The Bank (7/26)

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Here is the latest as we head into a big July cookout with the 2025 and 2026 classes:

- The staff is zeroing in on WR Jaime Ffrench (Jacksonville). He's at LSU now and likes Texas, but he's in Miami this weekend and the team is going to make a huge push. He is a huge priority player and would be a headliner in this class. As we've been reporting for a few weeks now, communication continues to pick up here.

- DE Iose Epenesa (Edwardsville, IL) is the other big name to watch. The...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Ffrench would be amazing I just don’t know if right now we are beating TX in a head to head.

I wish we would take a second RB in Louis because we will always have attrition each season.

I wish Epenesa would commit prior to the season his personality doesn’t seem like he needs some grand reveal and if it’s Utah their HC is on his way out.

Here is the latest as we head into a big July cookout with the 2025 and 2026 classes:

- The staff is zeroing in on WR Jaime Ffrench (Jacksonville). He's at LSU now and likes Texas, but he's in Miami this weekend and the team is going to make a huge push. He is a huge priority player and would be a headliner in this class. As we've been reporting for a few weeks now, communication continues to pick up here.

- DE Iose Epenesa (Edwardsville, IL) is the other big name to watch. The two schools with the most buzz are Miami and Utah but he doesn't seem any closer to a decision. However, he plays it pretty close to the vest.

- Two names that are re-emerging as options: RB Byron Louis (American Heritage) and DB Bryce Fitzgerald (Columbus). My info has been pretty consistent that we don't expect a second RB, but if Louis has a great time a the cookout and commits Miami will happily find room for him. The staff remains enamored with Fitzgerald as an athlete. The key is figuring out where Fitzgerald wants to play and fits best. With his elite ball skills and verified athleticism from the Under Armour combine, his best position may be cornerback.

- We expect at least two secret visitors. I'll report on them if they make it on campus. Impact 2025 guys.

- There have been rumors about DE Herbert Scroggins (Savannah), LB Elijah Melendez (Kissimmee) and CB Jaboree Antoine (New Iberia, LA). I'm told that all three are solid and attending the Miami cookout.

- One new name to keep an eye on at DT: Mykah Newton from Newberry, FL. The twitchy 6'2, 260-pound NC State is young for his class with lots of room in his frame to grow:

- In terms of 2026 kids at the cookout, one name in particular has momentum: blue-chip West Boca RB Javian Mallory:

Great stuff, as always, @DMoney .

Serious question, when does the staff expect to know about the "increased roster size" rules and the number of scholarships Miami will be able to award. With the IC rules "still suspended", does that make it easier to take another RB and/or honor the scholarship of a recently-injured commit?

I know you're a busy guy, hope to see you in Hogtown!

- DE Iose Epenesa (Edwardsville, IL) is the other big name to watch. The two schools with the most buzz are Miami and Utah but he doesn't seem any closer to a decision. However, he plays it pretty close to the vest.

- Two names that are re-emerging as options: RB Byron Louis (American Heritage) and DB Bryce Fitzgerald (Columbus). My info has been pretty consistent that we don't expect a second RB, but if Louis has a great time a the cookout and commits Miami will happily find room for him. The staff remains enamored with Fitzgerald as an athlete. The key is figuring out where Fitzgerald wants to play and fits best. With his elite ball skills and verified athleticism from the Under Armour combine, his best position may be cornerback.

- We expect at least two secret visitors. I'll report on them if they make it on campus. Impact 2025 guys.

- There have been rumors about DE Herbert Scroggins (Savannah), LB Elijah Melendez (Kissimmee) and CB Jaboree Antoine (New Iberia, LA). I'm told that all three are solid and attending the Miami cookout.

- One new name to keep an eye on at DT: Mykah Newton from Newberry, FL. The twitchy 6'2, 260-pound NC State is young for his class with lots of room in his frame to grow:

- In terms of 2026 kids at the cookout, one name in particular has momentum: blue-chip West Boca RB Javian Mallory:

Dmoney I’ve seen on another site we’re having 26 cb jaelen waters Florida gator commit on campus for the cookout he’s teammates with Pringle our only rb commit from armwood

Advertisement
Whatever auburn is paying the kids to visit for their cookout just get close to it. Although I’m sure there will be some quality southern barbecue on the plains

Advertisement
Ffrench would be amazing I just don’t know if right now we are beating TX in a head to head.

I wish we would take a second RB in Louis because we will always have attrition each season.

I wish Epenesa would commit prior to the season his personality doesn’t seem like he needs some grand reveal and if it’s Utah their HC is on his way out.

Dmoney I’ve seen on another site we’re having 26 cb jaelen waters Florida gator commit on campus for the cookout he’s teammates with Pringle our only rb commit from armwood
He is also cousins with Coleman our quarterback commit. Plus his mom and aunt play basketball and ran track for Miami. But his father is a die hard Gator fan.

- Two names that are re-emerging as options: RB Byron Louis (American Heritage) and DB Bryce Fitzgerald (Columbus). My info has been pretty consistent that we don't expect a second RB, but if Louis has a great time at the cookout and commits Miami will happily find room for him. The staff remains enamored with Fitzgerald as an athlete. The key is figuring out where Fitzgerald wants to play and fits best. With his elite ball skills and verified athleticism from the Under Armour combine, his best position may be cornerback.

I was bout to say… taking one RB didnt make any sense. Great job as usual @DMoney

Advertisement
Advertisement
The staff remains enamored with Fitzgerald as an athlete. The key is figuring out where Fitzgerald wants to play and fits best. With his elite ball skills and verified athleticism from the Under Armour combine, his best position may be cornerback.

I've always thought Fitz was a take…But let's be real, it's been a long time since any word even close to "enamored" was used with regards to UM staff and Fitz.

Advertisement
Back