Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
I haven’t noticed a drop in rent but have noticed a decrease in demand. It is pretty tough to keep up with the demand of 2022.
Bigger companies can afford vacancies for longer but the basics of supply and demand eventually win out.

08:30 USD Core PCE Price Index (MoM) (Aug) 0.1% 0.2% 0.2%
08:30 USD Core PCE Price Index (YoY) (Aug) 2.7% 2.7% 2.6%
08:30 USD Goods Trade Balance (Aug) -94.26B -100.60B -102.84B
08:30 USD PCE Price index (YoY) (Aug) 2.2% 2.3% 2.5%
08:30 USD PCE price index (MoM) (Aug) 0.1% 0.2% 0.2%
08:30 USD Personal Income (MoM) (Aug) 0.2% 0.4% 0.3%
08:30 USD Personal Spending (MoM) (Aug) 0.2% 0.3% 0.5%

Core PCE MoM down
Core PCE YoY as expected
PCE price index YoY down
PCE price index MoM down
Personal consumption expenses all tied to inflation and are mostly down
Personal income down
Personal spending down
Cuts will continue imo

I haven’t noticed a drop in rent but have noticed a decrease in demand. It is pretty tough to keep up with the demand of 2022.

Vacancies.
lower rent.
Home prices should follow.

Typically real estate moves at a snails pace.

Advertisement

Vacancies.
lower rent.

That house is from the 50's. Even remodeled, it can't compete with a condo in a development. Also, it's on the West Coast.

Vacancies.
lower rent.

I've been a real estate investor for over 20 years.

Vacancies- likely due to mismatched rent to value of rental
Lower rent- same as vacancies
Home price- more concerned about unemployment jumping causing this drop and additional stress on rentals.

Advertisement
That house is from the 50's. Even remodeled, it can't compete with a condo in a development. Also, it's on the West Coast.
There are even older homes in Manhattan. Real Estate always prioritizes location. Then you have square footage and finally age.

You can always update a home, but cant pick it up and move it.

There are even older homes in Manhattan. Real Estate always prioritizes location. Then you have square footage and finally age.

You can always update a home, but cant pick it up and move it.
The West Coast is having issues and I'm sure yet another storm surge is not going to help. You also have to consider the competition. Most of those old home usually only have 1 bathroom. and are under 1000 sq. ft. So you can drop similar money and call this home.

1727457412496.png

The West Coast is having issues and I'm sure yet another storm surge is not going to help. You also have to consider the competition. Most of those old home usually only have 1 bathroom. and are under 1000 sq. ft. So you can drop similar money and call this home.

View attachment 304800
You can, but some people want a backyard and no neighbors on their ceiling.

Do not miss the point here. Corporations owning residential property drove up the market and can push it down too.

This is not limited to the gulf! Same is happening in Orlando too.

You can, but some people want a backyard and no neighbors on their ceiling.

Do not miss the point here. Corporations owning residential property drove up the market and can push it down too.

This is not limited to the gulf! Same is happening in Orlando too.
I've lived with room to roam for a long time. Nobody understands the value of space more than I do. I can also go to Orlando and find nicer homes for $2500/month rent than that one if staying in a rental community isn't desirable.

I also get the whole institutional investor problem.

Advertisement
I don’t care for openAI. I care about the growth potential of DJT. Time will tell. I got plenty of time. Pretty comfy with my investment. Good week too.

1727480857444.gif

I've been a real estate investor for over 20 years.

Vacancies- likely due to mismatched rent to value of rental
Lower rent- same as vacancies
Home price- more concerned about unemployment jumping causing this drop and additional stress on rentals.

This.

I also disagree with the video posted earlier, because BX and other large PE firms have been BUYING rental residential, which has jumpstarted the market a bit.

Also, almost zero new construction has been started since '22, and there is already a housing shortage, so barring a deep AND long recession, real estate has a bright future for owners, not so much for renters.

Last edited:
Advertisement
U.S.: Powell speech rattles markets before correcting
Powell said in prepared remarks Monday that the Federal Reserve would continue cutting interest rates but left the timeline open and suggested he wasn't in a rush as the market is currently "recalibrating." Despite saying that the economy "is in solid shape," all three major U.S. indexes dropped ahead of and shortly after Powell's speech. Still, within a few hours of the Dow's triple-digit plummet, indexes were in the green again. The Dow closed barely above its Friday record, up 0.04%. The Nasdaq closed up 0.38%, and the S&P 500 rose 0.42%, setting a new record from its high last week.

APPL spiked because of Chinese stimulus.. almost at record levels.

Advertisement
Back