Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Business Insider

Trump is considering giving Jamie Dimon, who he once called a 'highly overrated globalist,' a prime Cabinet position​

Trump was effusive in his praise for the JPMorgan chief in a Bloomberg Businessweek interview published Tuesday.

"I have a lot of respect for Jamie Dimon," Trump told the outlet.

"He is somebody that I would consider, sure," he added when asked if Dimon could be his next Treasury Secretary.

As of today, AI is costing 1-2 cents per query. That is not something that is going to survive. In 10 years, I expect that to be $.001 per call. In the meantime, I would expect a market correction on semis and tech. Ironically, Trump pumping out more oil would help reduce the cost some but not by a factor of 10x. Time is needed to advance the technology and reduce some of the biggest costs (energy and chips).

Advertisement
Business Insider

Trump is considering giving Jamie Dimon, who he once called a 'highly overrated globalist,' a prime Cabinet position​

Trump was effusive in his praise for the JPMorgan chief in a Bloomberg Businessweek interview published Tuesday.

"I have a lot of respect for Jamie Dimon," Trump told the outlet.

"He is somebody that I would consider, sure," he added when asked if Dimon could be his next Treasury Secretary.

You know I love me some Jamie

Advertisement
I expect tech to miss after most others miss. Remember, those other companies make up a large percentage of purchasing power of tech sold.
Yes there may be misses, but Google beat and still dropped. After big gains in tech, it’s healthy to have a pullback. These big tech companies are going through the roof in the next 5 years because of AI and cloud..
I believe rate cuts are needed NOW.

Advertisement
Yes there may be misses, but Google beat and still dropped. After big gains in tech, it’s healthy to have a pullback. These big tech companies are going through the roof in the next 5 years because of AI and cloud..
I believe rate cuts are needed NOW.

Every asset will go through the roof in the next 5 years after another round of rate cuts leading to massive inflation. There is little the FED can do to stimulate the economy without causing inflation. This is due to the government debt and interest payments on it. The only way out is higher inflation, higher rates, for many years. The sooner the government cuts spending the faster we end this cycle.

Every asset will go through the roof in the next 5 years after another round of rate cuts leading to massive inflation. There is little the FED can do to stimulate the economy without causing inflation. This is due to the government debt and interest payments on it. The only way out is higher inflation, higher rates, for many years. The sooner the government cuts spending the faster we end this cycle.
Cuts and revenue!

Advertisement
Cuts and revenue!
cuts= higher inflation
Revenue- yes, it goes up due to higher gdp BUT that pace isn’t matching debt payments.

I’ll take it a step further. Government spending has to slow, taxes have to go up, & inflation has to run above 2% for many years. Now find me a politician that will admit this and vote on this policy.

I agree with your post but caution about "every" asset going up.

I agree with your post but caution about "every" asset going up.
True. Lots of assets will go up due to inflation. Some clearly won’t and depending on who is elected we could see wild changes in what does go up vs doesn’t. Thanks for calling me on the generalization.

Advertisement
Back