/Zak Hill layed out the perfect blueprint to dice them up, but I do not under circumstances whatsoever expect Enos to use any of that.

Boise St with a True Freshman QB & an offense full of 3-star Moutain West players put up 621yds (407yds through the air) on FSU's Defense. Louisiana Monroe put up 419yds total on FSU, LOUISIANA MONROE... NOT LSU, LOUISIANA MONROE FROM THE SUN BELT (How many 4/5-star you think they got???). UVA put up 415yds total on FSU with 295yds through the air. Even Louisville put up 410yds (286yds through the air) on FSU & Wake Forest put 424yds (308yds through the air), Clemson also carved'em up but no need to include them because they're in another stratosphere.

The point is, just about every team they've played has figured out a way to put up big yards on their terrible Defense, so you know what Enos is gonna do? The exact opposite lol.

As long as Enos plays anal retentive on offense, we won't put up a lot.

Advertisement
Big facts Chise!

Boise St put on a fckin clinic vs that Swiss cheese Defense with over 600yds, 40 minutes in Time of Possesion & actually ran a total of 108 plays vs them. They completely boat raced them boys & had them grasping for the oxygen tank all game.

Even ULM killed them with tempo & forced that Defense to stay on the field all day with 45 minutes plus of possesion. That Defense has significant holes in it & every halfway decent OC has exploited it, I'm interested to see how Enos figures out a way to play right into their hands.

He'll be the only one that doesn't carve'em up this season lol.
This is a post you archive for when all the idiots say FSU defense is better than the stats suggest while they’re throttling Enos and his unimaginative scheme

You're better than this.

Stop it.

I have watched the games. Multiple. They ******* stink. Beat by Wake. Dog fight against Louisville. Lost to UVA. Dog fight against UL-Monroe.

FSU is playing "pretty well offensively right now"...season average 5.4 yards per play. Last three games 5.1 yards per play. That includes 6.0 yards per play versus Syracuse. Brother, they are ******* trash.

If we can't beat these jabronis on Saturday, leave the entire staff and select players on the tarmac.

Good points and nice write up but it sounds like we are a 17+ point dog after I read this. This game is Miami +3 and should be evenly matched

Advertisement
Back