Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

09:30USDConsumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (YoY)(Jan) TRADE NOW3.9% 3.163.7%3.9%
09:30USDConsumer Price Index (MoM)(Jan) TRADE NOW0.3% 1.340.2%0.2%
09:30USDConsumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (MoM)(Jan) TRADE NOW0.4% 1.580.3%0.3%
09:30USDConsumer Price Index Core s.a(Jan)314.44--313.21
09:30USDConsumer Price Index (YoY)(Jan) TRADE NOW3.1% 1.962.9%3.4%
09:30USDConsumer Price Index n.s.a (MoM)(Jan) TRADE NOW308.4172.18307.986306.746
CPI higher than expected…int. rates yields up
Rents up 90…M2 growing
Rate cuts will be delayed. A lot of price increases in certain fields. We also have a hot economy…

Last edited:
Advertisement
That may be so, but the vast majority or people do not have access to non-public investments. If you don’t own your own business and aren’t going through real estate, then what are you left with?

There are a few ways to invest in non-public investments. Here are two examples.

https://www.angelcapitalassociation.org/ . You can find an angel investment group and buy shares of start-ups or funds that invest in start-ups.

HIIVE is for pre-IPO companies that have private shares: https://www.hiive.com/securities/spacex-stock (picked SpaceX as I am very bullish)

I'm sure I could find more but would agree that starting a business and/or real estate are two of the best ways to grow your investments.

There are a few ways to invest in non-public investments. Here are two examples.

https://www.angelcapitalassociation.org/ . You can find an angel investment group and buy shares of start-ups or funds that invest in start-ups.

HIIVE is for pre-IPO companies that have private shares: https://www.hiive.com/securities/spacex-stock (picked SpaceX as I am very bullish)

I'm sure I could find more but would agree that starting a business and/or real estate are two of the best ways to grow your investments.
These are great resources, thank you for sharing. I guess my bigger point is for most people, the Bogle method of investing is the right one and doing even that with your money is way, way better than doing nothing. It likely is for me and I have a legal/finance background.

Real Estate #1 ***** it’s finite
Start ups are too risky..there are always more losers than winners.
BTW the MKT. had time to digest the inflation numbers.

Real Estate #1 ***** it’s finite
Start ups are too risky..there are always more losers than winners.
BTW the MKT. had time to digest the inflation numbers.

Limited supply means more upside if you buy in the right location(s).

You can manage risks by diversifying your investments. Furthermore, I would only recommend investing in businesses you understand well. Peter Lynch used to say this all the time. If you don't know anything, you are not investing but gambling.

Advertisement
I subscribe to the "Random Walk" theory, which basically states stock prices are random and can't be predicted. Therefore, I mostly buy individual stocks based on momentum only and I don't know, nor could I care a less what the company does.

Eyeing gilead? Anyone following them? Last I had them was after they bought my immu shares for anti cancer drugs.

09:30USDNY Empire State Manufacturing Index(Feb) TRADE NOW-2.40.65-15-43.7
09:30USDRetail Sales (MoM)(Jan) TRADE NOW-0.8% -7.14-0.1%0.4%
09:30USDImport Price Index (MoM)(Jan) TRADE NOW0.8% 2.130%-0.7%
09:30USDContinuing Jobless Claims(Feb 2) TRADE NOW1.895M0.421.88M1.865M
09:30USDPhiladelphia Fed Manufacturing Survey(Feb) TRADE NOW5.22.49-8-10.6
09:30USDInitial Jobless Claims(Feb 9) TRADE NOW212K-0.63220K220K
09:30USDExport Price Index (MoM)(Jan) TRADE NOW0.8% 1.66-0.1%-0.9%
09:30USDRetail Sales Control Group(Jan)-0.4% --0.6%
09:30USDExport Price Index (YoY)(Jan)-2.4% ---3.2%
09:30USDInitial Jobless Claims 4-week average(Feb 9)218.5K--212.75K
09:30USDRetail Sales ex Autos (MoM)(Jan) TRADE NOW-0.6% -7.840.2%0.4%
09:30USDImport Price Index (YoY)(Jan)-1.3% ---1.6%
A lot of news to digest for January
Jobless claims down
Retail sales down
NY State Manufacturing Index up
Philly Fed Manufacturing up
Substantial Manufacturing growth…the economy is strong and growing

Advertisement
09:30USDBuilding Permits (MoM)(Jan) TRADE NOW1.47M-1.081.509M1.493M
09:30USDBuilding Permits Change(Jan)-1.5% --1.8%
09:30USDHousing Starts (MoM)(Jan) TRADE NOW1.331M-1.131.46M1.562M
09:30USDHousing Starts Change(Jan)-14.8% --3.3%
09:30USDProducer Price Index ex Food & Energy (YoY)(Jan) TRADE NOW2% 1.661.6%1.8%
09:30USDProducer Price Index ex Food & Energy (MoM)(Jan) TRADE NOW0.5% 2.720.1%-0.1%
09:30USDProducer Price Index (MoM)(Jan) TRADE NOW0.3% 0.660.1%-0.1%
09:30USDProducer Price Index (YoY)(Jan) TRADE NOW0.9% 0.680.6%1%
PPI UP ^^^^^
January was a MFer ….could be a one off after the Dec. holidays, but maybe not. I’m not panicking

Anyone interested in a little risk? Got in BMR yesterday at the close. Up 50% right now.
I don’t like risk, but LLY exploding. Morgan Stanley is saying they can be the next Trillion Dollar Company and their weight loss drug is now launching in Great Britain. They are being approved in Europe which was previously dominated by NVO, which is also rising fast.
Anyone buying NVDA before earnings? It could bounce 10% in either direction…

I don’t like risk, but LLY exploding. Morgan Stanley is saying they can be the next Trillion Dollar Company and their weight loss drug is now launching in Great Britain. They are being approved in Europe which was previously dominated by NVO, which is also rising fast.
90% of my account is in RE and ETFs. The other 10% is for high risk equities.

LOOP Capital has a price target of $1,200, on NVDA, 60% above current price.

Advertisement
Im going with NVO

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back