Steve Gorten: Luther Robinson Considering Transferring

• Thread starter Thread starter TheU1991
  • Start date Start date
Bottom Line - The coaches know the personnel better than any of us. If the coach asks you to switch positions you switch or you transfer.

Advertisement
He definitively isnt saying he's entitled, he's saying he has the talent and ****, he played heavily his RS Fr year before getting hurt, thats what he's done in college. He has more on his resume than Tommy Streeter did goin into last year......he is a CANE......act like ya'll are too [/QUOTE]

heavy playing time meant absolutely nothing with randy. you point out tommy streeter as an example for your argument. yet at the same time, the kid got 0 pt and had a pretty big year last year. does the fact that he didn't get pt as a freshman (or any other year for that matter) under randy mean that he isn't a talented wr? no. again, pt under randy's regime isn't any indicator of "talent".[/QUOTE]

You helped my point......he didnt even play last year, just like Tommy didnt play before last year........so why move him now???????

you don't understand what i'm saying.

you're saying that luther deserves to get a chance to play because he earned playing time under randy, which signals that he's a talented player.

i'm saying you can throw that assumption out because randy had no clue who was talented enough to deserve playing time, seen by the way that he sat tommy.

Bottom Line - The coaches know the personnel better than any of us. If the coach asks you to switch positions you switch or you transfer.

I disagree because how many ppl think it sucked that the coaches never gave Devin Hester a solid position......what if he said I dnt want to keep moving all over the place, I want to play WR.......authority is not always right and doesnt always no whats best.....you have to look at it from both sides, not just the coaches. This isnt a Sam Shields moving from WR to DB situation, that was a good move for him because of the depth chart and his skill set, thats not the case for Luther

are people really arguing to keep Robinson at DT just for the **** of it? dude got passed up by ******* Corey King

why the **** would you want to keep garbage players?

Advertisement

you're saying that luther deserves to get a chance to play because he earned playing time under randy, which signals that he's a talented player.

i'm saying you can throw that assumption out because randy had no clue who was talented enough to deserve playing time, seen by the way that he sat tommy.

Mike Williams started ALL YEAR for Golden and he is horrible, so I guess Randy messed up, and Al messed up too but yes I think Luther DESERVES a shot to COMPETE at DT

are people really arguing to keep Robinson at DT just for the **** of it? dude got passed up by ****ing Corey King

He was out the whole season.....yea its easy to pass up a player on the injured list and Im arguing for Hurricanes cuz the ones that want to be Hurricanes are still on the team and want to be there

Last edited:
[]_[]nique-31;273526 said:

Mike Williams started ALL YEAR for Golden and he is horrible, so I guess Randy messed up, and Al messed up too but yes I think Luther DESERVES a shot to COMPETE at DT

and who exactly did we have that could have played instead of mike williams....? we had no depth at db. how are you going to blame golden for that, when HE HAD TO GO OUT AND GET MIKE FROM WAKE because of the fact that there was no one else to play the position. there's a difference between being forced to play someone and choosing to let them play after mis-evaluating their "talent".

Is this the point where the dummies from Grassy come over and ruin the board?

Advertisement
I disagree because how many ppl think it sucked that the coaches never gave Devin Hester a solid position......what if he said I dnt want to keep moving all over the place, I want to play WR.......authority is not always right and doesnt always no whats best.....you have to look at it from both sides, not just the coaches. This isnt a Sam Shields moving from WR to DB situation, that was a good move for him because of the depth chart and his skill set, thats not the case for Luther

I agree with you that authority is not always correct. Al Golden has and will make mistakes.

I believe Al Golden makes his decisions based on what he thinks would be best for Miami football in the long term. If you do not believe this then I can understand questioning his personnel moves.

If the coach asks you to switch positions you politely discuss with him that you disagree, but you make the move and do your best at the new position or you transfer.

and who exactly did we have that could have played instead of mike williams....? we had no depth at db. how are you going to blame golden for that, when HE HAD TO GO OUT AND GET MIKE FROM WAKE because of the fact that there was no one else to play the position. there's a difference between being forced to play someone and choosing to let them play after mis-evaluating their "talent".

ANYBODY lol he is my most hated "Cane" since Berlin!!!!!!!! As Charles Barkely would say "Just Turrible" lol

This is strange to me. Golden preaches depth and position competition.

Beyond Porter and Smith, who do we have that is so entrenched in the 2 deep?

If the kid wants to compete, let him compete. Moving him to OL makes no sense based on what Golden always says. He's coming off injury, is a Redshirt Junior. 300 lbs. We could use the beef, and I doubt he's any worse than King, Grimble, and Pierre.

lmao. Are you serious? Who the **** do we have at OG/C???? We've got Linder and whichever of Bunche/Feliciano switches down to OG. If you're going to trash Pierre and Grimble, you had better be prepared to trash McDermott, Wheeler, Jeremy Lewis, and Hunter Wells because THAT is who our starting Center and backups are at OG/C. lol.

Advertisement
[]_[]nique-31;273529 said:
are people really arguing to keep Robinson at DT just for the **** of it? dude got passed up by ****ing Corey King

He was out the whole season.....yea its easy to pass up a player on the injured list and Im arguing for Hurricanes cuz the ones that want to be Hurricanes are still on the team and want to be there

I'm sure the staff has a bigger sample size than the injury list. Coach Franklin has a pretty nice resume. I trust him until proven otherwise.

Robinson ******* sucked/sucks/will suck.

get him the **** out of here and put a young guy in his place.

[]_[]nique-31;273560 said:

ANYBODY lol he is my most hated "Cane" since Berlin!!!!!!!! As Charles Barkely would say "Just Turrible" lol

Why the hate for Berlin? He was serviceable QB. Did better than Kyle Wright or Kirby. Would have have loved to have had Berlin over those two.

Berlins record at Miami vs rivals speaks for itself. Berlin is a great cane in my book.

Advertisement

Why the hate for Berlin? He was serviceable QB. Did better than Kyle Wright or Kirby. Would have have loved to have had Berlin over those two.

Berlins record at Miami vs rivals speaks for itself. Berlin is a great cane in my book.

Yeah, wtf?

Yeah, wtf?

Berlin while he was not my favorite cane as with every pass I always had apprehension that it would be an INT. But Berlin was a warrior and looking back on it his faults were greatly enhanced by inept coaching...should have just kept him in the shotgun and let him sling the ball all over the place (and not really have to "think") bc thats when he was the best (UF comeback).

yeah... i totally hate berlin too......................:confused:

[video=youtube;Pf3k_4Obv7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf3k_4Obv7g[/video]

IDK fellas maybe Golden believes the kid will never play here and wants him to transfer.

or

Maybe Golden see's potential in the young man and is just trying to light a fire under his a$$?

Either way we have to start trimming the fat off of the roster.

Advertisement
Back