Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Next month I list a rental unit at a 6.5% REDUCTION from the price I got in 2022. Rents are coming down.

6.5% down on rent or home price?

Were you at market rates?

I struggle with larger houses but don’t with smaller houses/ lower rents.

Advertisement
6.5% down on rent or home price?

Were you at market rates?

I struggle with larger houses but don’t with smaller houses/ lower rents.
My units are condos and I rented them out in 2022. Prices have come down on apt. units.

The Producer Price Index released by the Bureau of Labor statistics, Department of Labormeasures the average changes in prices in primary markets of the US by producers of commodities in all states of processing.
08:30 USD PPI ex. Food/Energy/Transport (MoM) (Aug) 0.3% 0.2% 0.3%
08:30 USD PPI ex. Food/Energy/Transport (YoY) (Aug) 3.3% 3.2%
08:30 USD Continuing Jobless Claims 1,850K 1,850K 1,845K
08:30 USD Core PPI (MoM) (Aug) 0.3% 0.2% -0.2%
08:30 USD Core PPI (YoY) (Aug) 2.4% 2.5% 2.4%
08:30 USD Initial Jobless Claims 230K 227K 228K
08:30 USD Jobless Claims 4-Week Avg. 230.75K 230.25K
08:30 USD PPI (MoM) (Aug) 0.2% 0.1% 0.1%
08:30 USD PPI (YoY) (Aug) 1.7% 1.8% 2.1%

Core PPI YoY down ***ex food and energy
Core PPI MoM up Aug.
PPI YOY down
Jobless claims up fractionally
I don’t believe these numbers changed anything for the Fed
Inflation cooling

Last edited:
Spike asked me about my outlook in the last couple of pages and I gave him a path forward that could be stocks not falling.

I agree there is still too much liquidity in the system thats propping up prices, BUT, almost a day doesnt go by that there isnt a bankruptcy (Anthony's Pizza/Burger Fi just went under) or layoffs (Microsoft and Moderna just today). So my best guess is we go down, possibly sharply, but will rebound because of the liquidity.

Advertisement
My units are condos and I rented them out in 2022. Prices have come down on apt. units.

I am not in condos but I am in multiple PE funds and my rental residential is doing great on the revenue side (rents/occupancy still strong) but they have been pressured on rates, insurance and property taxes, which have all finally started to come down. Whats most attractive now IMO is private real estate credit, since a lot of banks are unable/unwilling to lend.

I agree there is still too much liquidity in the system thats propping up prices, BUT, almost a day doesnt go by that there isnt a bankruptcy (Anthony's Pizza/Burger Fi just went under) or layoffs (Microsoft and Moderna just today). So my best guess is we go down, possibly sharply, but will rebound because of the liquidity.
Deloitte and PwC too.

Unemployment getting too high will cause a recession, stock market decline, real estate decline... IMO, the FED has to cut well before we get to 2% inflation. The rich will get richer because they can handle the slowdown by getting cheaper rates.

The FED can get aggressive with cuts but those have a 12-24month lag effect. Congress could provide more fiscal stimulus or use more existing stimulus on the books.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
1726254451112.png

1726254491065.jpeg

@mr.h Hyman is one of the most respected economists, so you have to pay attention to his calls. Not sure I agree, but it bears keeping an open mind.

Top economist Ed Hyman no longer sees recession coming, flips GDP forecast to positive​

@SpikeUM
22 hours ago — Evercore offered 10 reasons for the change. They range from unemployment claims remaining low, plentiful liquidity, slowing inflation giving ...

could you list the 10 reasons why he and evercore changed their forecast?
Thanks

@SpikeUM
22 hours ago — Evercore offered 10 reasons for the change. They range from unemployment claims remaining low, plentiful liquidity, slowing inflation giving ...

could you list the 10 reasons why he and evercore changed their forecast?
Thanks

Ed's reasons are in the article below, as I mentioned earlier I am still bearish and will continue to be, but I will be more open minded to go growth over value/defensive.

Advertisement
Back