Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

08:30 USD Core Durable Goods Orders (MoM) (Jul) -0.2% 0.0% 0.1%
08:30 USD Durable Goods Orders (MoM) (Jul) 9.9% 4.0% -6.9%
08:30 USD Durables Excluding Defense (MoM) (Jul) 10.4% -7.5%
08:30 USD Goods Orders Non Defense Ex Air (MoM) (Jul) -0.1% 0.0% 0.5%

Durable goods orders up big MoM-

Advertisement
NVDA earnings on the 28th…could be bigger than economic indicators…
I’ll be interested in how Salesforce does..dropped 20% last earnings
GDP and Jobless claims on the 29th..
IMO, Salesforce suffered from rapid success that's difficult to maintain. I wouldn't be surprised to see Monday.com go down the same road. They get all the buzz, people switch, then discover there are flaws and move on.

IMO, Salesforce suffered from rapid success that's difficult to maintain. I wouldn't be surprised to see Monday.com go down the same road. They get all the buzz, people switch, then discover there are flaws and move on.
I believe the work from home model is not as productive..

If anything people were more productive at home and worked more hours. The forced shift back to in office is because of the real estate the companies have. Can't have these big offices sitting empty.

Advertisement
If anything people were more productive at home and worked more hours. The forced shift back to in office is because of the real estate the companies have. Can't have these big offices sitting empty.
Disagree 100%. First off, it depends on experience level. Second it depends on industry. They may have also worked more hours but whether they were as productive or quality hours is another story. Real estate is historically one of the highest expenses for professional service firms. I can assure you if they were driving the same efficiencies and saw a long term viability to WFH, they would have in unison been happy to shed that expense irrespective of what their landlords said.

Disagree 100%. First off, it depends on experience level. Second it depends on industry. They may have also worked more hours but whether they were as productive or quality hours is another story. Real estate is historically one of the highest expenses for professional service firms. I can assure you if they were driving the same efficiencies and saw a long term viability to WFH, they would have in unison been happy to shed that expense irrespective of what their landlords said.
Agree that it varies based on the industry. Agree to disagree with the bolded.

I'd suggest that you cannot make that claim as a broad statement. I work for a company that bills by the hour. My productivity is exactly the same as if I worked in an office and even moreso than if I had to travel to customers' sites.
But you’re here posting all day….lmao

In what industry?

I make far more money individually and we make far more profit as a firm now than in 2020. Nothing changed except working from home.

Advertisement
Agree. It's people who want their commercial property to be valuable rather than an albatross. I say let them take their losses.

Agree. It's people who want their commercial property to be valuable rather than an albatross. I say let them take their losses.
I think people, especially young employees, are missing out socially by not working with other office workers. Teamwork…I’m old school

I think people, especially young employees, are missing out socially by not working with other office workers. Teamwork…I’m old school
To a point, I agree. But when you see a situation like Twitter that had thousands of employees bragging about working from home and not doing anything, it shines a negative light on all of it.

Advertisement
They're missing absolutely nothing. No one wants to be there in the first place. They're coworkers, not friends, and that's the way it should be. Going to the office for no reason other than for "social" purposes is torture, not teamwork.

They're missing absolutely nothing. No one wants to be there in the first place. They're coworkers, not friends, and that's the way it should be. Going to the office for no reason other than for "social" purposes is torture, not teamwork.
Politely disagree, at least in the professional services setting. And while coworkers are not friends, it is so much more effective to build relationships both internally and for later in your career when people are in-house with face time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back