Steve Gorten: Luther Robinson Considering Transferring

• Thread starter Thread starter TheU1991
  • Start date Start date
[]_[]nique-31;273560 said:
[]_[]nique-31;273526 said:
you don't understand what i'm saying.

you're saying that luther deserves to get a chance to play because he earned playing time under randy, which signals that he's a talented player.

i'm saying you can throw that assumption out because randy had no clue who was talented enough to deserve playing time, seen by the way that he sat tommy.

Mike Williams started ALL YEAR for Golden and he is horrible, so I guess Randy messed up, and Al messed up too but yes I think Luther DESERVES a shot to COMPETE at DT

and who exactly did we have that could have played instead of mike williams....? we had no depth at db. how are you going to blame golden for that, when HE HAD TO GO OUT AND GET MIKE FROM WAKE because of the fact that there was no one else to play the position. there's a difference between being forced to play someone and choosing to let them play after mis-evaluating their "talent".

ANYBODY lol he is my most hated "Cane" since Berlin!!!!!!!! As Charles Barkely would say "Just Turrible" lol

Berlin wasn't a "great" QB here but he wasn't terrible either. He actually had a really respectable record as a starter in 03, 04.

You do realize that Larry "the Joke" Coker and the offensive coordinator had no clue right? Because if they did to remove their heads from their a$$ they would have played to Berlin's strength which was as a spread QB.

Any moron could have seen this but unfortunately we were blessed with having a pair of the worst coaches ever in D1A.

Coker = turrible! and then some

Advertisement
If he's being asked to switch positions before spring, the coaches must feel that the incoming freshmen are already better than him or they are forcing him out. We arent exactly starving for OL either so my bet would be Golden is cutting dead weight and maybe even sending a message to the rest of the team.

I'm wondering why the kid/his father decided to go to the media with their story??? Situations like this happen at every college in America but can they be worked out in a 5 minute phone call. I think Robinson will eventually find his way to FIU/FAU/etc. soon enough....

If he's being asked to switch positions before spring, the coaches must feel that the incoming freshmen are already better than him or they are forcing him out. We arent exactly starving for OL either so my bet would be Golden is cutting dead weight and maybe even sending a message to the rest of the team.

I'm wondering why the kid/his father decided to go to the media with their story??? Situations like this happen at every college in America but can they be worked out in a 5 minute phone call. I think Robinson will eventually find his way to FIU/FAU/etc. soon enough....

Although i definitely agree that this could be Golden sending Robinson a signal that he should explore other options, this could also be Golden recognizing the fact that our OL depth, particularly inside, is atrocious.

[]_[]nique-31;273192 said:
I dnt see this as being soft or him having a bad attitude. He played in 11 games as a RS Fr and then got hurt last year, he even said he knows he has to work harder, he just wants a fair shot......how is that soft? And he doesn't even want to leave.

I agree, highly touted DT coming out of high school plays as RS Fresh. got hurt last year and now u want him to move to GUARD. I am behind the "U" but if my son he would leave to . This means he isnt good enough to be in the rotation which is already thin.

In what world was he "highly touted?"

Advertisement
[]_[]nique-31;273560 said:
[]_[]nique-31;273526 said:
you don't understand what i'm saying.

you're saying that luther deserves to get a chance to play because he earned playing time under randy, which signals that he's a talented player.

i'm saying you can throw that assumption out because randy had no clue who was talented enough to deserve playing time, seen by the way that he sat tommy.

Mike Williams started ALL YEAR for Golden and he is horrible, so I guess Randy messed up, and Al messed up too but yes I think Luther DESERVES a shot to COMPETE at DT

and who exactly did we have that could have played instead of mike williams....? we had no depth at db. how are you going to blame golden for that, when HE HAD TO GO OUT AND GET MIKE FROM WAKE because of the fact that there was no one else to play the position. there's a difference between being forced to play someone and choosing to let them play after mis-evaluating their "talent".

ANYBODY lol he is my most hated "Cane" since Berlin!!!!!!!! As Charles Barkely would say "Just Turrible" lol

LOL hated since Berlin, very odd choice considering Jacory and Kirby and Kyle were much worse. And I didn't hate Mike Williams, I knew there wasn't anyone else there and he had to fill a spot. Maybe you like Payne.

Luther is getting the Jeremy Lewis treatment. Except Lewis might actually make the 2-deep at OG.

We're pretty stacked at DT with or without Luther:

Porter
Smith
Grimble
Pierre
King
Moore
Briscoe
Ivery

I'm absolutely confident that our coaching staff confers long days and nights on how to shift players to their most unlikely possibilities of success.

We all know that Chickillo is the greatest wide receiver on the team, but the damned coaches stuck him at DE.

We all know that the next move will be to put Ivery in at running back, just as sure a dookey stinks.

It's all part of the plan.

Advertisement
All I'm saying is let him play it out at dt For the Spring. He obviously already sees the writing on the wall. Either he steps up or he moves on in the summer. My thing is its not costing anyone to let him stay at dt for the spring....maybe he builds up the competition and surprises.

All I'm saying is let him play it out at dt For the Spring. He obviously already sees the writing on the wall. Either he steps up or he moves on in the summer. My thing is its not costing anyone to let him stay at dt for the spring....maybe he builds up the competition and surprises.

It is costing other guys, who the coaches feel are worthy, reps.

Like I said in another post, Golden is as organized as coaches come. He knows what he is doing in this situation.

Is this pee wee football? Are we suppose to give guys a chance, even though they suck, just to make them feel better?

Maybe he surprises.

Or maybe he does nothing and takes away reps from guys like Smith, Grimble, King, and Pierre.

Advertisement
Too bad Porter can't be counted on to play a full season. Besides our guys not playing very well at DT, they also get hurt a lot.

I think Darius Smith will have a solid season and Porter can make a huge impact next to him but I hesitate to say anything positive about the xepth we have at DT when its all freshmen and guys that are injured.

I remember hearing stuff like this when Dye made the move to TE, by the end of the year, Al was singing his praises. Make the move or move on! This is Al's team.

While I side with the mindset that coach Golden and staff know the deal w/r/t Luther Robinson, I really hope they do not force him out this year. The 2012 season will be his forth year on campus. After this season the university will have fulfilled its obligation to LR. I have no problem with the staff not offering him a 5th year, but Im NEVER in favor of forced cuts simply because of poor on-field performance.

Advertisement
SF, I partially agree about cuts.

Thing is, in the real world - that one just off campus - you don't perform, you get fired. Your boss asks you to do something you're not accustomed to doing and you don't want to - you're fired.

Hate seeing a guy get cut early, but ****.

It's not like he got asked to take long warm showers with any former Penn State coaches.

Advertisement
Back