Thad Franklin......

I was trying to be nice when I only mentioned Gio Bernard.

Your actual Yearby scouting report was:

Warrick Dunn - vision & feet
Gio Bernard - pass catching
Duke Johnson - intangibles
Bishop Sankey-like career (1st RB drafted in 2014)

You didn't think Yearby was a solid #2. You thought he was a stud starter. Just own it my man.

View attachment 291566

View attachment 291567
Yearby did have good vision.

Ok I’m out.

I don’t want any of this D$/ Geta/ CNN Bernard Shaw smoke.

Advertisement

You didn't think Yearby was a solid #2. You thought he was a stud starter. Just own it my man.

View attachment 291566

View attachment 291567
I ranked him as the #9 player in South Florida on that list. That’s several spots lower than the recruiting rankings had him. Do you think that’s too high?

It seems I used about forty player comps for Yearby. This is the one that sums it up best:
**** BSHAW u started out like drake....now dmoney(kendrick) coming with HIS receipts.

I'll Vouch when we had no shot at cook dmoney always had him above yearby. lol He always had yearby as a solid player....which he was.

I remember the cook/yearby debates and i remember saying we had NO SHOT at Cook because whaT kind of south florida star commits to Clemson early of all places.

Yearby just had no second gear...he had some smooth feet and good vision..he was messing with an older chic who had kids and had his kid on the way or laready had her and jumped in the draft when he should of transfereed elsewhere to start for one more year. In the NIL szns he would of played at somewhere else for a check and put more film out there probably more time to get right for the draft and had a chance to be drafted as a late rounder or a prority free agent...sort of like Gus the Bus. lol

Yearby NFL ceiling still would of been like a Myles Gaskin. As a 7th rounder Myles Gskin may get a 6 yr as a rb and get a goodnfl pension heading out.

View attachment 291566

View attachment 291567
For all the **** you talk, I hope you have receipts of all the spot on evals you had

Advertisement
**** BSHAW u started out like drake....now dmoney(kendrick) coming with HIS receipts.

I'll Vouch when we had no shot at cook dmoney always had him above yearby. lol He always had yearby as a solid player....which he was.

I remember the cook/yearby debates and i remember saying we had NO SHOT at Cook because whaT kind of south florida star commits to Clemson early of all places.

Yearby just had no second gear...he had some smooth feet and good vision..he was messing with an older chic who had kids and had his kid on the way or laready had her and jumped in the draft when he should of transfereed elsewhere to start for one more year. In the NIL szns he would of played at somewhere else for a check and put more film out there probably more time to get right for the draft and had a chance to be drafted as a late rounder or a prority free agent...sort of like Gus the Bus. lol

Yearby NFL ceiling still would of been like a Myles Gaskin. As a 7th rounder Myles Gskin may get a 6 yr as a rb and get a goodnfl pension heading out.

I have plenty AWFUL takes. You shouldn't have to look too hard. The difference is, if you find me saying something as bad as "Jaylan Knight comps to Dalvin Cook or Duke Johnson" - I'll have the common sense to admit it's a bad take. I won't defend it like you & D$ are doing here.

DMoney definitely always had Cook over Yearby. So did I. But that's not something to pat yourself on the back for. Cook being better than Yearby was one of the easier takes you'll ever have.

Myles Gaskin was 205/4.58 and rushed for 5,300 yds in college (12th all time leading rusher) and started for the Dolphins for 2 years. Gaskin was a better talent & athlete than Yearby.

Joe Yearby was 185/4.67 (pro day - that adjusts to 4.72) and rushed for 2,100 yds in college.

Yearby didn't even get in an NFL camp because with his athletic profile he was never going to be an NFL player. That's why Choc made it to final cuts with the Browns, and Robert Burns was on the Bears practice squad last year. NFL teams were rolling the dice on their physical traits, even though I'm sure people would unanimously agree Yearby was a better RB than Choc or Burns.

I ranked him as the #9 player in South Florida on that list. That’s several spots lower than the recruiting rankings had him. Do you think that’s too high?

What does your ranking have to do with your player comps for Yearby? Again, those were:

Dunn - #1 RB taken in the 1997 draft
Bernard - #1 RB taken in the 2013 draft
Sankey - #1 RB taken in the 2014 draft

To make those comps at the time & then to now say that all along you expected Yearby to be an undrafted #2 type RB is disingenuous.

