Spring The Mario Era begins: Spring PractiSe #1

Thad Franklin is gonna LOVE playing for Mario!

He’s the exact kinda of back he likes, a big bodied Rhino that will wear Defenses down in the 4th quarter.

One of my first reactions when Mario was hired was that it was Franklin's birthday, one of my first reactions when Gattis was hired was it was Knighton's birthday. I've never liked the Thunder and Lightning phrase ever since they called Javaris James and Graig Cooper that. But we may actually see Franklin and Knighton being used that way correctly in 2022.

Advertisement
This makes it NO better lol so the actual question is "how much did it enter your mind?" how TF do you even answer that? IDK Manny it penetrated my cerebral cortex roughly 2.3 inches.
the dumb *** dude post AGAIN..basically doubling down because ITS THE SAME SH*T. Why are you asking a true freshman who is 1 play away from playing why he isnt in the portal?.

I don’t mind the question at all.

What made us great was players not afraid of competition, who knew that if they slacked, someone else on Greentree would grab the opportunity and never let go.

That’s how we had McGahee, Portis and Gore on the same roster, or Testaverde and Kosar. I don’t care if Manny said “Why the F are you still here?”, it’s a **** good question… and answered **** well by a future Cane superstar.
It was a TERRIBLE question. Ask about "competition"...not about transferring and why are you here?. Its even more dumb because he plays qb. Every where he goes there will be another one unless Manny planned on him transferring to St Thomas U which wouldve been his follow up question

Where’s CJ now? Would LOVE for him to be on this staff. Him and Solindger are my favorite coaches.
Sarge was the best. Dude taught me so much about life & the way to approach it, how it relates to your approach to football as well. No clue where cj is now. I'll reach out and see. Curtis was severe ocd. I'd always swear that. Lol

Advertisement
One of my first reactions when Mario was hired was that it was Franklin's birthday, one of my first reactions when Gattis was hired was it was Knighton's birthday. I've never liked the Thunder and Lightning phrase ever since they called Javaris James and Graig Cooper that. But we may actually see Franklin and Knighton being used that way correctly in 2022.
I’m with you completely

I know our WR group is deep but with Gattis not only what you said, but Mallory and Arroyo come to mind as well. I think we’ve been a bit frustrated at the lack of utilizing both TEs but I don’t see that being an issue with Gattis

Advertisement
Literally asking the guy why don’t you go ahead and transfer. God I dislike the fūck out of that fat boob motherfūcker.
Awful question. If it must be asked, why not at least frame the question as a positive, as in,
'Jake in today's college football of the transfer portal and players avoiding competition, what factors brought you back to UM'?

Make the kid feel good about what he did. So, so, so many reporters simply do not know how to ask questions.

Is this moron trying to get our back up qb to leave. Quite possibly the worst media around
It's not his job to help the University. He isn't an University employee. He asked a question that likely is one a lot of people have asked. One can wonder why he chose to phrase it like that, but honestly, we are playing with semantics at that point. Players are now transferring earlier, especially QBs, who know they aren't playing anytime soon. Garcia at best may be the starter in 2023, if TVD balls out and decides to come back for another year, then he's waiting for 2024.

It's not his job to help the University. He isn't an University employee. He asked a question that likely is one a lot of people have asked. One can wonder why he chose to phrase it like that, but honestly, we are playing with semantics at that point. Players are now transferring earlier, especially QBs, who know they aren't playing anytime soon. Garcia at best may be the starter in 2023, if TVD balls out and decides to come back for another year, then he's waiting for 2024.
I get all that and I agree. It’s day 1 let the kids practice and leave that stuff for later. It’s nice to hear Jake understands competition and is here for the long run hopefully.

Other teams have loaded qb rooms why can’t we

Advertisement
"Hey Navarro, up here!" (yells from top of parking deck)

3OdMzV.gif

Man, motherfvgg Manny Navarro. He didn't "shorten the question", he completely changed its meaning and context.

The actual rambling question was something like "how much did it enter your mind", and then he "shortened" it to "why are you still here".

Fvgg this "journalist".

I personally would have phrased it -- ''after all the moving you've done recently, did you just want to settle in a bit at Miami?"

And then expand the conversation from there. I believe you get better answers that way and can actually build a solid relationship with Garcia that way."

Advertisement
Listen mfers.
I don’t know if you guys realize what this man just did today.

This is a man who sits down with all these young men and their families and says “I want to build a family. I want to be there for your son”.
All these kids talk that sht about other coaches “keeping it reall”.

This man should’ve been putting on a suit and getting a speech ready.
But since life does not follow timelines or schedules, momma Cristobal passed and the funeral is today.
The same **** day as the 1st day of spring practice as the new coach.

Did he nut up?
Did he say “the players will understand if I’m not there”
And you know what?!! If he didn’t go to practice I’m sure they would’ve understood. ****, everyone on here would’ve understood.

But nah.
He made a commitment and a promise to these young men and their families.
And you know god **** well they saw that he was there for them. He was there to say “I told you I would fckng be here” “I told
You things we’re gonna be different”.

This how dudes get in line. This is how you gain respect. This how when he screams and berates you it’s cause he means it and he wants the best for you. Anyone can scream and scare you into doing something cause they’re in power. This man means it.

Dude should be with his momma man.
And he came out here for them.
That’s a bond that’s loyalty.
People use tue term “run through a wall”
I’m sure they saw him there this AM and they were like holy sht this man literally walks like he talks.

And you know all those sour pusses in Eugene see what just happened and realize that not only was his mom really sick but that they lost a mfing G!!!!

that's the mark of true leadership, right there. And part of that is making sacrifices that other arent expected to make.

Sarge was the best. Dude taught me so much about life & the way to approach it, how it relates to your approach to football as well. No clue where cj is now. I'll reach out and see. Curtis was severe ocd. I'd always swear that. Lol

Everyone needs a Soldinger-type in their life, whether it's a coach, a teacher, an older friend, etc.

When Coker scapegoated him, it was a dark day for UM football

It’s a drill that’s designed to help your transitional footwork as a Corner when you’re covering breaks.

A lot of CB’s don’t know how to properly stop their feet against Out/Digs, comebacks & double move routes it’s basically a muscle memory drill that gets you more aware of when the WR makes sharp breaks or peels from their stems.

and to do it while staying in balance and correct body position.

i use this rhyme for coaching not just QB's but across positions, and with lacrosse and skiing for a whole host of movements and skiils

"every good player knows, ...belly button over toes!"

think about what that says for being in the athletic position where your midsection, chest, and head are all aligned with the balls of your feet, and you'll get it.

Advertisement
Back