Steve Gorten: Luther Robinson Considering Transferring

• Thread starter Thread starter TheU1991
  • Start date Start date
Advertisement
I hate to say it but I wouldnt mind if all of shannons guys left and we had to just totally rebuild with goldens players.

I dnt see this as being soft or him having a bad attitude. He played in 11 games as a RS Fr and then got hurt last year, he even said he knows he has to work harder, he just wants a fair shot......how is that soft? And he doesn't even want to leave.

Advertisement
[]_[]nique-31;273192 said:
I dnt see this as being soft or him having a bad attitude. He played in 11 games as a RS Fr and then got hurt last year, he even said he knows he has to work harder, he just wants a fair shot......how is that soft? And he doesn't even want to leave.

Agree....Why can't they let him stay at DT for spring and if he doesn't move up the depth chart then usher him out after.

Agree....Why can't they let him stay at DT for spring and if he doesn't move up the depth chart then usher him out after.

Right......HE WANTS TO COMPETE, isn't that what all the "fans" want?

I think it's both! When these kids come in they all say the same good things. "I want to contribute to the team", "Wherever they need me" and blah blah blah! He should go because he is not a CANE. He doesn't want to leave, but he doesn't want to take one for the team especially when you are at the bottom of the talent Poole. The guys ahead of him are studs and seeing as he hasn't played much and the system switched on that *** he is now dead last. I am of the mindset that when new coaches come so shoould new players. Players that believe in the new coach. The hardest thing to do is to switch a kid from one system to the next. Even harder when the kid has been injured.

I think it's both! When these kids come in they all say the same good things. "I want to contribute to the team", "Wherever they need me" and blah blah blah! He should go because he is not a CANE. He doesn't want to leave, but he doesn't want to take one for the team especially when you are at the bottom of the talent Poole. The guys ahead of him are studs and seeing as he hasn't played much and the system switched on that *** he is now dead last. I am of the mindset that when new coaches come so shoould new players. Players that believe in the new coach. The hardest thing to do is to switch a kid from one system to the next. Even harder when the kid has been injured.

I havent seen anything that would say that the guys ahead of him are "STUDS". Yes, some have played well, but we are far from loaded. You also have to take into account that last year he was injured and maybe that his why he is last on the depth chart. All he wants is a chance to compete. He even said he needs to work harder and is willing to do that. Give him the spring to show it. If he doesn't then he's gone. I dont see the real problem with actually letting a player stay until after the spring. Also, moving him to guard is not taking one for the team. They are moving him to guard to usher him out. They have done that with a couple of players (changing positions especially to TE and FB).

Advertisement

I agree, highly touted DT coming out of high school plays as RS Fresh. got hurt last year and now u want him to move to GUARD. I am behind the "U" but if my son he would leave to . This means he isnt good enough to be in the rotation which is already thin.

WHO

I havent seen anything that would say that the guys ahead of him are "STUDS". Yes, some have played well, but we are far from loaded. You also have to take into account that last year he was injured and maybe that his why he is last on the depth chart. All he wants is a chance to compete. He even said he needs to work harder and is willing to do that. Give him the spring to show it. If he doesn't then he's gone. I dont see the real problem with actually letting a player stay until after the spring. Also, moving him to guard is not taking one for the team. They are moving him to guard to usher him out. They have done that with a couple of players (changing positions especially to TE and FB).

WHO IS A STUD NAME ME 1 STUD DT THAT WE HAVE?

This is strange to me. Golden preaches depth and position competition.

Beyond Porter and Smith, who do we have that is so entrenched in the 2 deep?

If the kid wants to compete, let him compete. Moving him to OL makes no sense based on what Golden always says. He's coming off injury, is a Redshirt Junior. 300 lbs. We could use the beef, and I doubt he's any worse than King, Grimble, and Pierre.

I agree, highly touted DT coming out of high school plays as RS Fresh. got hurt last year and now u want him to move to GUARD. I am behind the "U" but if my son he would leave to . This means he isnt good enough to be in the rotation which is already thin.

i'm sorry, are you saying that he is ENTITLED to a spot? smh this is the same problem that we've had with these kids since randy got in. if coach tells you to move, just move. i don't care who you are. we're acting like this kid has proved himself as something in college. hurt or not, what has he done?

Advertisement

i'm sorry, are you saying that he is ENTITLED to a spot? smh this is the same problem that we've had with these kids since randy got in. if coach tells you to move, just move. i don't care who you are. we're acting like this kid has proved himself as something in college. hurt or not, what has he done?

What has Grimble done? What has Pierre done? What has King done?

What is the point in moving Robinson, anyway? He has almost zero shot at PT on the OL this year, and he at least gives us a body in the middle on the DL that needs all the depth and competition it can get.

I think thats definitely a garbage analysis in this situation because you want him to switch to offensive line just to be a depth player and never see the field instead of keepin him inside DL where we badly need more than bodies at, we need impact, far less imo than on the OL because we have good talent there already. Thats a cop out statement now.

The coaches wouldn't even know if he is or isnt good enough because they only saw him healthy for a short period of time and not in live game situations.

He definitively isnt saying he's entitled, he's saying he has the talent and ****, he played heavily his RS Fr year before getting hurt, thats what he's done in college. He has more on his resume than Tommy Streeter did goin into last year......he is a CANE......act like ya'll are too

What has Grimble done? What has Pierre done? What has King done?

What is the point in moving Robinson, anyway? He has almost zero shot at PT on the OL this year, and he at least gives us a body in the middle on the DL that needs all the depth and competition it can get.

they haven't done **** either. but apparently golden sees more in them than he does in luther. are you trying to tell me that you know the personnel situation better than he does?

just trust the coaches, guys. i'd be saying this no matter who was here. if coach wants to move you, then move. it's his second year here. golden's not here to try to f up the program. just let him do his thing and we can judge him off his results after it's all said and done.

Advertisement

cause he sucks?

[/QUOTE]He definitively isnt saying he's entitled, he's saying he has the talent and ****, he played heavily his RS Fr year before getting hurt, thats what he's done in college. He has more on his resume than Tommy Streeter did goin into last year......he is a CANE......act like ya'll are too [/QUOTE]

heavy playing time meant absolutely nothing with randy. you point out tommy streeter as an example for your argument. yet at the same time, the kid got 0 pt and had a pretty big year last year. does the fact that he didn't get pt as a freshman (or any other year for that matter) under randy mean that he isn't a talented wr? no. again, pt under randy's regime isn't any indicator of "talent".

Last edited:
Maybe the guy sucks? Maybe Golden has seen enough to know he won't do ****

Ok if that be the case still why not let him stay for the spring and maybe he will prove Golden wrong. If not then he's gone in the summer. It's not like he is causing us to go over our scholarship limit by staying.

Advertisement
Back