What does your ranking have to do with your player comps for Yearby? Again, those were:

Dunn - #1 RB taken in the 1997 draft
Bernard - #1 RB taken in the 2013 draft
Sankey - #1 RB taken in the 2014 draft

To make those comps at the time & then to now say that all along you expected Yearby to be an undrafted #2 type RB is disingenuous.
The ranking reflects how I believe the players will perform. I rated him as the #9 player in South Florida. That was several spots lower than the recruiting services, which meant I was more down on him than the national consensus.

A style comp is not an impact comparison. Often, you will pick a recognizable player with similar stylistic traits (gait, footwork, etc.) to paint a familiar picture for someone who has not seen the player at length.

If I thought he would produce like Warrick Dunn, he wouldn't be the #9 player in his own city.

Advertisement
Here's Miami's 2021 backfield. Sometimes there are no good options.

Knighton - 145 carries at Miami (in 8 games). 136 carries at SMU (in 12 games)
Cody Brown - 34 carries at Miami. 2 carries at UVA. In the portal.
Thad Franklin - 23 carries at Miami. 12 carries at Louisiana-Monroe. Transferred to FAMU.
But Miami couldn’t run the ball because of Lashlee, remember? With that stable of talented backs and the NFL level offensive line blocking for them how could they struggle so bad running the ball?

The ranking reflects how I believe the players will perform. I rated him as the #9 player in South Florida. That was several spots lower than the recruiting services, which meant I was more down on him than the national consensus.

A style comp is not an impact comparison. Often, you will pick a recognizable player with similar stylistic traits (gait, footwork, etc.) to paint a familiar picture for someone who has not seen the player at length.

If I thought he would produce like Warrick Dunn, he wouldn't be the #9 player in his own city.
Again you're being disingenuous

Yearby was only #9 because SFL also had Dalvin Cook & Sony Michel ranked above him. That year was stacked, so that pushed Yearby down.

Even so - if Yearby was the #9 plyer in SFL and was a #2 backup type, are you saying that only 7-8 starting level players come out of FL each year?

Gio & Warrick Dunn were your style comps for Yearby.

Your "impact" comp was Bishop Sankey, who had just been the #1 RB drafted 5 months earlier when you said " I see Yearby developing into a Bishop Sankey-type player".

I'm not saying you thought Yearby actually be Warrick Dunn. I am saying there's a 0% chance Yearby was exactly as good as you thought he was going to be.

Advertisement
But Miami couldn’t run the ball because of Lashlee, remember? With that stable of talented backs and the NFL level offensive line blocking for them how could they struggle so bad running the ball?
"Lashlee only has 1 running play!" was the defense of Knighton. Lashlee was holding Knighton back.

Then Knighton followed Lashlee to SMU. Rooster must really love that 1 play.

Personally, I appreciate the insight provided by people with more knowledge than me and I'm not a **** that discourages them from sharing in the future in the event they're wrong.
Agreed. Receipts go both ways and some enjoy the receipt game, like to peacock about being right... either way -- take the W or the L and move on...

The board loves to say, but but but X Y or Z said this so just trust and believe it... and multiple times there are receipts to show those people add tremendous value, but blindly following anyone is unwise...

For all the **** you talk, I hope you have receipts of all the spot on evals you had

My comp for Yearby was always Graig Cooper.

I've been saying Graig Cooper while others were saying Warrick Dunn for a long time now brother.

1718288776766.png

Advertisement
My comp for Yearby was always Graig Cooper.

I've been saying Graig Cooper while others were saying Warrick Dunn for a long time now brother.

View attachment 291611
Cooper, pre injury was a better athlete, IMO. Yearby had the vision and patience that Cooper never had though. Graig Cooper running up the back of his offensive linemen is an image permanently burned into my brain. Oddly enough, I think Henry Parrish and Joe Yearby are pretty much the same player.

Dont go easy on him.

Bshaw doesnt even put out near the amount of comps as we do. And like stated the comps could be style and not that they are exactly gonna be the same person.

I just stated if everything kicked right on Yearby his ceiling would of been Myles Gaskin (NFL WISE) had he played his sr szn...shaw eating me up about how much better of an athlete Gaskin was , etc.

They are scared to throw out comps on thew amount of players usually 30+ a class that we target but would rolll you over with walmart price busters for Mark Wal.......

Advertisement
Back